[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
He had 25 & 13 last night..

Please stop

Anthony Davis had 32, 12, and 6 Blocks in a win

quit gassing his stats, dude was ghost against one of the worse teams in the league defensively when they needed him

3rd Highest PPG
1st Rebounding
1st in Double Doubles
2nd APG for PF
6th most efficient player in the league.
4th in Value Added
4th in Estimated Wins Added

For christ sake shooting 50% scoring 25 points is not being clamped... Unless you are complaining about him going 2-7.... You really want him to hit that extra 3 pointer in a game where they lost by 13.

You have to be trolling, because there is no way a basketball opinion could be so misinformed.

Last edited:
3rd Highest PPG
1st Rebounding
1st in Double Doubles
2nd APG for PF
4th in Value Added

For christ sake shooting 50% scoring 25 points is not being clamped... Unless you are complaining about him going 2-7.... You really want him to hit that extra 3 pointer in a game where they lost by 13.

You have to be trolling, because there is no way a basketball opinion could be so misinformed.

Consistently on one of the top three worse teams in the league.

None of that has even translated into an above .400 season... He's a stat stuffer on bad teams. Ever heard of Chris Bosh?

that girl behind the warriors bench 
embarassed.gif

Swag Mamba takin it straight to the hole ( No Colorado) I like it! I saw his career flash before my eyes though glad Speights caught him.

3rd Highest PPG
1st Rebounding
1st in Double Doubles
2nd APG for PF
4th in Value Added

Consistently on one of the top three worse teams in the league.

None of that has even translated into an above .400 season... He's a stat stuffer on bad teams. Ever heard of Chris Bosh?

You missed the part of the stats I posted where he is the 4th most valuable player in the NBA in terms of wins and value added.

Let's just judge by 2 years... 2010-11 and 2011-12... Can't really judge 2012-13 he played only a quarter of the season.... And 2008-09 and 2009-10 he was not an everyday starter.

In 2010-11 the second leading scorer on the team was Michael Beasley..

The starting lineup was Ridenour-Wes Johnson-Michael Beasley-Kevin Love - Darko.... All started over 60 games.. Come on son, Love is supposed to lead this team to the playoffs?

2011-12 He had the 4th highest win shares in the entire league. If you don't understand what win shares are, it is how many wins does that player add to his team. He was injured the last 11 games of the season.. The Wolves were 25-30 at the time. They finished 26-40. 8th seed went 36-30. Would they have made the playoffs? No. Probably fall a few games short... Don't forget they were 21-20 when Rubio goes down.. So at that point Love doesn't even have a #2 guy

The Timberwolves are ravaged by injuries every year, and every year have a weak bench.. It's not like he's playing in the Eastern Conference either.. He's playing in the West where if you don't have a reliable #2, your season means nothing.

Last edited:
You missed the part of the stats I posted where he is the 4th most valuable player in the NBA in terms of wins and value added.

Let's just judge by 2 years... 2010-11 and 2011-12... 2012-13 he played only 25% of the season... And 2008-09 and 2009-10 he was not an everyday starter.

The starting lineup was Ridenour-Wes Johnson-Michael Beasley-Kevin Love - Darko.... Come on son, Love is supposed to lead this team to the playoffs?

2011-12 He had the 4th highest win shares in the entire league. If you don't understand what win shares are, it is how many wins does that player add to his team.

The Timberwolves are ravaged by injuries every year, and every year have a weak bench.. It's not like he's playing in the Eastern Conference either.. He's playing in the West where if you don't have a reliable #2, your season means nothing.

First off, I never feed into PER b/c they are simply numbers crammed into imaginary stats by cats that can't hoop :lol:. I go by what I see on the floor.

Melo was 4th last year and 9th this year in that PER crap :lol:

My boy Boogie is FIF in that crap this season (251 standup)

Second, I go by what I see on the floor mostly the match up problems that different players cause b/c that's what gets I thru the playoffs and gets u rings, that and defense.

Bad shots by the wing are different from bad shots by one of your best rebounder 25 ft from the basket especially when he's giving nothing on the defensive end (Rasheed is a good example of an exception to this)

The lakers need Melo for basketball reasons man, it's deeper than stats :lol:

Reread my basketball reasons as to why Kobe needs Melo and get back to me as why Kobe needs a guy shooting jumpers 25 ft from the rim

This is chess not checkers....

Get it done Mitch :pimp:

Last edited:

Let's just judge by 2 years... 2010-11 and 2011-12... 2012-13 he played only 25% of the season... And 2008-09 and 2009-10 he was not an everyday starter.

The starting lineup was Ridenour-Wes Johnson-Michael Beasley-Kevin Love - Darko.... Come on son, Love is supposed to lead this team to the playoffs?

2011-12 He had the 4th highest win shares in the entire league. If you don't understand what win shares are, it is how many wins does that player add to his team.

First off, I never feed into PER b/c they are simply numbers crammed into imaginary stats by cats that can't hoop :lol:. I go by what I see on the floor.

Melo was 4th last year in that PER crap :lol:

Melo was very efficient last year. That's why he was 4th. Much more efficient than he ever was before in his career.

But look prior to that:
2011-12 he was 28th.
2010-11 he was 16th
2009-10 he was 13th
2008-09 he was 33rd
2007-08 he was 20th
2006-07 he was 19th
2005-06 he was 21st

This isn't even a knock on Melo. He's one hell of a scorer.. He was extremely efficient last year, but to say he is overall the level of efficiency of Love is absurd.

Also your bad shots analogy sucks.. Love is 5th in league in Offensive Rebounds..

Last edited:
Melo was very efficient last year. That's why he was 4th. Much more efficient than he ever was before in his career.

But look prior to that:
2011-12 he was 28th.
2010-11 he was 16th
2009-10 he was 13th
2008-09 he was 33rd
2007-08 he was 20th
2006-07 he was 19th
2005-06 he was 21st

This isn't even a knock on Melo. He's one hell of a scorer.. He was extremely efficient last year, but to say he is overall the level of efficiency of Love is absurd.

Also your bad shots analogy sucks.. Love is 5th in league in Offensive Rebounds..

I'm schleep :lol:

Love's bad shots isn't an analogy it's what I see when I watch his team play

I've clearly stated dude was a stat stuffer on bad teams, plenty of times...

Clearly stated that PER doesn't translate in match ups and actual action on the floor. B/c I guess that 09 season when he was ranked 33rd but when Melo got his team to a conf finals he wasn't "efficient" :lol: so pity

Clearly asked for basketball reasons as to why Kobe needs a PF shooting 25 ft from the cup. We say that last season with Pau.

Reread why I said Kobe needs Melo from a gameplan/matchup standpoint

It's only a few pages back... All gems

Ball don't lie

Last edited:
[quote name="DaddyRabbit251"]First off, I never feed into PER b/c they are simply numbers crammed into imaginary stats by cats that can't hoop :lol:. I go by what I see on the floor.[/quote]My reps, take them; just take them all.

^ Because we keep playing NBA teams. :lol:

Heck, 5 in a row? Have we even won 3 in a row this season?

Swaggy P owes me $120 for tonight. I came to witness his greatness against my peasant Warriors, but he bricked pretty much every shot :lol: he still has a solid Versace collection though :pimp:

Last edited:
^ Because we keep playing NBA teams. :lol:

Heck, 5 in a row? Have we even won 3 in a row this season?

alonzo.gif

Swaggy P owes me $120 for tonight. I came to witness his greatness against my peasant Warriors, but he bricked pretty much every shot :lol: he still has a solid Versace collection though :pimp:

he was nervous because you were in the building. you jinxed it :smh:

Last edited:
[quote name="CP"][quote name="sea manup"]KLove takes bad shots but we need melo? 

KLove puts up stats on a bad team but we need melo?
Unreal ain't it?

Bannable offense. Serious.[/quote]Nah, dog. I ain't letting squeak by a couple good points just because he ended all "So get Melo."

- Durant... A SCORER... averaging 4 threes to Love's 7
- always been a liability on defense

What say you?[/quote]

Ska, you backing rabbit is making me seriously question Niketalk right now.

I really do not care that Love shoots 6.5 3's per game in Rick Adelman's offense with no other offensive weapon on the floor.
Pekovic rules the paint, Rubio roams and probes, Love spaces the floor because he can, he has that ability. You'll notice, Pau could not do that for Dwight last season.

The difference is Love is an ELITE rebounder. Read again, ELITE.

He puts up 25 and 13 PER NIGHT, Ska. Not once in a while, not sometimes, not a few times a week, PER NIGHT. And for fun, he adds 4 dimes to that. As in, more assists per game than anybody from a lowpost position.
Here is where I ask you, WHO THE **** ON THAT TEAM IS HE PASSING TOO FOR 4 DIMES PER GAME???????

Stop listening to idiots that claim he is some chuck who takes bad shots and the proceeds to hype Melo for the love of Christ.

ONE, player in the NBA is postin 25-13-4 a night. ONE.

