[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
[quote name="Fontaine"][quote name="DarthSka"]Pop is a good coach, but buns compared to Phil.[/quote]:stoneface: :stoneface: [/quote]Care to actually elaborate on what you disagree with, champ? :lol:

Jesus H. Christ, it never ceases to amaze me how difficult it is for you guys to objectively offer constructive criticism. Blatant, unfiltered, 'positive talk only' loyalty is rampant... And disgusting.

some of you, it's so obvious that you read posts and interpret them as "That guy is saying ___________ absolutely sucks", or "That guy is saying ___________ is the greatest player ever."

It's called 'black and white' thinking; stop it.

I actually love Love, but him averaging more 3PA than the likes of Reggie Miller or KD... is extra bogus. [quote name="CP"]he adds 4 dimes to that. As in, more assists per game than anybody from a lowpost position[/quote]Lowpost? if he's a roaming around, spreading the floor, 7 3s a game... How is he lowpost? :nerd: Oh, because his position is PF? :lol:

and with all this being said, I'd be ecstatic if KLove were to ever join us, but the reason I would be ecstatic isn't because he's the perfect basketball player. Contrary to the loyalty you guys have for players you really like, there is no perfect basketball player. Every single one of them has criticisms.

Last edited:
Kaman is the worst on offense.

djJwWDt.gif

i dont see love as a #1 option on offense in the way kobe is where we can give him the ball at any time and he will find a way to score, we still need someone to do that (kobe, westbrook, kd, ect..) Love is a guy who we give the ball to when hes at his spots and he will score at a high rate, in this kind of role he is one of the best players in the nba and thats not even mentioning his rebounding. All championship teams need a guy like this, from duncan to shaq to pau to bosh and since we are not getting lamarcus, cousins or davis (a few guys off the top of my head that i would rather have on my team than love) love is the best option for us and that makes him a must have. melo on the other hand has a lot of obtainable substitutes that are younger and would fit better than him.

[quote name="sea manup"]i dont see love as a #1 option on offense in the way kobe is where we can give him the ball at any time and he will find a way to score, we still need someone to do that (kobe, westbrook, kd, ect..) Love is a guy who we give the ball to when hes at his spots and he will score at a high rate, in this kind of role he is one of the best players in the nba and thats not even mentioning his rebounding. All championship teams need a guy like this, from duncan to shaq to pau to bosh and since we are not getting lamarcus, cousins or davis (a few guys off the top of my head that i would rather have on my team than love) love is the best option for us and that makes him a must have. melo on the other hand has a lot of obtainable substitutes that are younger and would fit better than him.
[/quote]All o' that.

[quote name="sea manup"][QUOTE name="DarthSka"]Contrary to the loyalty you guys have for players you really like, there is no perfect basketball player. Every single one of them has criticisms.[/QUOTE]
View media item 705543
[/quote]:lol: when I typed that, I was going to say something like "Except for Da Blake Gawd", but I thought "Nah, I think everyone is done with that."

Nope. :lol:

You watched the game the other night, you didn't see him in the lowpost? :nerd:

All you saw was him launchin 3's? Out on the perimeter?

It's called 'black and white' thinking; stop it. *wink*

This a good time to mention that Love takes more 3's than Durant (shots worth more points) but Durant takes a lot of long 2's (shots worth fewer points) that Love doesn't? Should I bring that up here, orrrr.....???

Oh hey, good thing you helped me know to read between the lines more. Not ignore those little things like stats, or facts or any of that. "Eyeballs". :lol:

Hey tho, "more 3's" nothing else to examine bout that. *wink*

Jesus H. Christ, it never ceases to amaze me how difficult it is for you guys to objectively offer constructive criticism. Blatant, unfiltered, 'positive talk only' loyalty is rampant... And disgusting.

some of you, it's so obvious that you read posts and interpret them as "That guy is saying ___________ absolutely sucks", or "That guy is saying ___________ is the greatest player ever."

