[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
that vid 
pimp.gif
 kobe has as much talent as anyone but dude is 110% heart. this guy will do what ever he can to get that W

^

it takes away from what they got going on and it just reeks of little brother syndrome to me.

they've played in LA almost 30 years and they finally after all this time have a quality product and a team worth paying to see play yet the Lakers are on their minds.

rather then cover those banners up, they should see them as motivation and as the standard they should try and meet.  instead doc is probably still bitter over 2010 so figures covering the banners is a cute idea.

the lakers are in the clippers heads if their even slightly reluctant to hang their pacific division champs banner, which i personally feel they should hang because different organizations have different expectations and that was a huge accomplishment for their organization.

why give another team extra motivation and incentive to beat you.   sure the clippers may look better on paper but a disrespectful move like that just gives the lakers more incentive to beat them and if they choose to, rub it in when things eventually go back to normal for both franchises.

like i said,  look at my jets giants example from 2011.  

the jets were the hot team in new york,  fresh off of 2 straight afc title appearances, whie the giants, despite having won a super bowl 4 years ago were an afterthought.  they played week 17 with the winner in control of their own playoff destiny, the loser all but eliminated.

that whole week leading up to the game, rex ryan ran his mouth about how the jets were the main team in new york,  that week the jets were the home team and they proceeded to cover the giants 3 super bowl trophies.  they took shot after shot at the giants that whole week leading up to the game.

after that game the giants won out and won the super bowl.   the jets went from 8-5 to 8-8 and missed the playoffs in dissapointing fashion and were in the media for all the wrong reasons.  that one move, covering the trophies to take a shot at their crosstown rivals they share a building with blew up in their face completely. 

like i said, when things go back to reality for both organizations, this only makes the clippers look like a foolish insecure organization who can't shake the little brother role even though they have something decent to show for once. 

with all that being said, pressure is on us to get back to the top where we belong. we're not going to run LA again because we're the lakers and they're the clippers and thats just how things are. we have to make the right moves like we always have starting with next season's FA signings and evaluating which players we need to keep from this year

with all that being said, pressure is on us to get back to the top where we belong. we're not going to run LA again because we're the lakers and they're the clippers and thats just how things are. we have to make the right moves like we always have starting with next season's FA signings and evaluating which players we need to keep from this year
of course it's not that easy as them being the lakers and the clippers being the clippers.

however my take is this.  even consistently crappy franchises have their rare periods of success.  however they usually minimize their window due to bad decisions and making mistakes so there not able to make that success sustain,  one the other hand even the greatest franchises have dark periods, but their usually able to minimize those down years and get back to contention in a reasonable timeframe.

the lakers flying under the radar for the first time in a while is a good thing imo.     last season was the season from hell in so many ways, injuries, firing coaches,  dwight not being fully on board with the program, lack of team chemistry.  it was just a trainwreck of a season from start to finish.

having a full training camp with d'antoni, having guys getting a full offseason for once rather then playing into late may/june for once will do them a ton of good.   by no means will this team be a top elite team but i'm optimistic they'll be a pleasant surprise in a season which is expected to be a down year and transition year for them.  

What the hell did I just hear on ATH!? Harden, Montae, better than Kobe!? Wade surpassed Kobe years ago!? :stoneface:

i think its more that they know how to work the public. they can literally say anything kobe related and have it make headlines

I think Nash is done. Couldn't stay healthy last year, cant stay healthy this year where supposedly coming into camp he was 100% healthy. Even Pau has expressed his concerns saying that Nash has been unable to compete in practice. I think he's at that age where he just cant recovery nor does his body respond to treatment. Time for him to announce his retirement and go on that victory tour a la' Mariano Rivera. Gives the Lakers even more cap space next year too. Farmar is our best PG right now.

I just think his days as a starter may be winding down, if not done...I suggested awhile back he should be reduced to the jason kidd(nyk) role..12-18 mins per night, even less or none on back2backs..

after hearing all the hoopla about entering camp 100%...u have to preserve him....better for him anyways...less matchups against westbrook/parker/irving/cp3/dwill/drose/lillard/curry...etc....etc.

Not ashamed at all to say it. Real tears will be shed whenever he decides to hang it up. Watched this guy through his entire career, ups and the downs.

That vid was :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin

helluva vid. got chills watching it. I'll def shed tears. dude is my hero. i've used his game as a metaphor for life in many ways. as far as just doing what you must to be successful, and jumping over the many obstacles that may come and focusing on whats truly important. he's the best I've ever seen. was too young to remember much from mj, and lebron, as good as he is, he's brash. savage. brute. kobe was silky. smooth. with ice water in those veins.

helluva vid. got chills watching it. I'll def shed tears. dude is my hero. i've used his game as a metaphor for life in many ways. as far as just doing what you must to be successful, and jumping over the many obstacles that may come and focusing on whats truly important. he's the best I've ever seen. was too young to remember much from mj, and lebron, as good as he is, he's brash. savage. brute. kobe was silky. smooth. with ice water in those veins.
X100000000000000000000000000 For me. I feel the same brethren

Tears will be shed..

I'm at the clippers game and these fans are salty.

View media item 627828

:lol:

I've said it before, but going to a Clipper game is just the worst sports experience you can have.

Something about the quality of the fans... The knock on Laker fans is they're disinterested, but the Clipper crowd almost seems like they don't know what a basketball actually looks like. It's almost like half of them are there to be different so they can pretend they know a lot about bball and look at their friends and chuckle, "oh you still root for the Lakers?"

It's just :x

No offense to some of the Clipper fans if they see this. At least you guys can name the roster.

Last edited:

I've said it before, but going to a Clipper game is just the worst sports experience you can have.

Something about the quality of the fans... The knock on Laker fans is they're disinterested, but the Clipper crowd almost seems like they don't know what a basketball actually looks like. It's almost like half of them are there to be different so they can pretend they know a lot about bball and look at their friends and chuckle, "oh you still root for the Lakers?"

No offense to some of the Clipper fans if they see this. At least you guys can name the roster.

During the playoffs I went to see Memphis beat the clippers at staples...I was wearing full kobe gear cheering on the grizzlies from behind the clippers bench. Fans wanted to fight me

During the playoffs I went to see Memphis beat the clippers at staples...I was wearing full kobe gear cheering on the grizzlies from behind the clippers bench. Fans wanted to fight me

:lol: :pimp:

Just a couple of thoughts regarding the clippers banner cover up:
1. Doesn't staples already sport the clippers colors as the default arena colors? I've never been, but when they show the aerial views, staples it's always lit up in blue and red.
2. Yes, it looks ridiculously pretty, but at the same time they have the right to that request as co-tenants.
3. Gasol should mess with CP3 by rocking his championship rings to the games covered up with nationalistic pictures of Spain or his family (or to be ridiculously spiteful, pics of CP3). Or the Lakers that are still there from the last championship team (Kobe, Gasol, and Farmar) should do something similar with their rings to mess with doc. Yes it's petty, corny, but just my odd sense of humor.

im 99% sure the STAPLES logo is red because the company color is red...as for the blue the lights are more of like a purpleish blue not really royal blue

Back
Top Bottom