[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
From a drafting perspective, Beasley was a beast coming out of college. No one expected him to turn out this way :lol:

same with oden. some **** just cant be forecast. i honestly didnt see durant being so great. i mean i knew the could score, he was nice at texas, but 3 scoring titles in a row? yeezus! you just never know. did anybody know know that kid from italy was destined to be the 'air' apparent? or that svsm player would be a legit superhero?

Last edited:
speaking of Beasley, 2008 was (supposed to be) a damn good draft. 5 years later and Mario charmers has more rings than his whole lottery class combined

I will stop now :lol:

From a drafting perspective, Beasley was a beast coming out of college. No one expected him to turn out this way :lol:

same with oden. some **** just cant be forecast. i honestly didnt see durant being so great. i mean i knew the could score, he was nice at texas, but 3 scoring titles in a row? yeezus! you just never know. did anybody know know that kid from italy was destined to be the 'air' apparent? or that svsm player would be a legit superhero?
jerry west did and the hype for lebron coming into the league will never be matched.

i'm speaking more of players who flopped than those who became great players. youre right, you just never know

Last edited:
grandtheftbike grandtheftbike Jerry west was also VERY high on Rudy gay and "drafted" him to Memphis the same way he drafted Kobe.

one last point and I'll stop.... guys like love and Durant want to win more than anything else and will bounce if their franchises prove they don't know how. there are only a handful of teams that are proven winners AND will have the cash to potentially sign both of them, hell it may even be only our team. meanwhile check out the east standings. EVERYBODY is tanking. it is FAR more likely that we end up with BOTH Love and Durant than it is to get ONE of the top 5 POTENTIALLY GARBAGE players in this draft. there's a more than likely shot that we can STILL end up with a lottery pick from this draft after they flop with the team that threw away a season to draft them and goes right back to square zero. ALL WITHOUT TANKING

at the end of the day nothing is guaranteed but I think I've made my case against tanking

Last edited:
agree to disagree. regardless of your opinion, tanking doesn't guarantee a high pick
FACT #1
and a high pick doesn't guarantee a winning franchise
FACT #2

IR... REFUTABLE

(but continuing refuting it, folks)

#2 is a fact, but #1 is not.

How the hell does one tank, and not get a high pick? :lol: :lol: :lol:

You can't tank and get the 14th pick guys. :lol:

1, 2, 3, 4, 5 would equal "high" pick.

"Tanking" doesn't get the 9th pick, you can't drop that far.

I don't like to tank just because it's going to take awhile to rebuild again I want to win now

I don't like to tank just because it's going to take awhile to rebuild again I want to win now
Would you like to go the New York way of things and take short cuts to the championship?

Anyways, this team doesn't even have to tank to find itself in the top 8-12 of the draft.

They probably shouldn't even have as many wins as they do now, but whatever. But if they land at say number 10 and draft and develop someone into the tier of a George Hill/Wilson Chandler/Kosta Koufos three years from now, they should be ecstatic.

Last edited:
C CP1708 once again check the standings. there are teams in the east tanking and yet they are in the playoffs. everybody sucks but there are only 13 lottery balls.

pmatic pmatic ok maybe not the knick way. How bout the Cleveland way? or the okc way of having so many picks you can't pay them all and have to replace them with Kevin Martin or either start the same process all over with new picks

Last edited:
Would you like to go the New York way of things and take short cuts to the championship?

Anyways, this team doesn't even have to tank to find itself in the top 8-12 of the draft.

They probably shouldn't even have as many wins as they do now, but whatever. But if they land at say number 10 and draft and develop someone into the tier of a George Hill/Wilson Chandler/Kosta Koufos three years from now, they should be ecstatic.
I get what your saying I wouldn't mind a mid draft pick I just don't want the team to tank and end up like the bobcats and get nothing

pmatic pmatic ok maybe not the knick way. How bout the Cleveland way? or the okc way of having so many picks you can't pay them all and have to replace them with Kevin Martin or either start the same process all over with new picks
I don't think the team wants or will be that bad for three consecutive years, probably two (counting this year).

I wouldn't complain if it happened though. :nerd:

I get what your saying I wouldn't mind a mid draft pick I just don't want the team to tank and end up like the bobcats and get nothing
A lot of things would have to go bad to end up like the Bobcats. :lol:

Last edited:
didn't even catch that at first. so now we are tanking for kosta koufos? :lol: and yes we would have to tank to end up with the #10 pick (check the standings.....)

I'm done yall. it's been real

edit- I'm back. didn't even realize the game started :lol:

Last edited:
I never realized how many folks had zero idea about the draft until this year.

3 years
Bobcats
Tanking for low picks
Beasley/Oden

None of which relate to ANYTHING.

It's the same as me saying Bron, Durant, George, Curry, 60's Celtics, the Bulls come up for Rose.

None of those have anything to do with the other.

You aren't winning a title THIS year, you get the BEST pick you can, you scout them all correctly, draft and develop the player you identify properly, and enhance that pick with proper free agent signings.

Andrew Bynum was scouted, and built around by us. At #10.
You try to do that, again.

Not Bobcats, or tank for 3 years, or any other uniformed fear that keeps coming up.

Your alternative is sucking anyways but landing the 15th pick, or getting swept in round 1 and even a worse pick than 15.

The benefit to a potential 8th pick (scouted properly) is far greater than another first round sweep and the 16th pick.

No need for Bobcats, Beasley's, or 3 years of bottom feedings. Please, understand these things.

PANTS-ON-THE-GROUND.gif

Quality center man.

P with the prelude 3's :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

we are not tanking. period. I don't give a **** what anybody says. a team full of contract players and Kobe Bryant is not gonna stop playing hard and I refuse to entertain any idea to the opposite

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom