[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
The only ppl I like that we have aside KB is hill, farmar and caveman. Young is okay...oh and X

Hate to say but this team looks better minus Kobe. Seems like they play more loose.

If Kobe dominates the ball, these other guys can't find their rhythm. They almost look scared to play with Kobe as if they must tremble at his greatness. :lol:

Better days are ahead.

:wow: Blake the gawd!
Man all this is stupid Sterns fault! If we have gotten cp3 gasol wouldn't be such a cry baby and Lamar wouldn't be on crack...too soon?

^ well who knows. They both would've been buried in new orleans. So no wouldn't have gotten Anthony davis. That trade would've been the butterfly effect for the league. And there's no telling where Dwight would be right now. Maybe we'd have bynum. Maybe we'd have Mike brown. Kobe may not have popped the Achilles. Butterfly wings my brothers.

^ if memory serves (help me out, CP), that CP3 deal with already done and just waiting for approval... And then a Dwight deal was right after that.

Go watch a highlight reel of Pau from back then. He's lost a step. It's not a matter of effort or injury.

it IS lack of effort

dude puts no effort during the offseason and is always out of shape

he got away with that when he was younger but age+injuries has him looking flabby n sick

Like larry holmes.

Disgusting and disheartening L....to me, at least.

That meeks play and subsequent heyward triple was the ballgame.

So I assume everyone is ok with moving forward with kaman/sacre as the 5s and dumping pau for an equally bad, yet expiring contract. Someone at least 6'9, 250 with some semblance of intensity. But who. Theres no one out there that fitd that particular profile.

Gasol listed day-to-day with a yeast infection
whats a yeast infection? How long will he be out?
BLESSSSS

YOOOOURRRR

HEAAAART

Oh my damb.

:wow:

I'm'a give you an out: quote me, and then just say... exactly like this... "Dude, chill. I was freaking kidding. I know what that is. Duh."

i was srs. i play power forward and am worried i might get one too. should i go see a docta???

Stop it. :lol:

Dude read "Pau: yeast infection" and seriously asked "Yo, what is that anyways? Something serious? What, like a week or 2?"

Yeezus Christ

do u believe in yeezus? I can help u become a disciple

I just want gasol from 09-10 that's it! If we every find him, everything will be different

Nothing Was The Same

:rofl:

^ if memory serves (help me out, CP), that CP3 deal with already done and just waiting for approval... And then a Dwight deal was right after that.

The Dwight deal was "intended" so to speak, basically everyone knew it was coming, but the rumored follow up deal was to bring in Beasley to play the stretch 4 role next to Bynum. (Or Dwight, whenever that would come about)

In theory, at the moment of the CP3 deal, it would have been CP3, Kobe, Metta, Beasley, Bynum then whatever bench help they'd pursue after that.

Even the Cavs lame *** owner alluded to us getting Dwight soon after in his email to Stern. Everyone knew it was coming. The Beasley one was a bit of a surprise, but also a smart Mitch move. #2 pick, given up on still very early in his career, loads of talent, being spoon fed by Chris freaking Paul???? :smh:

He would have surpassed all the production we've squeezed out of Ariza, Clark, Hill, X, Wes, Shannon, etc etc.

Lakers have called the Bulls about Deng. Don't have enough to get him. About a dozen teams are interested. Lakers maybe in the middle of that pack.

On the other hand, 2014 offseason, if the Bulls can't keep him, Lakers are the favorite. Bulls are convinced they can easily re-sign him, but Deng has long been upset with the Bulls always dangling him out there, and not getting an extension when he wanted one.

Last edited:
Trade pau for boozer and Deng.

Throw in whatever contracts to make it work

Bad trade... You don't want to have Boozer's contract next year. Because you have Kobe, Boozer, Nash and Deng. You are now at $60mil. Be a waste to even have Deng next year if we have Boozer. Might as well wait. Then come offseason you do what you can to go after the top prize and Deng. I don't care if it's 1,000,000 to 1 long shot. You go all out if he opts out.

Also anything we do is contingent on Nash retiring. Not stretch clause. Full retirement. If not we are in for a long 2014 as well.

Even then P is right. Luol Deng alone on a 4 year $9mil a year contract with Kobe's contract is horrible. Would need the #1 guy with him to make it worthwhile. And then you're wasting money on redundancy.

Last edited:
Amazing. We make the worst teams look like all-stars.
On a given night, some no-name has a career game against us.
All the time.
Its disgusting.
This team doesnt deserve fans.

SALT LAKE CITY -- After fouling out for just the third time in his seven-year career and having to watch from the bench as the Los Angeles Lakers lost 105-103 to the Utah Jazz on Friday, Nick Young let his frustrations be heard.

"It's just the respect factor," Young said after his night ended with him picking up his sixth foul with 5:45 remaining in the fourth quarter after he had scored a team-high 21 points on 10-for-17 shooting. "I feel like we don't get the proper respect that everybody else gets when it comes to certain things out there on the court. It plays a major role. I'm not going to call no names; I'm not going to say it was the refs' fault or nothing, but just watch the game over and see what happened out there."What happened was L.A. played another game without four of its best -- and most well-known -- players in Kobe Bryant (left knee fracture), Pau Gasol (upper respiratory infection), Steve Nash (nerve root irritation) and Steve Blake (right elbow injury), and lost its fourth straight game and for the ninth time in its past 13 games overall.

Young said he had a conversation with one of the referees in the fourth quarter about what he believed to be a disparity in the way the game was being called shortly before picking up his sixth foul for contact with Utah's Marvin Williams.

"For me, it's hard," Young said. "For me speaking my mind out there, and then at the end of the day, three minutes later, getting fouled out. I played the major role. Like I said, we're just fighting for that [same] respect as everybody else out there, and sooner or later we'll get it."

Young also fouled out Nov. 8 of this season in New Orleans. Before that, he had not fouled out of a game since March 8, 2008, during his rookie season with the Washington Wizards.

"We just wasn't getting no calls tonight," Young said.

The Lakers return to Staples Center for four straight home games starting Sunday against the Philadelphia 76ers and can bring their record to .500 at 17-17 if they win them all.

"We can't lose," Young said. "We got to take care of home court. This game has got to hurt. This game has got to make you want to go out there and kill somebody the next game."

Young said the Lakers will strive to improve others' perception of them as much as they will try for victories. They go hand in hand.

"It's just the way people view us," Young said. "We're trying to change the way people think about us. At the same time, we're all fighting for something. We're all fighting for that respect and our names on the back [of the uniform]. It's a pride factor that kicks in."

Young said the relative anonymity of the players on the Lakers' roster who are actually healthy and playing has hurt their chances. L.A. played with its 15th different starting lineup in its 30th game Friday, including its sixth different starting group in its past six games.

"Without Kobe out there, we're just [ignored] out there it seems like," Young said. "I don't get the same respect as everybody else, and my teammates feel the same. We was all frustrated, but at the end of the day, nobody wants to get fined, nobody wants to talk trash about what happened out there. We're just taking it, and that's the tough part."

Contrary to Young's contention, L.A. was called for fewer fouls (19 to 25) and shot more free throws (23 to 20) than Utah on Friday.

Young, who makes the veteran's minimum of about $1.1 million this season, said he was aware his comments could cost him.

"I don't want to lose no money," Young said. "I'd seen [Memphis' Zach Randolph] get fined $25,000, so I need my little checks coming in."[/QUOTE]

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/...ick-young-says-los-angeles-lakers-get-respect

Four most well known and respected players: kobe bryant, pau gasol, steven nash and..... steve blake

We made it steve, we finally made it :pimp:

View media item 714370
In light of the latest Andrew Bynum news, do it Mitch.

Squeeze a draft pick or two out of Cleveland too.

Edit:

Waive Bynum before January 7 to save $6 million and play Chris Kaman 35 minutes a night. :wow: :wow: :pimp:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom