[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
i feel like the more we argue about love the more likely he signs with the clippers or something 
laugh.gif

That's the same thing?

Those players (say Vince Carter) get their team to the playoffs. With good team management, injury luck, vet teammates, and then look like this (insert scared as all hell Vince gif)

That's the same as Love playing for an abysmal franchise?

Minnesota wasted KG for a decade too. And they were "good" back then adding talent. Spree, Sam, Wally, etc.
Flipped Ray Allen for Marbury......

25+ years they've sucked, but Love should be blamed for these times?

Ok.

I find great irony in 41% of folks want Nick Young back, but layers of you guys tell me Kevin Love ain't worth the effort. :lol:

Most of the same guys don't want to maximize a top draft pick, just roll with the 13th pick or whatever.

But Swaggy P, cool. :lol: :smh:

I picked X.

Want love.

And want to tank, but you're black and white thinking is hilarious :lol:

We all love love.

But we were just pointing out some criticisms of his game and you came and made him seem like da gawd. :lol:

not all players are drafted by great teams (kobe, bird, magic, ect...) but the reason i value championships so highly when ranking players is because i believe that one of the traits of a great player is that he puts himself in a position to win.

while guys like tmac, vince, iverson can spend the rest of their lives crying about always being on bad teams, its not bad luck. its on them to put themselves in a position to win.

lebron going to miami was the best decision of this career, he saw that the cavs were a mess and going nowhere so he put himself in position to win by signing with miami. same with shaq (although winning was not the only reason for signing with LA), same with KG in demanding a trade to boston, same with kareem coming to LA, same with dwight  nah he just wants to have fun and add to his childsupport payment list

when it comes time to pick where he will sign Love will show us the kind of player he is by the choice he makes

I find great irony in 41% of folks want Nick Young back, but layers of you guys tell me Kevin Love ain't worth the effort.
laugh.gif

Most of the same guys don't want to maximize a top draft pick, just roll with the 13th pick or whatever.

But Swaggy P, cool.
laugh.gif
mean.gif
Again, black and white thinking.

Like, have you ever even been introduced to the concept of 'middle ground'?

Example:

- "Swaggy P, cool. He's having fun! But I wouldn't hang the franchise on him."

- "Kevin Love ain't worth the effort, at least not for a bajillion dollars and the 'franchise guy' label."

To a person NOT stuck in black and white thinking, nothing about that is difficult.

To a black and white thinker:

- "Swaggy P, cool."

- "Kevin Love ain't worth the effort."

- the end, nothing more

Understand ALL of what people are saying, dude.

Last edited:
not all players are drafted by great teams (kobe, bird, magic, ect...) but the reason i value championships so highly when ranking players is because i believe that one of the traits of a great player is that he puts himself in a position to win.

while guys like tmac, vince, iverson can spend the rest of their lives crying about always being on bad teams, its not bad luck. its on them to put themselves in a position to win.

lebron going to miami was the best decision of this career, he saw that the cavs were a mess and going nowhere so he put himself in position to win by signing with miami. same with shaq (although winning was not the only reason for signing with LA), same with KG in demanding a trade to boston, same with kareem coming to LA, same with dwight nah he just wants to have fun and add to his childsupport payment list

when it comes time to pick where he will sign Love will show us the kind of player he is by the choice he makes
View media item 715199

lack of leadership
Legit.

You can't say he has lead a team anywhere significant if he's never been on a team that has done anything significant.

That doesn't mean it is ABSOLUTELY because he has  a lack of leadership; could be other things. But what you can't say is "Dude, remember when he lead"... who, to what?

one of the reasons he cant defend post players is because most of the time he will turn and box the guy out to get rebounds rather than putting his hand up to contest shots
Legit.

Could be the gameplan, but to say it doesn't exist is to admit blindness.
Yep, right there, clear as day: "Lack of leadership is legit."

That's what you guys read, right?

Oh, just because I said "Legit" in my first word means that's all there is?

Black and white thinkers... :smh:  

Black and white my foot.

