[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
Went to to the game tonight. Yeah its preseason but who turns down free tickets.

The team looked decent to me. I'm optimistic about this team for whatever reason.

Regarding the clipper banners going over the laker banners. This is why teams shouldn't share arenas to begin with. It looks petty on the clippers part no matter how you cut it though. Rather then focus on the good thing they finally have, they try to pretend anther teams titles never happened.

Different sport but week 16 of the 2011 NFL season. The jets and giants played with the winner having control of their playoff destiny, the loser being screwed.

Somehow the jets felt covering the giants Super Bowl trophies would be a good idea before that game.

The giants won and won the Super Bowl that year while the jets because a circus.

Long term wise i think covering the laker banners backfires for the clippers terribly.

Went to to the game tonight. Yeah its preseason but who turns down free tickets.

The team looked decent to me. I'm optimistic about this team for whatever reason.

Regarding the clipper banners going over the laker banners. This is why teams shouldn't share arenas to begin with. It looks petty on the clippers part no matter how you cut it though. Rather then focus on the good thing they finally have, they try to pretend anther teams titles never happened.

Different sport but week 16 of the 2011 NFL season. The jets and giants played with the winner having control of their playoff destiny, the loser being screwed.

Somehow the jets felt covering the giants Super Bowl trophies would be a good idea before that game.

The giants won and won the Super Bowl that year while the jets because a circus.

Long term wise i think covering the laker banners backfires for the clippers terribly.

Everyone knows the reasons why the Clippers play at Staples are the following reasons:

-Donald T. Sterling is cheap bastard and would never spend his own billions to build his own arena.
-The people who own & operate Staples Center let them be co tenants because of the revenue and money they bring in.
-Anaheim was an option in the past but when the Kings thought of moving there the arena was not modern enough with enough with luxury suites for a NBA team to play there.
-Originally when Staples Center was planned & built it was really for the LA Kings & Lakers and that why the Clippers have the smallest locker room @ Staples.

When both the Lakers & Clippers have a home game on a Sunday the Clips play at 12:30 and Lakers play at 6:30.That's never going to change and hurts the Clips in terms of arena attendance and TV ratings in November & December when NFL season is going on.

is this really doc's idea?

that **** is disrespectful

disrespectful to nba fans in general

what the hell have the clippers done that entitles them to this?

eff outta here!

Just a couple of thoughts regarding the clippers banner cover up:
1. Doesn't staples already sport the clippers colors as the default arena colors? I've never been, but when they show the aerial views, staples it's always lit up in blue and red.
2. Yes, it looks ridiculously pretty, but at the same time they have the right to that request as co-tenants.
3. Gasol should mess with CP3 by rocking his championship rings to the games covered up with nationalistic pictures of Spain or his family (or to be ridiculously spiteful, pics of CP3). Or the Lakers that are still there from the last championship team (Kobe, Gasol, and Farmar) should do something similar with their rings to mess with doc. Yes it's petty, corny, but just my odd sense of humor.

Just a couple of thoughts regarding the clippers banner cover up:
1. Doesn't staples already sport the clippers colors as the default arena colors? I've never been, but when they show the aerial views, staples it's always lit up in blue and red.
2. Yes, it looks ridiculously pretty, but at the same time they have the right to that request as co-tenants.
3. Gasol should mess with CP3 by rocking his championship rings to the games covered up with nationalistic pictures of Spain or his family (or to be ridiculously spiteful, pics of CP3). Or the Lakers that are still there from the last championship team (Kobe, Gasol, and Farmar) should do something similar with their rings to mess with doc. Yes it's petty, corny, but just my odd sense of humor.

Inside the arena most of the lower level seating the chairs are purple.

Lakers have more courtside seats mainly because the media table used @ Clipper home games is longer and takes up more space.

The Lakers use a different court lighting system.People can tell when watching the Laker & Clipper home games that when the Clips play a home game the court lighting is a lot brighter.

Last edited:
Let the Clippers clip. They do have the right to do what they want during their home games, since they share the building too. I just find it funny that they have banners up of Matt Barnes, JJ Reddick, and Dudley; kinda tells you a lot :lol:

But everyone knows whats behind the Clipper banners. So it's not like people will forget, and for the fans that go to games, they will ALWAYS see the statues of Chick, Magic, West, and Cap. The damn street in front of Staples is called Chick Hearn Ct. :lol:

Just saw that Kobe video from the previous page, gonna miss that guy big time once he's gone :frown:

On a side note, I feel like I'm watching a Batman trailer, can't wait to see the last Chapter :smokin

Happy bday LTB...

Can't wait for the season to start,

Most impressed with this preseason is Xavier. Not afraid to drive to the lane.

Thanks fellas.

Any poll ideas?

I'm gonna save the season record poll for the very last minute when we know for sure if Kobes playing opening night or not.

if its not too much work for you, it would be nice if you added the poll results to the first post each time we close a poll

A few ideas...post chick play by play/color(radio or tv) or combo with stu or MT..sunderland/stu..joel meyer/stu.....spiro dedes/mt...billy mac/stu..ireland/MT....

or..maybe something non bball related..a la the taco poll..drawing a blank tho..lol

Let the Clippers clip. They do have the right to do what they want during their home games, since they share the building too. I just find it funny that they have banners up of Matt Barnes, JJ Reddick, and Dudley; kinda tells you a lot :lol:

But everyone knows whats behind the Clipper banners. So it's not like people will forget, and for the fans that go to games, they will ALWAYS see the statues of Chick, Magic, West, and Cap. The damn street in front of Staples is called Chick Hearn Ct. :lol:

At the end of the day they can cover the banners if they want and we all know what's under them but it just seems so petty to me. Hell even most clipper fans I know feel the same way. Hell the lakers could troll and flood staples with pacific division and western conference champs banners from the years they lost in the finals but it would be dumb.

I dunno, I'm a Mets fan and I've always found it annoying when fans or the team worries about what the Yankees are doing. I rather them try and build their team and provide a quality product then trying to spite the Yankees.

They got the freedom to cover the banners and it make look funny right now but long term it just makes them look like a petty insecure organization imo.

:pimp: at the video. Watching this video reminds me that Kobe has to have one of the best lists of players he's dunked on all time.

This dude has gotten stars like David Robinson, Duncan like 5 times, Yao, Dwight, Dirk, Nash, CP3, Ben Wallace, and countless other players.

Last edited:
a simple yes or no regarding the clippers banner?
guess CPs and Ska's age combined?
top free agent to target next year?

a simple yes or no regarding the clippers banner?
guess CPs and Ska's age combined?
top free agent to target next year?

If your talkin about their pacific division champs banner. Yeah they should put it up. Its an accomplishment for them considering where they once were.

I was thinking this too. It's gonna make Clip fans happy and prideful, but there are casual fans in LA who might be like "who do these guys think they are now?"

I could see it alienating some people around LA - The city they play for - beyond the Laker fans who'll be disgusted at anything they do.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom