[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
If we get around 35-45 wins (which seems likely), MDA will probably be top 3 Coach of the Year voting...

I know a lot of you don't like MDA, but he really isn't a bad coach.
that sums up pretty much all of it...

people love to blame d'antoni for everything... but dude knows how to get things done...

i even heard people trying to blame him for kobe's injury... talmbout he played him too much...

:x :x

it seems like at every turn, people look for an excuse for kobe at the expense of d'antoni... instead of just admitting that maybe he's just had some bad luck w/ injury (the lakers franchise as a whole)

also...

swaggy P is now my 3rd favorite player after young steph and russell westbrook.

:pimp:

Enh, we have a fun team to watch as expected with an Antoni team. Before you guys start labeling him The Mustache That Saved Los Angeles, Id like to see him actually WIN something first. Hes still the same coach as hes always been, not bad, not great but OK. In the end Antoni will always Antoni.

[quote name="DontStepOnMyShoes"]Enh, we have a fun team to watch as expected with an Antoni team. Before you guys start labeling him The Mustache That Saved Los Angeles, Id like to see him actually WIN something first. Hes still the same coach as hes always been, not bad, not great but OK. In the end Antoni will always Antoni.[/quote]ALL o' that. I can tolerate Mike this year, because we obviously don't have anything close to a championship roster.

That quote by Wes about Mike being all relaxed and a 'players coach', nah man. I know you pro-MD folks are going to defend that just out of loyalty for him, but take a step away from loyalty, and realize that part of being a high quality coach (or anything) is having tough standards and expectations.

And miss me w/ "Oh, so now he doesn't have any expectations?"

Crap, I knew that was possibly coming, too.

Also miss me w/ "Yeah, we should just fire him."

(retroactive an hour ago)

So that everyone is on the same page...what are the expectations for this ball club? For me, I expect the team to finish .500...will that be good enough for a playoff seed? I think we'll be right on the brink.

ALL o' that. I can tolerate Mike this year, because we obviously don't have anything close to a championship roster.

That quote by Wes about Mike being all relaxed and a 'players coach', nah man. I know you pro-MD folks are going to defend that just out of loyalty for him, but take a step away from loyalty, and realize that part of being a high quality coach (or anything) is having tough standards and expectations.

And miss me w/ "Oh, so now he doesn't have any expectations?"
well it seems like every coach without a ring is discredited...

D antoni isn't that bad... Dude was running up against the spurs when he was with the suns... With maybe the greatest PF of all time in his prime, and one of the greatest coaches of all time... Lol

And new York.. That roster was buns... And Carmelo is a straight up iso player... That dragged NY Knicks down...

I just think the hate for him is unwarranted...

KLove and Westbrook in a d Antoni system...

:x :x

When D'Antoni has cohesion, his teams tend to play (relatively) well.

His Suns years, the pre-trade Randolph and Crawford Knicks, pre-trade Melo Knicks and now these Lakers. It can't be a coincidence.

Save your words P, trust me. Can't go too in depth, 0 is all they need to dispute every sentence.

Crap, I knew that was possibly coming, too.

Also miss me w/ "Yeah, we should just fire him."

(retroactive an hour ago)

I meant in terms of him keeping them "respectable" right now.

We don't want respectable this year.

We can hire him back next year. :lol:

When D'Antoni has cohesion, his teams tend to play (relatively) well.

His Suns years, the pre-trade Randolph and Crawford Knicks, pre-trade Melo Knicks and now these Lakers. It can't be a coincidence.
thanks sir...

Dude is not as bad and problematic as people say he is...

Rings can be so overrated if the player / coach doesn't have one... I think people get penalized too much for that...

So that everyone is on the same page...what are the expectations for this ball club? For me, I expect the team to finish .500...will that be good enough for a playoff seed? I think we'll be right on the brink.

i think they can make the playoffs.

[quote name="CP1708"]Save your words P, trust me. Can't go too in depth, 0 is all they need to dispute every sentence.[/quote]Not even. I'll let you guys make my anti-MD argument:

[quote name="Fontaine"]well it seems like every coach without a ring is discredited...

D antoni isn't that bad... Dude was running up against the spurs when he was with the suns... With maybe the greatest PF of all time in his prime, and one of the greatest coaches of all time... Lol [/quote]"Isn't that bad" :lol: Picture making a huge Thanksgiving dinner for everyone, and as people are walking in you tell them "Hey guys, eat up. Honestly, I had some, and its not that bad." :lol:

[quote name="Fontaine"][quote name="PMatic"]When D'Antoni has cohesion, his teams tend to play (relatively) well.

His Suns years, the pre-trade Randolph and Crawford Knicks, pre-trade Melo Knicks and now these Lakers. It can't be a coincidence.[/quote]thanks sir...

Dude is not as bad and problematic as people say he is...

Rings can be so overrated if the player / coach doesn't have one... I think people get penalized too much for that...[/quote]Those silly rings. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom