[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
Lets be real...what harm is it if hes taking elias harris' roster spot...he can get his burn with the D fenders...

breezy just adds more depth at that 2 guard spot and its clear that pringles is gonna play as much small ball as possible...so why not. And I thought the whole brown/gasols girl thing was refuted...if not...hey, ricky vaughn and roger dorn won together....

You guys are never happy about anything.

If so many of you are so happy about "tanking"... then why the hell would you be mad about signing Shannon?

He isn't anyone thats going to mess up the "riggin for wiggins."

Do you want to contend or do you want to tank?
I cant figure you guys out sometimes.

If you want to contend he's mediocre, he wont help much and he wont hurt much. He'll be cheap, He'll jack up a few shots and be on the bench.
If you want to tank then he fits right in. Another useless wing player who like i said will jack up ugly shots and sit on the bench.

Don't see how this hurts either scenario.

Last edited:
You guys are never happy about anything.

If so many of you are so happy about "tanking"... then why the hell would you be mad about signing Shannon?

He isn't anyone thats going to mess up the "riggin for wiggins."

Do you want to contend or do you want to tank?
I cant figure you guys out sometimes.

If you want to contend he's mediocre, he wont help much and he wont hurt much. He'll be cheap, He'll jack up a few shots and be on the bench.
If you want to tank then he fits right in. Another useless wing player who like i said will jack up ugly shots and sit on the bench.

Don't see how this hurts either scenario.
lakers are not tanking while kobe frijole bryant is on the team. 73-9. you heard it here first
smokin.gif

I dont want to 'tank'.

but im just sayin.
So many people obviously do.

P and CP are the head of the tank committee.
Shannon Brown helps that cause.

So i thought id see more ":pimp:" rather than ":rolleyes"

Oh, I don't support Shannon blocking the progress of any of the young ones. He should be subbing in for them and eating up the garbage time.

Bwsides X..who r these "young ones" yall speak of?

Blake-33...farmar-26,turning 27..meeks-27...swaggy-28..wes-26...nash-39..kobe-35....all of which are off the books. ..no time to develop players..let alone players that are in their primes or aging and on yr deals...accept the 46 wins.

Yeah I mean who are we trying to develop?

X, Harris, Farmar, Hill look like 4 players we can really groom to stay with us and be useful pieces past 2014.

Shannon wouldn't stop any of their growth.
We all know he wouldn't stop Swaggy from getting his shots up, no one can.

Everyone else is expendable in my book.

We might as well see some irrelevant dunks like Johnny said. A little more entertainment while we get blown out some nights. :lol:

Last edited:
Shannon Brown.. SBREEZY... Meeks is now on the bench further than DJ Mbenga, maybe even more so.

Again for the love of Pete.. Get rid of Steve Blake

Bench of : Farmar, Brown, Meeks, Henry, Johnson, Hill, Williams, Kaman, Sacre... Yes please. #BenchMobbin

Last edited:
So they would waive Harris to get brown right?

I mean Henry balled out, he deserves a spot.

Who they waiving?

Shannon Brown.. SBREEZY... Meeks is now on the bench further than DJ Mbenga, maybe even more so.

Again for the love of Pete.. Get rid of Steve Blake

Bench of : Farmar, Brown, Meeks, Henry, Johnson, Hill, Williams, Kaman, Sacre... Yes please. #BenchMobbin
indifferent.gif
 why would we get rid of our best player?

Not sure who the Lakers are trying to develop besides Xavier, but his game looks pretty much set.

Breezy back in the dunk contest :pimp: :lol:

So they would waive Harris to get brown right?

I mean Henry balled out, he deserves a spot.

Who they waiving?

Edit: Forgot how many we were down to. Landry being cut put us at 15. You'd have to waive 3, or 2 if you get creative with the roster size.

PG - Nash, Farmar, Blake
SG - Kobe, Meeks
SF - Young, Henry, Wes Johnson, Harris
PF - Gasol, Hill, Williams, Kelly
C - Kaman, Sacre

That is 15. Roster size limit is 13. There are exceptions to this though

Elias Harris would obviously be first.

Ryan Kelly, Jodie Meeks, Wes Johnson will probably be the likely choice. My pick is Kelly. But could definitely see Jodie. All 3 will be playing in extremely crowded positions.. Kelly will likely never play. Meeks trying to play with Kobe, Brown and Farmar/Blake sliding into the 2 makes him almost never playing. Hell even Nick Young & Xavier play the 2. If Kobe slides into the 3 for some minutes with Nick Young, X, Kobe & Shawne being able to play the 3. Wes would never play.

Wes has most room to grow out of the 3 (Despite being god awful in pre-season). BUT with Kobe missing some games, and better to be safe than sorry, maybe Jodie is the right one to keep?

If you kept Meeks, Your final roster would be
PG - Nash, Farmar, Blake
SG - Kobe, Brown, Meeks
SF - Young, Henry
PF - Gasol, Hill, Williams
C - Kaman, Sacre

For christ sake how does it take a year where we have nothing to get a solid bench..

Last edited:
All these players on one year contracts and you guys talking about developing.

Id rather be entertained this season and tank than winning games by a margin of 2-4 points and get knocked out of the playoffs in the first round.

There's no room for developing at all if this team makes it to the playoffs.

All these players on one year contracts and you guys talking about developing.

Id rather be entertained this season and tank than winning games by a margin of 2-4 points and get knocked out of the playoffs in the first round.

There's no room for developing at all if this team makes it to the playoffs.
unless every 2-3 point win is a kobe game winner, in that case ill allow it

its not so much developing as it is evaluating. like last year people were excited that we got meeks, but over the year we found out that he's a bum. we have a few potential solid roll players on this team so this year should be used to see if guys like X, nick young ect.. have what it takes to be a part of the championship team we are building

Last edited:
Fug all of this tanking talk, we're getting a big name(s) in free agency this coming summer no doubt. Draft is already deep as hell, not to mention lets say we do tank. Who's to say we're getting that #1 draft pick for Wiggins?

I dont know, maybe it's just my mentality but I'd certainly hope we dont tank a season because as a team we dont have confidence that we can be winners. Straight embarassing :smh:

I've resigned to the fact LeBron likely isn't coming and no one else that could potentially hit the free agency market is worth (over)paying.

Cap flexibility and young players FTW!

this is freekin hilarious. Shannon brown is trending nationally and some idiot just compared him to smush parker on twitter. Im at a loss.

The over reaction is real.
Sheesh.

Anywhoo, any of my Laker Fam going to staples for the Kanye concert too? I'm about to head to LA soon to spend the day looking around and eatin good food before the show. :pimp:

Any recommendations for great things to do or eat would be appreciated. :pimp:

I'm headin' out to LA Live around 2 or 3 and going to check out that UCLA/Oregon game before we head into Staples

Should be a great day, especially if the Bruins can pull out the W

Back
Top Bottom