[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
In light of the latest Andrew Bynum news, do it Mitch.

Squeeze a draft pick or two out of Cleveland too.

Edit:

Waive Bynum before January 7 to save $6 million and play Chris Kaman 35 minutes a night. :wow: :wow: :pimp:

If only it could be Nash instead of Pau

Last edited:
The Andrew Bynumexperiment may be nearing its end in Cleveland, as the Cavaliers announced on Saturday that they have suspended the former All-Star big man indefinitely for conduct detrimental to the team.

The official release in its entirety, from the team website:

“Cavaliers center Andrew Bynum has been suspended for conduct detrimental to the team, Cavaliers General Manager Chris Grant announced today. Bynum did not travel with the team to Boston last night for the team’s game this afternoon at 1:00 p.m. vs. the Celtics and has been excused from all team activities indefinitely. His status will be updated as appropriate.”

There are no other details at this time, but as is usually the case in these situations, we’ll find out exactly what went down soon enough.

It’s worth noting that if Bynum and the team don’t resolve their differences, it’s more than likely he’ll be unemployed sometime in the next seven days. That’s because Bynum’s contract, a two-year deal worth close to $25 million, is only guaranteed for $6 million through Jan.5. If he’s waived before then, the Cavaliers aren’t required to pay him the remainder of his deal.

Because that is a cap-friendly deal, the Cavaliers will try to trade the deal before cutting him outright, reports Brian Windhorst at ESPN. They might get a second round pick for him, nothing more.

Bynum has been hit and miss for the Cavaliers on the court this season, at times looking like the dominant center he used to be. But he’s also struggled, including recently going 0-for-11 from the field with zero points in 22 minutes in a loss to the Pistons. He has said several times this season that he was mentally struggling to learn to play being limited physically because of his knees, plus pain in them. To come back from these kind of injuries requires a real love of the game and desire to do it, something former teammates have questioned about Bynum.

Idk if I want dude.not through trade anyways. Let them drop him then we sign him for 2-3 mil. Just don't let Mia get to him.

The cap relief he would provide in P's situation makes him worthwhile.

It's like $14million.

Only have to pay a week of his contract then cut him. Would make us a non luxury tax team.

If you are thinking about keeping him.. Don't bother. Seriously don't bother. Not even worth it.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm thinking so long as he's cut before the 7th that it's something we should pursue.

Last edited:
interesting....trading a 2nd round pick for cap relief definitely seems like something the lakers would do. but do we have a 2nd rounder this year?

LOL the Cavs better trade the Lakers a draft pick in this situation, not the other way around.

Question is, how good does Dan Gilbert feel about his team? If I were him, I would need to feel like I'm only a couple pieces away to give up a first rounder.

A first rounder from them would be an overpay. I'd take one of their second rounders they possess.

They have three in the early second of this upcoming draft (their own, Orlando's and Memphis').

Last edited:
Here's what you do. Trade Pau for Bynum, Earl Clark, and as many 2nd Rounders as you can get. 2 makes sense 1 in 2014, and one future pick. Protect it if you need to. Cavs have 3 second round picks this year and next.

Cut Andrew Bynum.

Earl Clark is now your starting PF.

Kaman starting Center.

From the Pau trade you now have saved somewhere between $14mil - $14.2mil. Puts us at $64.5-$64.7 mil in total salaries

We are no longer a luxury tax team, and our entire payroll taxes reset. Starting next year. So no repeater tax if we went over the luxury in 2014.

Then you go after someone to play backup 4. Lamar Odom perhaps. Then go out and look for a backup Center for insurance through the rest of the season on league minimum.. Kwame, Petro, Fab Melo, Jason Collins, Chris Wilcox, Haddadi.

Last edited:
LOL the Cavs better trade the Lakers a draft pick in this situation, not the other way around.

I'm going off the blurb freeze posted. what incentive do the cavs have to give up assets in a Bynum deal? if they don't see any trades they like they can just cut him

Last edited:

I'm going off the blurb freeze posted. what incentive do the cavs have to give up assets in a Bynum deal? if they don't see any trades they like they can just cut him
It's a perfect storm for the Lakers.

A team that has been mandated to make the playoffs by their owner. Otherwise, the general manager will get fired. A team that needs a kick in the *** to solidify themselves in the playoff race in the East (don't laugh). A team that happens to have enough expirings and draft picks to make a deal work for Pau.

intrigued by this potential trade with the cavs.

verdict:

A5xrXriCIAE3pmW.jpg

anyone listen to the latest BS report yet?

they brought up some valid criticisms of kevin love

I did.

Agreed also with his points.
I mean at some point isn't it k loves fault he's never gotten to the playoffs in six years?

Great player puts up great stats, but he's not a leader. K love is also a number 2 guy.

You pair k love with russy, then I'm not worried. Russy has that Kobe personality. Alpha dog.

But k love himself? Well be a borderline playoff team.

But hey, this is a 2-3 plan right?

Here's what you do. Trade Pau for Bynum, Earl Clark, and as many 2nd Rounders as you can get. 2 makes sense 1 in 2014, and one future pick. Protect it if you need to. Cavs have 3 second round picks this year and next.

Cut Andrew Bynum.

Earl Clark is now your starting PF.

Kaman starting Center.

From the Pau trade you now have saved somewhere between $14mil - $14.2mil. Puts us at $64.5-$64.7 mil in total salaries

We are no longer a luxury tax team, and our entire payroll taxes reset. Starting next year. So no repeater tax if we went over the luxury in 2014.

Then you go after someone to play backup 4. Lamar Odom perhaps. Then go out and look for a backup Center for insurance through the rest of the season on league minimum.. Kwame, Petro, Fab Melo, Jason Collins, Chris Wilcox, Haddadi.

giphy.gif

tumblr_inline_mmhv65br0M1qz4rgp.gif

I did.

I mean at some point isn't it k loves fault he's never gotten to the playoffs in six years?

Great player puts up great stats, but he's not a leader. K love is also a number 2 guy.

You pair k love with russy, then I'm not worried. Russy has that Kobe personality. Alpha dog.

yup, the rebounding over defense thing can be changed like the amount of 3s he takes but we need a dominant top 5 wing player to go with him.

sucks that westbrooks knees seem to be breaking down 
ohwell.gif

I did.

No, because basketball is a team sport. He can only control so much.

He's had **** teammates until this season (and even then, they have one of the worst benches in the league), **** coaching until Adelman and a **** general manager. In an ultra competitive Western Conference too.

Last edited:

I did.

No, because basketball is a team sport. He can only control so much.
The narrative used on a player absolutely depends on whether the speaker likes the player or not. 
laugh.gif

- criticizing a player who has little to no playoff success, like Pau: "I mean, no playoffs... until we get him" or "No playoff success... until Kobe."

So 'no playoffs' is a bad thing? Fair enough.

But then...

- defending a player who has no playoff success, like KLove: "I mean, team sport."

laugh.gif

Why would anyone want a guy averaging 26-13-4 a night, efficiently, in his prime?

Other than the fact he's the only player in the NBA doing that, why would we want to get a player like him?

Way to think ahead fellas.

Oh, playoffs. That's right. Pau was 0-12 before donning a Laker uni just as he entered his prime. Y'all forgot that or something tho.

Back
Top Bottom