[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
Fug all of this tanking talk, we're getting a big name(s) in free agency this coming summer no doubt. Draft is already deep as hell, not to mention lets say we do tank. Who's to say we're getting that #1 draft pick for Wiggins?

I dont know, maybe it's just my mentality but I'd certainly hope we dont tank a season because as a team we dont have confidence that we can be winners. Straight embarassing :smh:

If that big name is Melo I'm going to punch a hole in my wall.

No room for Shannon in this team.

I'd rather watch XHenry play and develop this year.
we have always had a short bench and a lack of good role players, and now we are complaining that we have too many?

its a long season and we are not pushing to win a championship, everyone will get a chance to develop 

Henry should be the back-up 3. Unless you are fine with Henry "developing at 10-15 minutes a game at the 2" then fine. If you want him to get 20+ minutes in a defined role, he should be at the 3. And in that case, it wouldn't matter because Shannon is the 2, Henry at the 3.

Last edited:
LMAO....brown would not not necessarily cut into X's mins...*** about farmar/brown/X(small forward)/wes/hill...the only person/ppl who would be really directly affected would be meeks/blake.

No room for Shannon in this team.

I'd rather watch XHenry play and develop this year.
we have always had a short bench and a lack of good role players, and now we are complaining that we have too many?

its a long season and we are not pushing to win a championship, everyone will get a chance to develop 

First part precisely. The bench looks pretty damn good.

Second part, I think they are pushing for a title, which whether that is a good or bad thing about ownership.. I'm not sure. It's at least reassuring that even in a "lost" year they are doing everything they can.

Would take Shannon over Meeks. Meeks has not been good in the preseason at all.
I guess I'm fine with this, but I have a hard time seeing the Lakers waiving Meeks' guaranteed money. Maybe they can find a trade partner for him though.

Think about this. Look at all of the young guys who are cheap... Maybe. JUST Maybe. The Lakers are setting themselves up for something in the middle of the season. While unlikely, not impossible.

Didnt the new cba expand rosters, too? To 15 and 13 dressed players??

So the only personnel move necessary would he elias harris' partially guaranteed deal, wouldn't it?

meeks would just be pushed further down the bench.

LMAO....brown would not not necessarily cut into X's mins...*** about farmar/brown/X(small forward)/wes/hill...the only person/ppl who would be really directly affected would be meeks/blake.

^ Kaman or Shawne will be off the bench so X will be bumped out of rotation

and you do know Blake is D'antoni's 2nd favorite player Steve on the team.

It is rare for us to have a deep bench adding Shannon doesnt really do anything if everyone stays healthy.

and on the bright side i think everyone would rather see a shannon brown dunk than jordie meeks missing open fastbreak layups

^I know what u mean...but I meant to specify wing players..in particular to seperate SGs and SFs. To me, blake is PG depth for nash's nagging injuries. I dunno the infatuation with blake at the 2.

Honestly this move doesn't make any difference on what our season record will end up being.

We're either going to make the playoffs or going to be in the lottery with or without Shannon.

Might as well see a few more dunks since we no longer have eazy E.

This honestly has a lot less affect on our teams outcome you would think.

The thing about about making it to the playoffs is that we'll be mediocre and our draft pick will be in the 16-24 picks. Is this years draft that deep that a 16th pick is worth making it to the playoffs for?

another positive is that brown will be one more reason for dantoni to not play kobe 44 minutes a game

It doesn't matter if we wanna be a mediocre team and get bounced in the 1st round or if we want them to tank with a bottom 5 record.

If Kobe and Pau are out there they are playing to win. D'Antoni is going to try to coach his *** off to keep his job in 2014. These 1-Year players are going to play their *** off to earn a contract in 2014.

I know we have a bad team. I know Kobe's hurt. I know we lost Dwight. I know things aren't looking good.

But I feel like people have this "oh man we can't just be mediocre it's a waist" mentality when most likely we will be mediocre.

You can't honestly believe we're going to win 20 games with Kobe Pau and Nash out there ballin with these young energetic players who are trying their best to show GM's they deserve a roster spot in 2014.

Were not a good team, but that doesn't mean we're not going to be able to grind out wins.

