[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
isn't this Blake's last season with the Lakers? Why are they even letting this dude audition for other teams when he has played horrible when the lakers need him? :smh:

I'd really like to know, from the people who get so furious after a win that is bound to happen, if you guys were running the Lakers right now, what would you guys do, specifically this season. 

clean house

trade anybody you can for second rounders or cash

the lakers are not winning because they are unified as a team and have some sense of pride. they are winning because their last two opponents suck more than them

we are basically a nbdl showcase game every night.

teams like the sixers, cavs, kings, celtics..... they seem to get that.

i can never get hyped over the lakers beating garbage teams. we arent the kings franchise where we absolutely do not know what it feels like to be successful. Especially this season where we have a team full of players who are one year rentals who will not be back next year. most of these guys are playing for contracts elsewhere. not for the team because they now what the plan is. not for the franchise. but for themselves.

nothing wrong with that.

just like there is nothing wrong with wanting them to lose in a **** hole of a season for a better position in the draft.

i doubt we will ever see such an *** backwards season like this ever again.

well that is unless we continue to beat up on lottery teams and get stuck in the middle of bad team and god awful team...

GSW, Portland, Indiana, Miami, Houston, even the Spurs recently were 7th and 8th seeds for a few years, but GSW, Portland, Indiana, Miami, Houston, even the Spurs had a core of stars and/or young players that the franchises could rely on for years to come. The 7th/8th seed was a part of the process in those cases. The Lakers don't have any of that.

Looking at the past is moot too, because the Lakers have never dug themselves this big of a hole before. Jerry West and Mitch were able to recover from mediocre seasons, but they had a lot more to work with.

Now Mitch didn't trade a player for a lump of coal. Doesn't mean he's not tanking. He's just not tanking openly. It's not like the roster is in a good situation as is :lol:

Last edited:
Just throwing it out there..

Lakers should look to extend Ryan Kelly like they did Robert Sacre.

He's $1.016mil Qualifying offer. I think there may be a couple teams that may go after him for a little over double that price. And you don't want to be paying Ryan Kelly $2.5mil when you trying to build.

We won't have a deep rotation next year. That much is guaranteed, those take a few years to develop.

But if you build front of the rotation, and stock the back of the rotation at the same time, you can get the guys you want at the front by saving on cheap guys at the back.

I.e. If we can pull off two 2nd Rounders through deadline deals, and we settle on the Suns giving us the Pacers' 30th pick. Along with Marshall, Sacre, Kelly, and those 3 picks.. Roster spots 7-12 cost you $5mil maximum. Leaves you to use all of your money to build the front of the rotation, and you slowly rebuild the middle of the rotation over the next couple of years.

Last edited:
Next poll should be how we would like to see drafted. Embiid, Parker, Wiggins, etc

Steve Nash trade value existent again? :lol:

Next poll should be how we would like to see drafted. Embiid, Parker, Wiggins, etc

Steve Nash trade value existent again? :lol:

That all depends. We could go 4th and maybe get Wiggins, or Parker, or Embiid. All depends on who drafts before us. If we get #1, and Embiid is in the draft, you have to take him. Getting a top notch center for that price can't pass it up.

As for Nash's trade value, there is VERY LITTLE. But you'd have to take back a long term deal of a crappy player, and what you included had to be lopsided in the other teams favor. At that point it'd be pointless.

You just have to hope he retires.

Last edited:
I was just getting ready to talk about kellz. Averaging close to 13 and 5 in the last 11 games. He still hasn't quite gotten into his groove as a long range shooter but it will come. Can't wait for him to go head up with Dirk in April. He's gonna get sonned but it'll make him a better player

Idk if I want the lakers too win tomorrow. I would love them to beat chicago and more cause I just lost on buzzer beater against them on 2k. Wes had 39 points for me lol

Back
Top Bottom