[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
all of u guys hoping for losses are what killed the laker allure

we can make a push for the playoffs yet u guys wanna lose

some sorry excuse as fans

all of u guys hoping for losses are what killed the laker allure

we can make a push for the playoffs yet u guys wanna lose

some sorry excuse as fans
11 games back

If you don't realize the Lakers are pretty much eliminated from the playoffs by now...

I don't know what to say

Last edited:
The Lakers are just being stupid right now.

Mitch is going back to being Mr. Cupcake for not doing anything right now. Everybody stop calling him Cupcake after the Gasol trade back in the days lol and I think now he's about to get that nickname back. Stop the winning please!!!

I just don't get the point of throwin a Kanye tantrum. The games over.

You might not have wanted a win.
They might not have supposed to won.
They shouldn't be winning.

But they did.

What can you do about it now? What's the point of crying about it?

They're going to lose 85% of their games and win 15%. Even the worst teams in the history of the world still found ways to win some fluky games.

It's inevitable.

We're not about to go on a 35 game losing streak.

Beating Cleveland with 5 guys proves no matter how bad you are you still run into someone worse.

Were going to get a great player in next years draft. Why not just chill and relax until said player arives?

Why put yourself through so much got damn anger and stress over it?

But they did.

They're going to lose 85% of their games and win 15%. Even the worst teams in the history of the world still found ways to win some fluky games.

It's inevitable.

Beating Cleveland with 5 guys proves no matter how bad you are you still run into someone worse.

Were going to get a great player in next years draft. Why not just chill and relax until said player arives?

You gotta point there...

Make a push for the playoffs.........

Yeah, *blocked*
making the playoffs = getting a game changing franchise player in this years draft

your both delusional

i accept this is a bad team and refuse to root for them to lose

we've been spoiled as a fanbase and alot you guys are acting like some cry babies....

you should be more worried about jim buss being at the helm ....i dont trust that man

with anything higher than the 2nd overall pick ...

But they did.

It's inevitable.

These wins affect the next decade. DECADE.

Decade, man.

Long time ago the Blazers thought they were smart, "we have Drexler, we don't need this Jordan kid."

How that work out????

Then it happened AGAIN. "We have Brandon Roy, we don't need this Durant kid."

How that work out????

We are RIGHT THERE, for a top 3 pick. A million injuries, we aren't even really tanking, tanking is sitting Kobe out the 4th quarter up 2. We're just injured. Everyone, injured. just let the losses flow.

We could be passing on a chance to get Durant, or Wade, to get Eddie Jones.

Decade, man.

These wins can alter a decade.

Yes, I am angered by that. Because I want my Lakers back in the hunt. I don't care about decent picks and making the playoffs, I care about titles.

Top 3-4 picks get titles much more often than top 5-10 picks. History shows this.

Last edited:
Lakers fans rather have a team like the Lakeshow instead of Showtime.

I think Lakers fans don't care if we have a team full of Antonio Harveys or Shannon Brown's as long as we win on occasion...smh

laugh.gif
 when CP just had LTB quoted with no response i was like wait.. is he agreeing with him?!

Lakers fans rather have a team like the Lakeshow instead of Showtime.

I think Lakers fans don't care if we have a team full of Antonio Harveys or Shannon Brown's as long as we win on occasion...smh

Personally I just try to analyze the game based on what's really happening. It doesn't take a genius to understand that it's a good thing if we could get a sure fire franchise player in the draft, I wish people would stop thumping their chest like they solved some great mystery. Thing is, it doesn't look like the people who actually hold the cards are invested in that path so I just try to figure what they're thinking under the assumption that they know what they are doing and will be back on top in the next 3-5 years

Last edited:
All I gotta say......is happy 40th, nashty......I have to respect a legend...

Ohm...and these ppl mentioning playoffs....I think they mean hypothetically, if we were, say.....27-24 and at full strength and in the thick of an 8th seed ...the tankers would still proactively root for losses...not "from here on out"....cuz mathematically, we know whassup.

Anyways, if I was a protanker. I wouldnt sweat for 1 red second. The schedule from here on out is very grueling. No shot creators and an even thinner bench. 31 left....8-23 the rest of the way. Maybe 9-22. So that puts us at 26-56 or 27-55. That should ensure a top 5.

Also, im not sure about lance.......
Off the court issues (worse than mwp)....erratic....and if we draft exum/smart or lavine....if rather spend the cap space on a banger/rim protector or back to the basket guy. If we draft vonleh, then I guess.....but stephenson on a phil coached tm makes me feel more at ease (keeps head cases at bay, etc).....I know, not gonna happen....but again, just a hypothetical.

But they did.

It's inevitable.

Decade, man.