Even Kobe and Pau have something to pay for. Pau's been a scape goat for almost 3 years. Dudes probably tired of all the Dwight talk and wants to shut everyone up. Kobe's probably tired of the lack of faith in his ability to recover (12-25) and also wants to shut everyone up.

Kobe not suiting up game 1 isn't a good case for tanking, it actually means both him and the team want to try to win. He's makin the smart choice which many of us never thought he'd make. We all thought he'd make the emotional choice. But dude is trying to get to 100% so he can come back strong and shock the doubters about him and this team.

I'm not saying I think it'll happen or I think we're going to be great. I'm just saying too many people are overlooking the fact that almost everyone on this team HAS SOMETHING TO FIGHT FOR.

Seriously, think about it. Besides Sacre who has a 2 year contract who else is really going to be comfortable this year just slacking and being content with losing?

That's why I said it's not delusional to see this team miraculously squeek into the playoffs. Is it beneficial for our draft picks and future? OF COURSE NOT. But we have no control over it. These dudes all have a chip on their shoulders and obviously judging by preseason have a **** ton of energy going into the season.

Again, do I think were a good team? Hell no.
But are these young players and motivated Kobe (assuming he comes back healthy) and Pau capable of upsetting a LOTTA dudes this season by grinding out wins?

You'd really be delusional to think not.

Just sayin. Expect a bad team, but be ready for wins that you might not be rooting to see.

I guess I'm fine with this, but I have a hard time seeing the Lakers waiving Meeks' guaranteed money. Maybe they can find a trade partner for him though.

Definitely wouldn't waive him. Would look for a trade where we get a pick back. If we sign Shannon(which would be at the min) it will help the Lakers a lil bit in salary and luxury tax.

another positive is that brown will be one more reason for dantoni to not play kobe 44 minutes a game

That and as good as Blake played offensively, i don't like how he looks playing against real SG's. Hayward was trying to punk him in the post last night. Blake is a PG. Brown has started for us in the past and if Kobe is gonna be out would rather see him against SG's.

I didn't see anyone post about this but they're working on a Kobe extension to remove his cap hold next summer.

From my understanding, if Kobe enters the summer as a free agent, he has a massive cap hold that counts against the Lakers' books until he signs a new deal (with the Lakers or elsewhere). It would hinder the contracts they would be able to offer to other free agents.

If they are trying to avoid this, conventional thinking says they're trying to sign him to a deal smaller than his cap hold. Otherwise, it wouldn't matter if they did it now, other than the security.

D'Antoni coaching his *** off isn't a factor in us winning or losing, I feel. He is who he is.

I agree. I never said it would directly result in Wins.

I'm not "Pro D'Antoni"... I've voiced my displeasure many times.

I just meant he's not gonna let up. He's going to do whatever he can to stay the Lakers head coach in 2014.

It might not matter but regardless everyone has something to prove. That was my point.

I didn't see anyone post about this but they're working on a Kobe extension to remove his cap hold next summer.

From my understanding, if Kobe enters the summer as a free agent, he has a massive cap hold that counts against the Lakers' books until he signs a new deal (with the Lakers or elsewhere). It would hinder the contracts they would be able to offer to other free agents.

If they are trying to avoid this, conventional thinking says they're trying to sign him to a deal smaller than his cap hold. Otherwise, it wouldn't matter if they did it now, other than the security.

Cap friendly or cut him loose.

He better not ask for more.

We better not sign him for more.

Bottom line.

Summer 2014 free agent class isn't even that great IMHO.

If and it's a BIG IF.Lebron opts out to become a free agent I really don't seem him being interested to sign with the Lakers.

Melo is a great player but I just never have been a fan of his game.The guy is a volume shooter who scores a lot, but what else does he do ? He's a average rebounder who does not get a double double.Weak defender, above average passer.He's not even a elite top 5 player and is more in the bottom half of the top 10 current NBA players.

Luol Deng I don't want and he's already on the latter part of his career and his stats will continue to drop over the next few season.

Summer 2015 is where the Lakers need to go after Kevin Love and Rajon Rondo to build the future of this team around.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom