[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
[quote name="sea manup"][QUOTE name="DarthSka"]In order:
- 2014 FA signings
- 2015 FA signings
- 2014 draft

I just... yes, I know that every few years, there's a draft like '96 and '84 and '03... but EVERY draft, EVERY year has Glenn Robinson, Kwame Brown, Mateen Cleaves, Darko, and the list literally goes on and on AND OOOONNNNN.

Say a couple years ago, I was looking at either luring in Ray Allen, or grabbing Anthony Davis in the upcoming draft. Upside to Davis is the franchise changing potential; defensive IQ, length, quick learning curve, excellent attitude, Upside to Ray Allen is... 3-ball. And... at THIS point in his career, that's it. This ain't the Bucks or Sonics Jesus. This dude is a 3-point threat, and that's it (and sometimes these days, even that's a stretch).

I would choose Ray.

**** potential.

I expect my Angels to make decisions on potential. Lakers? If I pick Ray and a few years after that decision, Ray is garbage for me and Davis is destroying the league, unload Ray and acquire Davis somehow.
[/QUOTE]

Ray Allen... one-dimensional shooter.

Sure. :lol:
[/quote]I know what I said. :lol:

What I meant w/ CP was that dumbing him down is missing his contribution entirely.

Dennis Rodman was just a one-dimensional rebounder.

Ben Wallace, one-dimensional post defender.

Nah, man, not everyone can contribute multiple facets to a championship attempt: for some, "Do one thing, and do it well."

Last edited:
Don't be fooled by Pau. This is his annual good game a month.

He'll go back to his charmin ways quickly.

[quote name="Kal-El-8"]Don't be fooled by Pau. This is his annual good game a month.

He'll go back to his charmin ways quickly.[/quote]Exactly. :lol: Someone called this a couple days ago. Probably you.

If only Pau would play help defense then I could say this is the type of game he should always bring.

Kaman HAS to be on the move. Zero burn again. Healthy DNP again. No way they can continue to burn a roster spot on him and not have a single healthy PG. Yes, Farmar returns soon. But Blake is indefinite and Nash.....hes off the radar completely.

No PT for Kaman doesn't necessarily mean he's on the move. He's just not worth playing. Not sure the Lakers can flip him for anyone of any worth.

[quote name="SenorRoboto2k5"]No PT for Kaman doesn't necessarily mean he's on the move. He's just not worth playing. Not sure the Lakers can flip him for anyone of any worth.[/quote]D-Fish? :nerd:

Charmin increasing his value

boardwalk-2.gif

Back
Top Bottom