[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
Based on what I've been seeing from players and management throughout the season and just calling it how I see it, it would seem that the guys on the court have too much heart and the front office has too much pride to tank. Would be nice to have a top pick but unless something drastic happens in the next two weeks it seems out of reach. Still a lot of basketball left and anything can happen but it just is what it is. and with that said...

Last edited:
Only this fanbase/franchise could be in favor of building a team around 48 million dollar 37-38 year olds, a 41 year old PG, and turning a potential top 3 pick into a top 9.

"Good win"

:smh:

people went from overestimating our players to underestimating them

i have been saying all season, we are not even close to being as good at tanking as any of these east coast teams :smh:
You are a very reasonable guy with good observation skills and you deserve props for your analysis

these players are trash

The difference is that teams like the sixers and cavs are trying to lose and doing everything they can to achieve that. The Lakers are trying to do everything to win.

If those teams actually played to win the Lakers would probably lose against them.

The only bright spot is that the Laker schedule will get harder from now on and a lot of those tanking teams will play against each other and one of them will have to lose.

Lakers still have a chance at a top 5 pick

23 ast from the PG position alone :pimp:

Hopefully we can get healthy and got the rotations back to see which pieces fit moving forward

Only this fanbase/franchise could be in favor of building a team around 48 million dollar 37-38 year olds, a 41 year old PG, and turning a potential top 3 pick into a top 9.

"Good win"

:smh:

You must be an amazing story teller for your kids. :lol:

The exaggerations are amazing.

people went from overestimating our players to underestimating them

i have been saying all season, we are not even close to being as good at tanking as any of these east coast teams 
mean.gif
You are a very reasonable guy with good observation skills and you deserve props for your analysis
these players are trash

The difference is that teams like the sixers and cavs are trying to lose and doing everything they can to achieve that. The Lakers are trying to do everything to win.

If those teams actually played to win the Lakers would probably lose against them.

The only bright spot is that the Laker schedule will get harder from now on and a lot of those tanking teams will play against each other and one of them will have to lose.

Lakers still have a chance at a top 5 pick
players on the other teams are playing hard to win just like we are

the difference is coaching

Will be a joy to troll the **** out of the 2016 Laker thread when we're still languished in mediocrity and fans are complaining over going 39-43 on the season, not understanding why 2010 seems so long ago.

"What went wrong?????"

"Wish we could have drafted ___"

Anyone got a team for Jordan Hill, I thought Nuggets, but Darrell Arthur has a player option for next year. :smh:

Maybe Minnesota (wanted Hill in 2012 offered him $2.5mil more a year than we did) Dante Cunningham & Ronny Turiaf, Denver's 2015 2nd for Jordan Hill?

Last edited:
23 ast from the PG position alone :pimp:

Hopefully we can get healthy and got the rotations back to see which pieces fit moving forward

Hopefully they can get healthy so the Lakers can miss the playoffs by 3 games instead of 10 and get the 14th pick instead of the 5th.

Will be a joy to troll the **** out of the 2016 Laker thread when we're still languished in mediocrity and fans are complaining over going 39-43 on the season, not understanding why 2010 seems so long ago.

"What went wrong?????"

"Wish we could have drafted ___"

they will be mediocre but WITH CLASS and PRIDE

which is better than winning championships

Based on what I've been seeing from players and management throughout the season and just calling it how I see it, it would seem that the guys on the court have too much heart and the front office has too much pride to tank. Would be nice to have a top pick but unless something drastic happens in the next two weeks it seems out of reach. Still a lot of basketball left and anything can happen but it just is what it is. and with that said...
you do know that just because you have the worst record in the leagues doesnt give you the first pick.  the key is just being bottom 5 or 6th team in league which is our destiny regardless of whether we trade or not.

historically the team with worst record only got the 1st pick a few times.

Last edited:
how is 5-6th our destiny when we are 8th now with all our players coming back soon

looks like im going to be right with my 12th pick prediction

Anyone got a team for Jordan Hill, I thought Nuggets, but Darrell Arthur has a player option for next year. :smh:

Minnesota? How banged up is Pekovic?

Yeah that's what I thought when I remembered they offered him more

Dante Cunningham & Ronny Turiaf, Denver's 2015 2nd for Jordan Hill

Full List so far:

Chris Kaman to the Pelicans for Jason Smith (out for the season) 2016 Sacramento 2nd Round Pick
Pau Gasol to the Suns for Emeka Okafor, 2014 Pacers Pick (if adding Wes or Xavier gets us a better pick, add them), if you can't get a better first add in 2014 2nd Round Pick
Steve Blake to the Wizards for Eric Maynor, Al Harrington & the Pelicans 2014 2nd Round Pick
Jordan Hill to Minnesota for Dante Cunningham, Ronny Turiaf & Denver's 2015 2nd Round Pick.

Last edited:
We need a Chicago Bulls, D Rose miracle come up to make up for these morons.

Our fate in the hands of Adam Silver. :smh:

The way most people feel about Kobe's extension is the same way I felt when they gave kwame an extension out of the blue. That was also during a point in time when Mitch gawd was still earning his stripes. I believe he was affectionately known as "cupcake".

That move, a head scratcher at the time, ended up being the product of great foresight and perfect timing. I trust the front office and I know they have something great planned no matter how this season ends up.

how is 5-6th our destiny when we are 8th now with all our players coming back soon

looks like im going to be right with my 12th pick prediction

I think the Lakers will have a tougher schedule than most of the tanking teams except for Utah the rest of the way. There is still a chance.

Back
Top Bottom