[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
Well see what happens. U know pringles teams...live by the jumper...die by it. Thats why kobe and pau are the stabilizers and the only low block back2thebasket players. Well see how pick n rolls....pick n pops...pick n flares....slip screens and swinging the ball around minus vino works. If they start 0-3 vs flop,gs and sa...watch for vino to ramp the recovery

Kobe's extension will be somewhere between KG's 3yr $36 Mil and Shaq's 5 yr. $125mil extension ( w/Heat )

:lol:

If im not mistaken, the cba would make that kind of extension out of the question, no?

Would an extension signed during the season go against the cap or not like a bird exception? Or are bird rights out the window bc he hadnt hit free agency yet?

If it doesnt go against the cap, the tm is on the hook financially but still has full cap space after this yr minus a few options(young,etc)+nash...no?

If im not mistaken, the cba would make that kind of extension out of the question, no?

Would an extension signed during the season go against the cap or not like a bird exception? Or are bird rights out the window bc he hadnt hit free agency yet?

If it doesnt go against the cap, the tm is on the hook financially but still has full cap space after this yr minus a few options(young,etc)+nash...no?

I guess u can, including FAs and your own FAs and extended players..luxary/repeater taxes FTL, however. But a 5/125 deal, or the shaq like 3/88 or whatever is over the current max yearly even for a player with 10+yrs of league tenure.

2/22 sounds fair. Thru 2015-2016. Thru age 37 season when hes only averaging 23/5/5. Hopefully a 6th chip to boot somewhere in there.

If Buss and Co. give Kobe an extension before he even puts on warm ups, the Lakers deserve to become irrelevant.

I want to put an end to any speculation that we would allow Kobe to become a free agent. That's not going to happen. Kobe is a top priority for us. He's a Laker legend and always will be. I don't think we're done winning championships with him yet.

-- Jim Buss

:pimp:

Max extension :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

The over reaction is real.
Sheesh.

Anywhoo, any of my Laker Fam going to staples for the Kanye concert too? I'm about to head to LA soon to spend the day looking around and eatin good food before the show. :pimp:

Any recommendations for great things to do or eat would be appreciated. :pimp:

Last edited:
Rumor for right now but...

@stevekylernba

All three expected to be waived by the Wizards -- word is Shannon Brown headed back to the Lakers.
6:21am - 26 Oct 13

shannon was good when all he did was catch and shoot and fill the lanes on a fast break. would be nice if he returns and doesn't try to do too much

Man **** having Shannon AND Nick Young coming off the bench. Offense will look like **** with those 2 on the floor together.

Breezy was a pretty damn good player during those championship years..when you're the 2nd person to come off the bench behind Odom on Phil Jacksons team, you know how to ball. I'd love to see him back in purple and gold

Breezy was a pretty damn good player during those championship years..when you're the 2nd person to come off the bench behind Odom on Phil Jacksons team, you know how to ball. I'd love to see him back in purple and gold
he also knows dantoni's offence and how to play with steve nash

Back
Top Bottom