[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
[quote name="CP"]Dude, I didn't even catch that earlier or I would have flipped the hell out.

Old *** Ray Allen over a 20 year old phenom? What. In. The. ****? :stoneface:

Man....
Ray Allen fills a role in the NBA... immediately.

You can't say that about any prospect. None of them.[/quote]

Yes, Shaq, Grant Hill, LeBron, Iverson, Rose, Davis, Duncan, Kyrie, Vince, Brand, Francis etc filled no roles. None.

But one dimensional shooter, need that. For 2-3 years.

Instead of a dozen.

Sure.

[quote name="CP"][quote name="DarthSka"][quote name="CP"]Dude, I didn't even catch that earlier or I would have flipped the hell out.

Old *** Ray Allen over a 20 year old phenom? What. In. The. ****? :stoneface:

Man....[/quote]Ray Allen fills a role in the NBA... immediately.

You can't say that about any prospect. None of them.[/quote]

Yes, Shaq, Grant Hill, LeBron, Iverson, Rose, Davis, Duncan, Kyrie, Vince, Brand, Francis etc filled no roles. None.

But one dimensional shooter, need that. For 2-3 years.

Instead of a dozen.

Sure.[/quote]Ray Allen... one-dimensional shooter.

Sure. :lol:

In order:

- 2014 FA signings

- 2015 FA signings

- 2014 draft

I just... yes, I know that every few years, there's a draft like '96 and '84 and '03... but EVERY draft, EVERY year has Glenn Robinson, Kwame Brown, Mateen Cleaves, Darko, and the list literally goes on and on AND OOOONNNNN.

Say a couple years ago, I was looking at either luring in Ray Allen, or grabbing Anthony Davis in the upcoming draft. Upside to Davis is the franchise changing potential; defensive IQ, length, quick learning curve, excellent attitude, Upside to Ray Allen is... 3-ball. And... at THIS point in his career, that's it. This ain't the Bucks or Sonics Jesus. This dude is a 3-point threat, and that's it (and sometimes these days, even that's a stretch).

I would choose Ray.

**** potential.

I expect my Angels to make decisions on potential. Lakers? If I pick Ray and a few years after that decision, Ray is garbage for me and Davis is destroying the league, unload Ray and acquire Davis somehow.
Ray Allen... one-dimensional shooter.

Sure.
laugh.gif

At 34+ Ska?

You didn't say rookie Ray, you said old man, lookin for a job in Miami Ray over Anthony freaking Davis!!!

Sacre beng #60th pick exceeded all expectations just by making it onto the court..

Everything else has been a bonus

^^yes...so kaveman for shump/udrich.

Then what happens with Farmar and Blake?

Whatever trade we do make... If we are getting a PG... Blake has to unfortunately go.. Unless you are willing to bench someone who deserves play time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom