[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
I only got to watch bits and pieces of the game last night.. Watching it more closely..

Next year's bench should be: Farmar, Meeks, Young, Hill, Sacre.... Wes being the extra rotation guy..

I love X, but Nick Young is better... And Meeks runs perfectly with the uptempo mode of the other guys.. And Wes over X because Wes will be cheaper, and his athleticism also works with the bench.

Should have enough money for those 6, Kobe & Draft Pick to make a serious play at someone.

Last edited:
I only got to watch bits and pieces of the game last night.. Watching it more closely..

Next year's bench should be: Farmar, Meeks, Young, Hill, Sacre.... Wes being the extra rotation guy..

I love X, but Nick Young is better... And Meeks runs perfectly with the uptempo mode of the other guys.. And Wes over X because Wes will be cheaper, and his athleticism also works with the bench.

Should have enough money for those 6, Kobe & Draft Pick to make a serious play at someone.

I agree but this team need a healthy Kobe to contend and another Superstar.. Kinda like how the Pau trade put them to championship contention

X is 6 years younger than Nick.

I keep X and flip Young for another asset. (If something comes available)

And hopefully Marshall can be improved as well and be kept.

X is 6 years younger than Nick.

I keep X and flip Young for another asset. (If something comes available)

He'll get more money than Nick (I think Nick's shot selection will always lessen his market)... Nick also would be more likely to take less to stay on the Lakers.

Last edited:
Not even. I'll let you guys make my anti-MD argument:
"Isn't that bad" :lol: Picture making a huge Thanksgiving dinner for everyone, and as people are walking in you tell them "Hey guys, eat up. Honestly, I had some, and its not that bad." :lol:
yeah ...

When the entire town said you couldn't cook... And you're standing next to the best cook on the world... People might be quick to call your food poo...

But yeah... Its not that bad

Those silly rings. :lol:
:rolleyes

Clearly I said for those group of greatness who hadn't won one...

What other coach would they have gotten at the time?

And do you think Phil Jackson would be able to do better with a roster of b- players?

Phil Jackson? I'm talking about MD.

I'm not saying he's buns compared to Pjax; I'm saying he's buns. On his own.

Pop is a good coach, but buns compared to Phil. Pop be like "But I've got 4"; Phil be like "Double that... and add 3 more."

Sloan is a good coach, but buns compared to Phil. Sloan be like "But I went to 2 Finals"; Phil be like "Who'd you lose those to? *troll face* But no, going to 2 Finals and losing is still impressive, no doubt. I went to a couple Finals and lost... of course, I also went to 11 others and won, but I hear ya."

No, THOSE are examples of 'bad cooks compared to a great'; MD is a bad coach, period.

How?

Nah. You think he's world class; I know he's wildly unaccomplished. Agree to disagree. :smile:

Kevin Love is a stat stuffer on a consistently bad team. He's a good rebounder in a league that doesn't have a lot of bigs that attack the glass and rebound. Kevin Durant avgs 8 Rebs on the wing, Melo avgs 9 as a tweener between the 3 and 4...

A big flaw in Love's game is his shot selection. Dude attempts 7 threes a game... SEVEN and only 12 shots inside the arc. KD one of the best shooters/scorers (his green light is FAR greater than love's) attempts only 4 threes a game. Melo 4 as well.... I'm sure everyone has heard the legendary, hall of fame, greatest PF of All time Charles Barkley's philosophy on jump shooting teams...

His biggest flaw is his defense where he's too slow to defend athletic PFs and too small to defend taller PFs with a back to the basket game.

Kevin Love is not Z Bo.... For the $$$ he is looking for, He is not the answer. He is not the centerpiece for the future.

Only Melo can right this ship

Get it done Mitch :smokin

Last edited:
Marshall, X, Young, Meeks, Wes, Sacre, and when he gets back, Farmar should get ALL the minutes this year.

And mix in some Pau to boost that trade value. :pimp:

Kevin Love is a stat stuffer on a consistently bad team. He's a good rebounder in a league that doesn't have a lot of bigs that attack the glass and rebound. Kevin Durant avgs 8 Rebs on the wing, Melo avgs 9 as a tweener between the 3 and 4...

A big flaw in Love's game is his shot selection. Dude attempts 7 threes a game... SEVEN and only 12 shots inside the arc. KD one of the best shooters/scorers (his green light is FAR greater than love's) attempts only 4 threes a game. Melo 4 as well.... I'm sure everyone has heard the legendary, hall of fame, greatest PF of All time Charles Barkley's philosophy on jump shooting teams...

His biggest flaw is his defense where he's too slow to defend athletic PFs and too small to defend taller PFs with a back to the basket game.

Kevin Love is not Z Bo.... He is not the answer. He is not the centerpiece for the future.

Only Melo can right this ship

Get it done Mitch :smokin

Easily the dumbest post in this thread. And that's saying something. Congrats.

Melo's teams have done far better than Kevin Love's :rofl:

The numbers don't lie man... Dirk for his career only avg'd 3 threes a game :rofl:

Kyle korver who is STRICTLY a spot up shooter shoots SIX a game... That's terrible shot selection for your PF. Terrible shot selection for the best player on your team.

Love is extremely overrated

Emphasis on extremely

Last edited:
Melo's teams have done far better than Kevin Love's :rofl:

The numbers don't lie man... Dirk for his career only avg'd 3 threes a game :rofl:

Kyle korver who is STRICTLY a spot up shooter shoots SIX a game... That's terrible shot selection for your PF. Terrible shot selection for the best player on your team.

Love is extremely overrated

Emphasis on extremely
View media item 705031
And yeah Love has issues on defense, but that's why it's imperative pairing him with a rim protector.

Last edited:
Y'all boys so pity I be :rofl: sometimes

What has Melo done? Really c'mon now :lol:

He's only been better than Love across the board from HS, college, and the pros. Hell the olys too :lol:

Stop playing Mitch, make them trades :pimp:

One would say in this conversation...

Why not both and you meet in the middle?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom