[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
You are missing something about the Pacers... O'Neal, Artest played different positions than Miller. They were 3 starters.

Stephen Jackson was only around for Miller's last year, and he only started because Miller missed the first month, and he got a much more lenient suspension than Ron Artest. Had Ron Artest not went nuts, he would have been a BACKUP. On the other hand, Stephen Jackson could play both positions, which meant he could pick up minutes when Reggie sat or when Ron Ron sat.

Lance ain't playing no 3. Lance Stephenson isn't going to start on this team CP next year or the year after.

He won't get anywhere near the 35 minutes he got this year. Unless you are moving Kobe to the 3. But then if we get a top 3 pick, and Embiid was gone, we have to pretty much pass on Jabari or Wiggins for Smart because you won't be able to develop those 2 correctly for a couple years.

Even then Lance Stephenson & Kevin Love will never win a title. Ever.

Last edited:
if we get lance and put him through the kobe school of basketball wisdom like nick young he might turn out to be a steal

kind of weird how all these teammates talk about how much kobe has taught them over the years but none of our pgs says anything about nash helping them out 
nerd.gif

I think essential has a very realistic perspective, it's all based on our current situation. If the lakers were that interested in acquiring a top fa this summer they would have never given kobe that kinda cash that quickly. Lance might be the 3rd best player in this free agent class, he's gonna get paid. Not to mention if he has a great postseason, forget about it. Getting him with our current situation is as realistic as getting lebron

Last edited:
Jennifer Lawrence is just.... average to me, besides her body which I already said is nice. I don't like round faces, which she has, and I don't particularly think she's all that great of an actress (and I think after I learned about the Oscar lobbying done for her it turned me off further).

I realize those are very superficial issues, but we're discussing women's visual appeal primarily here.

Im with you dude. Jlaw has a face that makes her look like she stinks.

Add that to her coked out personality and you have a very ugly person.

Its mind boggling how many dudes on here worship her

Lance + Love won't win a title.

Lance + Love + Top 5 pick certainly has a better chance.

Not taking Lance is the same as saying, "nah, we don't want you Damian Lillard, we have Nash for 2 years still."

Kobe out in 2 years, Lance would be 26, where is the problem?????

Oh and by the way, IF, IFFFFFF anyone thinks Durant could get flipped (or Russ) who becomes a tradeable asset? Old man Kobe? Nope. Love? Nope. Top 5 pick we're developing at 20-21 years old? Nope.

Lance.

Young enough to groom.
Or
Young enough to flip in an upgrade.

Lance isn't restricted like Bledsoe, Hayward, Monroe.
If he wants to be here, and would sign a contract, we should say no, cuz 37 year old Kobe??????

:smh:

Last edited:
its hard to plan which free agents (other than lebron) we should be trying to get before we know where we are drafting 

I just feel like it would be a mismanagement of whatever flexibility and assets are left that the Lakers can control.

I'd rather parlay the cap space into more draft picks.

Wait let me not jump to conclusions....is anybody actually saying they wouldn't want lance or are they just saying it seems far fetched based on reality

Can we do a revision of the pick poll after the deadline? Because if we have all of our PGs come February 21st, we will be the 10th or 11th pick :smh:

Last edited:
I just feel like it would be a mismanagement of whatever flexibility and assets are left that the Lakers can control.

I'd rather parlay the cap space into more draft picks.

You assume other GM's wish to grant us Draft Picks just to take their bad contracts.

Lance is 24, adding 1-2 late firsts that are 19-20 is much of a difference, considering the salaries we'd have to absorb????

Unless you move Kobe to the 3, and pass on Jabari & Wiggins.. Regardless of where you pick.. It interferes a whole hell of a lot.

I understand that, who's to say that the Lakers land in position to draft one of those two? If you have let's say Emiid, how much of an interference is it really? However I do understand your stance

We see teams couple pick(s) with players they don't want every year/want to move to free themselves up.

*Looks at Wes Johnson and Jordan Hill*

If I was entering my prime, playing on a team that will be one of the best in the conference for the foreseeable future and about to earn my first big payday I think I would jump at the chance to play far below my market value and be a backup for the next two years on a team that is reloading in a stacked conference.

Get it done mitch

Back
Top Bottom