[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
Just a couple of thoughts regarding the clippers banner cover up:
1. Doesn't staples already sport the clippers colors as the default arena colors? I've never been, but when they show the aerial views, staples it's always lit up in blue and red.
2. Yes, it looks ridiculously pretty, but at the same time they have the right to that request as co-tenants.
3. Gasol should mess with CP3 by rocking his championship rings to the games covered up with nationalistic pictures of Spain or his family (or to be ridiculously spiteful, pics of CP3). Or the Lakers that are still there from the last championship team (Kobe, Gasol, and Farmar) should do something similar with their rings to mess with doc. Yes it's petty, corny, but just my odd sense of humor.

im 99% sure the STAPLES logo is red because the company color is red...as for the blue the lights are more of like a purpleish blue not really royal blue

The lights change all the time. I've seen them green as well

half of them are there to be different so they can pretend they know a lot about bball and look at their friends and chuckle, "oh you still root for the Lakers?"
Exactly. I've never met a Clipper fan in real life that has actually been a Clipper fan longer than 5 minutes. They're just fans to be able to say "Lakers? We off that."

Clippers are the new pink.

my company has clippers season tickets pretty close to the floor, (i think i dropped a story on here stating that the clippers, specifically eric gordon, found out he got traded while visiting my office :lol: )

i've gone to a few games sporting my kobe jersey and rooting for the other team. specifically when k-love dropped the game winner on them, it was glorious.

I actually prefer going to Clippers game...

none of those fake tough guys who want to fight any and every person wearing an opposing team jersey :x

none of those fake tough guys who want to fight any and every person wearing an opposing team jersey :x

Never have seen this issue even during the finals against BOS. Friendly smack talk but nothing like going to a Dodgers game. I got threatened once because I came to a game in a black T-shirt and wasn't rocking any team gear. :smh:

Never have seen this issue even during the finals against BOS. Friendly smack talk but nothing like going to a Dodgers game. I got threatened once because I came to a game in a black T-shirt and wasn't rocking any team gear. :smh:

Really? Celtics fans getting jumped at the road game screenings at Staples :lol:

I NEVER wear any Angels gear when I got to Dodgers stadium :lol:

bunch of knuckle heads out there :lol: :smh:

tumblr_mtujl4cG2u1rgdj4so4_250.jpg

:lol:

yeah Dodger games are way more turnt up for opposing fans
900x900px-LL-10daafa1_el15zo.gif

The crowds at dodger games are something else. Some of the chants directed at John jay on the cardinals from the right field pavilion during game 5 were very ecw in the 90's like. Straight drunken real life trolling

I wanna go to a clipper game with laker stuff on like dude a few posts before did.

Crazy thing about clipper fans though is the ones I know personally that i can say have been fans since day 1 are usually levelheaded and don't think to highly of there long term est when Blake and cp3 came fanbase. The thing is most of "clipper nation" convientely happened to be fans of all the lakers past rivals.

Most of these new clipper fans just so convientely happened to be thunder fans in 2012, mavs fans in 2011, celtics, cavs, and magic fans during 08-10, suns and heat fans during 04-06, kings and blazers fans between 00-02 and the cycle continues. Before they were clipper fans they were fans of whoever the lakers rival was at the time. I always tell dudes like that that their opinion on the lakers is irrelevant because their a fan of many different teams.

^^ RIP |I

Crazy thing about clipper fans though is the ones I know personally that i can say have been fans since day 1 are usually levelheaded and don't think to highly of there long term est when Blake and cp3 came fanbase. The thing is most of "clipper nation" convientely happened to be fans of all the lakers past rivals.

Most of these new clipper fans just so convientely happened to be thunder fans in 2012, mavs fans in 2011, celtics, cavs, and magic fans during 08-10, suns and heat fans during 04-06, kings and blazers fans between 00-02 and the cycle continues. Before they were clipper fans they were fans of whoever the lakers rival was at the time. I always tell dudes like that that their opinion on the lakers is irrelevant because their a fan of many different teams.

The only other team I supported from the late-80's/ all through the 90's was Chicago largely due to my fascination w/ MJ & his footwear. Once he retired I put all my focus on a Clipper team that had dudes like Troy Hudson Derek Anderson Tyrone Nesby Keith Boss Closs Odom (rookie) & Mo Taylor running the show. From there it seemed like they had a chance to be good and improve. I was wrong but still kept the faith. Obviously this was way before the Griffin/Paul/Crawford ERA and Cassell/Mobley/Brand ERA. You're right tho many new Clipper fans only know about Blake Griffin-present not the rough and tough yrs of mediocrity from the personnel to the coaching. :x

Last edited:
^^ RIP |I
The only other team I supported from the late-80's/ all through the 90's was Chicago largely due to my fascination w/ MJ & his footwear. Once he retired I put all my focus on a Clipper team that had dudes like Troy Hudson Derek Anderson Tyrone Nesby Keith Boss Closs Odom (rookie) & Mo Taylor running the show. From there it seemed like they had a chance to be good and improve. I was wrong but still kept the faith. Obviously this was way before the Griffin/Paul/Crawford ERA and Cassell/Mobley/Brand ERA. You're right tho many new Clipper fans only know about Blake Griffin-present not the rough and tough yrs of mediocrity from the personnel to the coaching. :x

See this I can completely respect and I know it must be good seeing them finally have something that can be a good thing. I remember they had a nice thing in the early 2000's before it blew up and in the early 90's before Larry brown left for Indiana. Lmaoooo at Keith closs. I remember him all to well.

Rip bill sharman. I never realized he lived in redondo as well. Small world. I just watched some video on the 1972 lakers a few weeks back. A good watch for sure.

I remember him but I was specifically talking about the 99-00 LAC squad.
Martin actually returned in 04/05 season :lol:

See this I can completely respect and I know it must be good seeing them finally have something that can be a good thing. I remember they had a nice thing in the early 2000's before it blew up and in the early 90's before Larry brown left for Indiana. Lmaoooo at Keith closs. I remember him all to well.

yeah I remember the Manning/Harper/Jackson CLIPS but can't officially say I was a fan at that time. However, I've watched their games before and never rooted against them unless they were playing the MJ Bulls :wow:

Speaking of the mj bulls. I went to a clippers bulls game at the pond during the 96 season when the clippers still played some of their games in Anaheim.

Back
Top Bottom