I actually love Love, but him averaging more 3PA than the likes of Reggie Miller or KD... is extra bogus. [quote name="CP"]he adds 4 dimes to that. As in, more assists per game than anybody from a lowpost position
Lowpost? if he's a roaming around, spreading the floor, 7 3s a game... How is he lowpost? :nerd: Oh, because his position is PF? :lol:

and with all this being said, I'd be ecstatic if KLove were to ever join us, but the reason I would be ecstatic isn't because he's the perfect basketball player. Contrary to the loyalty you guys have for players you really like, there is no perfect basketball player. Every single one of them has criticisms.[/quote]
What in the world...Please elaborate on how it's "extra bogus".

Kevin Love is 11th in touches per game within 12 feet of the basket, eighth in points per game within 12 feet of the basket (really sixth since Marc Gasol is out and Brandan Wright has barely played) and second among power forwards that get 30+ minutes in shots at the rim (behind David Lee).

Last edited:
Love and Westbrook both just need to come back to Los Angeles when the time comes, we'll be alright :D

I'm all for patience, but three more years after this for Westbrook to even test free agency is a long time.

[quote name="CP"]You watched the game the other night, you didn't see him in the lowpost? :nerd:

All you saw was him launchin 3's? Out on the perimeter?

It's called 'black and white' thinking; stop it. *wink*[/quote]Dude... :lol: Trying to school me on black & white thinking like you have a clue about it. :lol: That was cute. I've got an appreciation post for Kobe's retirement that will blow the minds of every single person who has following me on here... But I only think in terms of black and white. :lol: LeBron is my favorite player in the NBA, & I could go in the NBA thread right now and write a detailed post that would have everyone thinking that I hate the man. But I'm a black and white thinker. :lol: I saw Love in the post, and I've seen Love pass. He a PG now? since I've seen him pass, you're going to try to convince me he's a guard now, right? Because he passes? :lol: Yes, I see him in the post. No, he is not a low post player.

Some people argue to debate opposing views; some people argue to be right.

You're right. :smile:

If you want to intelligibly debate Love's flaws, get at me. Until then, you're right. He is the answer to not only our problems, but every problem in the entire universe, and whatever he is getting paid we should multiply that by 38... And that would almost be fair for him.

Last edited:
Hey, I was doin the same thing you did to me. You tried to put 7 3's on me as some indictment of his game and that I don't have my bases covered overall on his game. I just gave you the same black-white. :lol:

[quote name="CP"]Hey, I was doin the same thing you did to me.[/quote]False. I was talking about the way you post in general, overall; you're talking about one post of mine.

First of all. :lol:

Second, even that one post, like I said, I like Love, but I can definitely post about his flaws, no question; that's not 'black and white thinking', bruh. You obviously love him... And you're posting like he's blameless and the answer to every question we have. That's 'black and white thinking', no 'middle ground', also called 'all or nothing thinking', among other things.

Can we go back to discussing stats and fantasy league stuff and caffeinated green soda so you can have a more firm grasp on things, please? :\ This Socratic method stuff ain't your bag.

Last edited:
are you saying that I said that you said that he's the answer?

Because if I respond that I said you POST LIKE he's the answer, I don't want you to backtrack and say "Oh, no, I never said that you said that I said he was the answer."

So... are you saying that I said you said he's the answer? you suuuuure I said that you said that?

(I know you're stubborn, meaning you don't back down... so let's go. I would say you don't want to play this game with me, but leggo)

This is like a microcosm of how the Kobe and Shaq beef started.

But with more typing.

[quote name="had pants"]
828927619.gif
[/quote]:lol:

[quote name="PMatic"]This is like a microcosm of how the Kobe and Shaq beef started.

But with more typing.[/quote]:lol:

I like CP on here, though. Wouldn't want him gone if I had a choice.

Those 2 were DONE w/ each other.

Back
Top Bottom