You can't claim legit, then half *** backtrack by sayin, oh well, it may not ALL be his fault.......

Same as bein a little bit pregnant. Bottom line, you, nor I, nor Bill Simmons knows for a fact how he leads or doesn't lead. Reading body language? :lol:

All you can do is assess the franchise as a whole, which I did, and I don't put horrible GMing on Love for not making the playoffs in the West, while Paul George plays for a tremendous GM in Indiana surrounded by talent and making the playoffs in the East.

But yeah, I'm the black and white thinker here.

I think where people are not getting CP and are just being outlandish is he never says Love is going to win you a title alone.

The Championship model is now at least 2 Superstars and a bunch of knockdown shooters. That's what it is.

He is saying that Kevin Love would be one of sed Superstars.

I'm not sure where other people rate Kevin Love. Is he top 5 to me? No. Is he the best PF in the league? Absolutely.

Has Kevin Love ever led a team to the playoffs? No.

But I want you to go look at the roster that the Wolves have put out there since 2008-09 and just look at the guys on those teams. They are dreadful. He currently plays on a team where their "2nd Star" shoots 34.8%.

Oh, so reading body language is a joke?

Sweet, so now we never get to hear you complain about someone else's body language, right?

This is getting fun... because I absolutely don't forget. 
wink.gif

Last edited:
I find great irony in 41% of folks want Nick Young back, but layers of you guys tell me Kevin Love ain't worth the effort. :lol:

But Swaggy P, cool. :lol: :smh:

Again, black and white thinking.

Like, have you ever even been introduced to the concept of 'middle ground'?

Example:
- "Swaggy P, cool. He's having fun! But I wouldn't hang the franchise on him."
- "Kevin Love ain't worth the effort, at least not for a bajillion dollars and the 'franchise guy' label."

To a person NOT stuck in black and white thinking, nothing about that is difficult.

To a black and white thinker:

- "Swaggy P, cool."
- "Kevin Love ain't worth the effort."
- the end, nothing more

Understand ALL of what people are saying, dude.

ALL?

Oh.

Cuz, I said Love should be THEE Franchise guy, paid with a bajillion dollars? :nerd:

I said that, in here? :nerd:

Are you SURE?

Get k love and russy and you're golden.

Get k love russy and a top 10 pick this year, (if he pans out) you're in great shape for years to come.

I think where people are not getting CP and are just being outlandish is he never says Love is going to win you a title alone.

The Championship model is now at least 2 Superstars and a bunch of knockdown shooters. That's what it is.

I'm not sure where other people rate Kevin Love. Is he top 5 to me? No. Is he the best PF in the league? Absolutely.

But I want you to go look at the roster that the Wolves have put out there since 2008-09 and just look at the guys on those teams. They are dreadful. He currently plays on a team where their "2nd Star" shoots 34.8%.

Oh hey, someone who pays attention.

Let me be in the thread next time you trash someone for being 'playoff challenged', or for walking off the court early, looking depressed on the sidelines, anything pertaining to body language.

laugh.gif

I love when people point out the most insignificant detail of something full of legitimate points of discussion. :lol:

(j/k, I don't really love that at all.)

The podcast apparently had only three main points, two of them strictly from empirical evidence (the posting up to grab a board might not even be a bad thing, considering he's grabbing the rebound), and you want to be critical of people correctly calling out how silly it is? Nope.

Come on, now. Body language? Leadership? Those are the talking points of people who don't, or can't, use actual data to support their argument.

Last edited:

Oh hey, someone who pays attention. agrees w/ me and sees things my way.
Fixed.

People who share a different opinion than you are paying attention, too, guy.

No, LMA wanted out of Portland and can't guard either. We need Tim Duncan's solemn body language and quiet leadership. Who cares that he's approaching his 40s?

Oh hey, someone who pays attention. agrees w/ me and sees things my way.
Fixed.

People who share a different opinion than you are paying attention, too, guy.

No, they aren't. They're using a podcast to judge body language and leadership.

Nobody in here actually saying anything about Love or Minnesota and then telling me something different.

Back
Top Bottom