[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
I've moved on from Love.

What we need is someone familiar with our system, a leader, good body language, in the playoffs every year, can score, rebound, pass, defend..........

Boris Diaw. :pimp:

That's who we need at PF. Mitch, get him. Whatever it takes.

so kyle lowry had a good game tonight... 
nerd.gif

I find great irony in 41% of folks want Nick Young back, but layers of you guys tell me Kevin Love ain't worth the effort.
laugh.gif

Most of the same guys don't want to maximize a top draft pick, just roll with the 13th pick or whatever.

But Swaggy P, cool.
laugh.gif
mean.gif

Again, black and white thinking.

Like, have you ever even been introduced to the concept of 'middle ground'?

Example:

- "Swaggy P, cool. He's having fun! But I wouldn't hang the franchise on him."

- "Kevin Love ain't worth the effort, at least not for a bajillion dollars and the 'franchise guy' label."

To a person NOT stuck in black and white thinking, nothing about that is difficult.

To a black and white thinker:

- "Swaggy P, cool."

- "Kevin Love ain't worth the effort."

- the end, nothing more

Understand ALL of what people are saying, dude.

ALL?

Oh.

Cuz, I said Love should be THEE Franchise guy, paid with a bajillion dollars?
nerd.gif

I said that, in here?
nerd.gif

Are you SURE?
I've asked you this before, and you never, EVER answer me, so I'm sure you won't now:

Did I say you said that?

I definitely have no problem making myself perfectly clear, so before you ask if I said you said that, can you please show me where I said you said that?

No, I'm not sure you said that in here, but just like the other times you've pulled that card, show me where I said "CP said..."
You said black and white thinking, using the point I made with Nick Young, addressing me.

Were you not speaking to me above?
This whole asking questions things...

... try that in Step 1 next time.

Was I speaking TO you? Yes. Addressing you? Yes.

But does that mean that everything I said was ABOUT you? Ummm... no. I was speaking IN GENERAL... (no, that doesn't mean in the General Forum; it means I was making a general statement)... about the things people say, COLLECTIVELY.

Love has 18, 8 and 3 at the half.

I lost count of how many high fives, shoulder shrugs and sighs he had though.

To bring it all the way back to last year, Love's perfect compliment was............Dwight Howard.

Essential and I spoke on it when we all had hopes of keeping Dwight.

Dwight can defend to mask Love, and Love can space away from Dwight better than Pau.

Though we lose Dwight, we can still build around Love. How might we do that? Not surrounding him with Kevin Martin, Corey Brewer, and Ricky Rubio is a start. A good one. :lol:

Sucks that healthy Dwight didn't stay, they could have been a ridiculous frontcourt. :smh:

I don't want this response to be gone by the wayside, so I'm reissuing it, w/ amendments made so that it is PERFECTLY CLEAR

Example:
some people have the collective attitude: 'Swaggy P, cool. He's having fun! But I wouldn't hang the franchise on him.'
some people have the collective attitude: 'Kevin Love ain't worth the effort, at least not for a bajillion dollars and the 'franchise guy' label.'

To a person NOT stuck in black and white thinking, nothing about understanding those collective attitudes is difficult.

To a black and white thinker, like CP1708:
- "Swaggy P, cool." (and I used quotes, because he actually said that in a response, like for reals)
- "Kevin Love ain't worth the effort." (again, using quotes because these are actual words from him)

Anybody find it funny they run the same exact **** is Houston?

Dwight wanted to he featured more but they run more pick n roll than anything :lol:

Last edited:
Love has 18, 8 and 3 at the half.

I lost count of how many high fives, shoulder shrugs and sighs he had though.
1/3 free throw shooting
And too many 3's at halftime 3/4

Diaw/Al Jeff
Y'all aren't even trying, b.

Ol' 'They said he's not perfect. Let's get Diaw' type dudes.