No one else Ska, just him. With worthless freakin talent around him. Every team gameplans against him. Hell, we were tripling him at times.

Defensively, he's not elite. So very sorry that he can't score, shoot, rebound, pass AND defend at an elite level. 4 outta 5 will have to do. Course, there's like one single player in the NBA that does all 5, so if you and your new friend rabbit clown can't land LeBron, then maybe we can focus on a guy that at least provides 4 categories and just add some defensive talent around him. Oh, Melo? He provides 1 of those traits. Scoring. With meh level rebounding, shooting and almost no passing or defense.

But hey, listen to rabbit, cuz he "watches" them play.

Skip the entire NBA universe that raves about Love's game tho. Cuz ya know, Pau was really killin it in Memphis with that 0-12 playoff record and 18-10 averages before suddenly getting to 3 straight Finals immediately after donning a Laker uni.

So yeah, Love doesn't win.....in Minnesota. :smh:

Phil Jackson? I'm talking about MD.

I'm not saying he's buns compared to Pjax; I'm saying he's buns. On his own.

Pop is a good coach, but buns compared to Phil. Pop be like "But I've got 4"; Phil be like "Double that... and add 3 more."

Sloan is a good coach, but buns compared to Phil. Sloan be like "But I went to 2 Finals"; Phil be like "Who'd you lose those to? *troll face* But no, going to 2 Finals and losing is still impressive, no doubt. I went to a couple Finals and lost... of course, I also went to 11 others and won, but I hear ya."

No, THOSE are examples of 'bad cooks compared to a great'; MD is a bad coach, period.

How?

Nah. You think he's world class; I know he's wildly unaccomplished. Agree to disagree. :smile:
:stoneface: :stoneface:

[quote name="DaddyRabbit251"]First off, I never feed into PER b/c they are simply numbers crammed into imaginary stats by cats that can't hoop :lol:. I go by what I see on the floor.
My reps, take them; just take them all.[/quote]
You two realize PER is just a summary of what is usually posted in a box score put into a nice, neat number right? :lol:

[quote name="CP"][quote name="sea manup"]KLove takes bad shots but we need melo? 

KLove puts up stats on a bad team but we need melo?
Unreal ain't it?

Bannable offense. Serious.
Nah, dog. I ain't letting squeak by a couple good points just because he ended all "So get Melo."

- Durant... A SCORER... averaging 4 threes to Love's 7
- always been a liability on defense

What say you?[/quote]

Ska, you backing rabbit is making me seriously question Niketalk right now.

I really do not care that Love shoots 6.5 3's per game in Rick Adelman's offense with no other offensive weapon on the floor.
Pekovic rules the paint, Rubio roams and probes, Love spaces the floor because he can, he has that ability. You'll notice, Pau could not do that for Dwight last season.

The difference is Love is an ELITE rebounder. Read again, ELITE.

He puts up 25 and 13 PER NIGHT, Ska. Not once in a while, not sometimes, not a few times a week, PER NIGHT. And for fun, he adds 4 dimes to that. As in, more assists per game than anybody from a lowpost position.
Here is where I ask you, WHO THE **** ON THAT TEAM IS HE PASSING TOO FOR 4 DIMES PER GAME???????

Stop listening to idiots that claim he is some chuck who takes bad shots and the proceeds to hype Melo for the love of Christ.

ONE, player in the NBA is postin 25-13-4 a night. ONE.

No one else Ska, just him. With worthless freakin talent around him. Every team gameplans against him. Hell, we were tripling him at times.

Defensively, he's not elite. So very sorry that he can't score, shoot, rebound, pass AND defend at an elite level. 4 outta 5 will have to do. Course, there's like one single player in the NBA that does all 5, so if you and your new friend rabbit clown can't land LeBron, then maybe we can focus on a guy that at least provides 4 categories and just add some defensive talent around him. Oh, Melo? He provides 1 of those traits. Scoring. With meh level rebounding, shooting and almost no passing or defense.

But hey, listen to rabbit, cuz he "watches" them play.

Skip the entire NBA universe that raves about Love's game tho. Cuz ya know, Pau was really killin it in Memphis with that 0-12 playoff record and 18-10 averages before suddenly getting to 3 straight Finals immediately after donning a Laker uni.

So yeah, Love doesn't win.....in Minnesota. :smh:[/quote]

co-sign. unless lebron is coming, love is the closest thing we get to filling those gaps up front. somehow i feel melo will end up in LA though :smh:. i can feel it in my nuggets.

surfsupchickenjoeicanfeelitinmynuggets.gif

Back
Top Bottom