Long time ago the Blazers thought they were smart, "we have Drexler, we don't need this Jordan kid."

How that work out????

How that work out????

We are RIGHT THERE, for a top 3 pick. A million injuries, we aren't even really tanking, tanking is sitting Kobe out the 4th quarter up 2. We're just injured. Everyone, injured. just let the losses flow.

Decade, man.

Yes, I am angered by that. Because I want my Lakers back in the hunt. I don't care about decent picks and making the playoffs, I care about titles.

Top 3-4 picks get titles much more often than top 5-10 picks. History shows this.

wrong kobe was a 13 pick and he been balling for almost 2 decades

Allow me to say it before hand.

"There r always exceptions to that..but historically, the allstar and HOF rate in retrospect to top 4 selection ratio is much higher than the opposite"......which is true.

But.......u never know. Maybe your next core "big 3" will be a combination of a FA/top 10 pick/2nd rnd sleeper. Who knows.

Allow me to say it before hand.

"There r always exceptions to that..but historically, the allstar and HOF rate in retrospect to top 4 selection ratio is much higher than the opposite"......which is true.

But.......u never know. Maybe your next core "big 3" will be a combination of a FA/top 10 pick/2nd rnd sleeper. Who knows.
always go with what will result in the highest chance of getting a great player

thats like saying we shouldnt run an offense and just shoot halfcourt shots every time because you never know and they might go in once in a while

^I agree with vindeezy in a way. I think the front office has become very confident in three things: 1. Their ability to scout NBA caliber players 2. Their ability to manipulate the draft and have certain players fall to them and 3. The depth of talent in this draft

Because of all that they aren't too concerned with a top 3 pick like it's an all or nothing type thing. Kobe, Bynum, Marc gasol, potentially Kelly. They do a decent job drafting outside the top 3 and have improved steadily in recent years post Phil

Last edited:

Decade, man.

How that work out????

How that work out????

Decade, man.

from 2011-2013 the following players have been drafted 6 overall or after

paul george

michael carter william

giannis antetokounmpo

andre drummond

damien lillard

harrison barnes

trey burke

nerlens noel

chandler parson

kemba walker

kawhi leonard

klay thompson

jimmy butler

kenith faried

isaiah thomas

thats 15 players in the last 3 years....combat that with the 15 players drafted in the top 5 the last 3 years

derrick williams

tristan thomas

dion waiters

kyrie irving

anthony davis

thomas robinson

michael kidd-gilchrist

jonas valunciunas

enes kanter

bradley beal

victor oladipo

cody zellar

alex len

otter porter

anthony bennett

well run teams with good management , coaching and a front office that gets good value picks and attract free agents win championships

right now until jeannie manages to get herself on top of operations we are screwed as a team

Last edited:
I'm totally all for building our core thru the 2nd round. We have allure, we picked Van Exel, Marc Gasol, Kelly, we can totally do it.

While we're at it, we only need 6 players on the team and we can foul out two of them each game and still win on the road, by double digits. We've shown its possible.....

I agree. But sometimes u just never know....what if wiggins is a 2 or 3 yr project and say a james young or tyler ennis becomes an immediate impact player who is an all star calibur player from the jump...and they can be had at 8-12...

Do I want wiggins? Absolutely...but who knows....I mean luck/rg3/tanehill/weeden were all considered better than russell wilson...talk about physical tools, benefitting from the tm hes on.....but russell a winner and u can't measure that (good decisions/clubhouse presense/intangibles)....what if ennis is winner? What if jabari parker is more rudy gay than melo or pp....only time will tell...the bottom line.....u just gotta use the pick wisely...character/talent/attitude etc. One reason why I love exum.

[thread="570758"]Quote:[/thread]

Decade, man.

How that work out????

How that work out????

Decade, man.

from 2011-2013 the following players have been drafted 6 overall or after

paul george
michael carter william
giannis antetokounmpo
andre drummond
damien lillard
harrison barnes
trey burke
nerlens noel
chandler parson
kemba walker
kawhi leonard
klay thompson
jimmy butler
kenith faried
isaiah thomas

thats 15 players in the last 3 years....combat that with the 15 players drafted in the top 5 the last 3 years

derrick williams
tristan thomas
dion waiters
kyrie irving
anthony davis
thomas robinson
michael kidd-gilchrist
jonas valunciunas
enes kanter
bradley beal
victor oladipo
cody zellar
alex len
otter porter
anthony bennett

well run teams with good management , coaching and a front office that gets good value picks and attract free agents win championships
right now until jeannie manages to get herself on top of operations we are screwed as a team

So, to be clear, you left out

LeBron
Melo
Wade
Bosh
Dwight
LaMarcus
Durant
Love
Russ
Harden
Rose