(and no, I'm not saying that you actually said the words 'They said he's not perfect. Let's get Diaw.' That's my interpretation of the stubborn ******** you're posting)

Anybody find it funny they run the same exact **** is Houston?

Dwight wanted to he featured more but they run more pick n roll than anything
laugh.gif
i dont see him being as frustrated in houston though mostly because he's healthy

at least this year he can make the most of the few post ups that he actually does get 

i dont see him being as frustrated in houston though mostly because he's healthy

at least this year he can make the most of the few post ups that he actually does get 
Yeah true.
But Kaman got more post moves than him :nerd:

Dwights just a defensive monster.
Not that that's a bad thing, but yea

Last edited:
I don't want this response to be gone by the wayside, so I'm reissuing it, w/ amendments made so that it is PERFECTLY CLEAR

Example:

some people have the collective attitude: 'Swaggy P, cool. He's having fun! But I wouldn't hang the franchise on him.'

some people have the collective attitude: 'Kevin Love ain't worth the effort, at least not for a bajillion dollars and the 'franchise guy' label.'

To a person NOT stuck in black and white thinking, nothing about understanding those collective attitudes is difficult.

To a black and white thinker, like CP1708:

- "Swaggy P, cool." (and I used quotes, because he actually said that in a response, like for reals)

- "Kevin Love ain't worth the effort." (again, using quotes because these are actual words from him)

The fact that Kevin Love needs to be argued or sold to Laker fans says more than enough.

Or that Nick Young is being showered with love, says more than enough.

Black, while, middle, front or center. Those two things have gone on, in here, for weeks.

With all the things said, backed off, did or didn't said, well he can't do this, or someone else said that, bottom line, Laker fans in here are hesitating or saying no to signing free agent Kevin Love. Not trading 3 picks + two good players for, just merely signing him outright.

People opposed that idea. It happened.

I'm terrified what would get said if someone brought up Blake Griffin in here. He might be a lesser AC Green by the time the thread runs its course. :lol:

Manup, Yeesus guy, tanking is relatively "new" in today's NBA.

People always knew when Magic or Shaq or Bron were coming into the league and the importance of getting a #1 pick, but the economics of those picks weren't as important as they are now.

So no, in 96 no talk of tanking took place.

And there were no websites back then to discuss the idea anyways. :lol:

im not yeezus guy, yeezus stan, yeezus fan or yd or YD I am a yeezusdisciple.

and thanks. i wasnt a basketball fan back then so i didnt know what ppl talkd about

This play happened because Rubio was injured. I know, I know: I see him right there, too. Still, that's why it happened; Rubio's injury.

And because the Wolves wasted Garnett. Nevermind the minor detail about Garnett having nothing to do w/ Love's miscues here (and there aren't any Love miscues, btw. You're just not paying attention.)

And it also happened because the Wolves franchise is terrible.

Don't anyone DARE say Love could have done ANYTHING different; Dont. You. DAAAARE.

That dude is... more perfect than any basketball player... no, any PERSON... to ever live.

(no, CP, I'm not saying you said those things. However, I am suggesting (which is different than 'saying') that you are strongly alluding to [which is also different than 'saying'] those things.)

Last edited:
The fact that Kevin Love needs to be argued or sold to Laker fans says more than enough.

Or that Nick Young is being showered with love, says more than enough.

Black, while, middle, front or center. Those two things have gone on, in here, for weeks.

With all the things said, backed off, did or didn't said, well he can't do this, or someone else said that, bottom line, Laker fans in here are hesitating or saying no to signing free agent Kevin Love. Not trading 3 picks + two good players for, just merely signing him outright.

People opposed that idea. It happened.

I'm terrified what would get said if someone brought up Blake Griffin in here. He might be a lesser AC Green by the time the thread runs its course. :lol:

Where did people oppose this?

Honestly?

Me personally I just said there are criticisms, I would LOVE love on this team.

the way love positions himself so the ball falls perfectly in his arm though 
pimp.gif

rebounding genius 
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom