[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
Eh, kind of hard to see with the money owed to D'Antoni (and Mike Brown).

Maybe if things go nuclear bad though. :pimp:

I thought lakers dont owe money to mike brown once cleveland hired him?
The Lakers owe Brown approximately $7 million for the remaining two years on his contract with the team, but the Cleveland hiring will offset some of that. According to a team source, the Lakers expect "at most" half of what they owe Brown to be offset and that the $3-4 million that it would amount to would be a "grain of sand on the beach" when it comes to impacting the Lakers' finances. The Lakers will not know the final amount they will save on the Brown hiring until his new contract with the Cavs is finalized and approved by the league, which could take "up to a month," according to the source.
Link

those highlights 
pimp.gif

its amazing how fluid our offence is looking now that we dont have that idiot dwight howard clogging the passing lanes

I'm probably going to order the Hollywood Nights jersey sometime this week. How do they fit to anyone that has purchased one. Haven't bought a jersey in years and the last one was way too long. I'm 6'1".

CP, the more I think about it, the more I disagree with you on something. I know I pretty much never disagree with you on anything, but... I think the Heat at least make it to the Finals this year.

I know you've pointed out to people plenty of times about how no team has made it to 4 straight Finals in like a bajillion years, but the field was really even in the 80's, and the 90's Bulls lost Michael, and the 00's Lakers had internal strife. The Heat have no internal strife that we know of, they haven't lost any of their major pieces, and while the field in the West is definitely a dice roll, I only see Indy having a legitimate chance of beating them in 7 in the East.

Last edited:
Noted.

It will be interesting to see develop. My major stance will be, Wade's legs after yet another 100 games. Ray Allen too. Battier, Haslem etc. Ton of mileage.

Bron has played more games, playoffs, minutes, Olympics, etc the last 4 year's than almost anybody, ever.

If those other guys wear down even a smidge, and Bron has to score, pass, rebound, and defend Rose, Melo, George etc, they will run out of gas.

Imo....

This will be a big "4 years" test. See if history holds up, or gets broken.

Even if they do reach Finals, would they then 87 Celtic or 89 Laker it? We'll see.

Will be putting up the most important poll we've been waiting for along with an announcement shortly around lunch time.

Stay tuned.

true story..I dont even care how crappy our team is right now, I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE OUR GUYS ON THE COURT AGAIN. Win or lose, those are my guys, we ride together, we die together, bad bo....errrr...Lakers 4 Life.

Alright guys, that time of the year. Time to finally vote on how many wins you think this team will have this upcoming season.

[COLOR=#RED]What i would like to do is not only record the votes for the wins, but also collect your specific SEASON RECORD PREDICTION.[/COLOR]

So please Tag me ( licensed to ball licensed to ball ) in a post and clearly state what your final Lakers season record prediction is.
(Examples: 20-62... 42-40...72-10...)

Tagging me will make it easier for me to see each prediction amongst all the mayhem that will ensue starting tomorrow nights game.
Will make it easier for me to see your prediction in between all of the game talk.

So if you dont know how to tag or just dont want to, if you could at least make your prediction in RED TEXT or larger/bold... it would be greatly appreciated.

I will collect every single record prediction properly posted and put them into the original post.
Since Kobe's debut is still IFFY, I will allow you to change your prediction ONLY ONCE and it has to be before the first week of the season is over.

If you are interested in winning a prize for being the most accurate prediction, then take it serious and give me a realistic prediction.
If you want to just be a jokester and be the first funny guy to say 5-77 or 82-0 then you can go ahead and do that too :lol: ...but it would be pretty fun to monitor over the season if you made a real prediction.

So there you go. Let the contest begin.

I dont know what the prize will be, i dont know how valuable it will be, i dont even know if youll care for it, but ill think of something... im not rich so cut me some slack... ill try to make it as interesting as possible with my budget :lol:

I will make my prediction soon but obviously will exclude myself from prize eligibility unless some other generous human being wants to give me one for being correct. :tongue:

You have 1 week to make your prediction.

Go.

Last edited:
45-37 last year?

Slightly worse this year; around (but not below) 500, like 42-40, 41-41, 43-39, which would still have me in your '40-45' selection.

@LiCeNseD To BaLL

Last edited:
Or tomorrow

Or 56

This contest is gonna piss me off, I can already tell.

Wake me in a couple pages.

Last edited:
depends on if we have kobe, and which kobe. He alone can win us a few games.

I say 42-40. It's going to be a tough season, but the west isn't quite as bad as it once was with guys getting older.

Back
Top Bottom