[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
:lol: @ the new poll

Kobe, 30 to's in 5 games dawg. :smh: :x

6 a game for a guy that just became point guard last sunday...meh. with time, dude could probably be a servicable/decent pg, if it was all he focused on. mind you, deron williams averages 5.7 to's a game. westbrook 5.5 to's. both full time pg's.

i'm not excusing the bad decisions kb24 is making, and the risky passes, but i'm sure passing isn't as natural as breathing to him like scoring is. Sure he averages 5 asts a game, but its easier to make a pass when you're a scoring threat.

Last edited:
^^and how many of those r those passes to pau that were kwame'd/d12'd.

But yes, the stupid cross court passes and bounce passes in traffic must cease.

Depending on where the Lakers land in the lotto, I would absolutely trade the draft pick for MKG.

Depending on where the Lakers land in the lotto, I would absolutely trade the draft pick for MKG.

Gimme a range?

Cuz I ain't movin 1-8. 9-14, you could sell me, maybe.

I'd need to know who's coming out, and who's in front of me likely to **** up and let someone drop.

If I'm at 10 and my wants all get taken, then yeah, I could call Mike and do somethin.

Gimme a range?

Cuz I ain't movin 1-8. 9-14, you could sell me, maybe.

I'd need to know who's coming out, and who's in front of me likely to **** up and let someone drop.

If I'm at 10 and my wants all get taken, then yeah, I could call Mike and do somethin.
1-7, maybe 8 I'm keeping. 9-14 I would listen very carefully.

damn three pages to catch up on..

first off yes, Ska is right about the ray allen anthony davis thing. If forced to choose between proved talent and potential you pick talent every time

however...

its not a one or the other thing, keeping things realistic here, lets say there is a guy that we like thats probably going around the 8-11 range in the draft this year

and theres a guy like deng who is a free agent this year. 

of course if we have to pick between the two it would be deng 102% of the time but we dont need to choose, why cant we get that 8-11th pick AND sign deng on the off season?

there are a million ways to rebuild, there's the draft this year, there's free agency this year, there's free agency next year there's making trades this year there's making trades next year

but there is one thing that doesnt help at all when it comes to putting out the best team possible in two years and thats making the playoffs this year

if we play it right we can probably put together a contender just with the two free agent classes and a trade or two but seeing that it's very very very hard to win a NBA championship we need all the help we can get, and included in that "all the help we can get catagory" is drafting young talent.

damn three pages to catch up on..

first off yes, Ska is right about the ray allen anthony davis thing. If forced to choose between proved talent and potential you pick talent every time

however...

its not a one or the other thing, keeping things realistic here, lets say there is a guy that we like thats probably going around the 8-11 range in the draft this year

and theres a guy like deng who is a free agent this year. 

of course if we have to pick between the two it would be deng 102% of the time but we dont need to choose, why cant we get that 8-11th pick AND sign deng on the off season?

there are a million ways to rebuild, there's the draft this year, there's free agency this year, there's free agency next year there's making trades this year there's making trades next year

but there is one thing that doesnt help at all when it comes to putting out the best team possible in two years and thats making the playoffs this year

if we play it right we can probably put together a contender just with the two free agent classes and a trade or two but seeing that it's very very very hard to win a NBA championship we need all the help we can get, and included in that "all the help we can get catagory" is drafting young talent.
Hell no.

Last edited:
Dude, I didn't even catch that earlier or I would have flipped the hell out.

Old *** Ray Allen over a 20 year old phenom? What. In. The. ****? :stoneface:

Man....

since 1980 (33 years!) the only team that has won a championship without a star player that they drafted was the 2004 pistons

since 1980 (33 years!) the only team that has won a championship without a star player that they drafted was the 2004 pistons

Now you seein more clearly. :wink:

And that team still had Prince and Okur, and "should" have taken Melo or Wade, Bosh, etc instead of Darko.

[quote name="CP"]Dude, I didn't even catch that earlier or I would have flipped the hell out.

Old *** Ray Allen over a 20 year old phenom? What. In. The. ****? :stoneface:

Man....[/quote]Ray Allen fills a necessary, imperative role in the NBA... immediately.

You can't say that about any prospect. None of them.

Last edited:

Originally Posted by CP  
Dude, I didn't even catch that earlier or I would have flipped the hell out.

Old *** Ray Allen over a 20 year old phenom? What. In. The. ****?
indifferent.gif

Man....
Ray Allen fills a role in the NBA... immediately.

You can't say that about any prospect. None of them.
sacre fit his role of lovable lakers backup center that provides gif material from the bench immediately 

Honestly, I only started following the Lakers this year after Kobe came back. Can somebody explain to me why Nick Young is 3rd in the rotation after meeks? I thought he was going to be starting. Every time I watch a Lakers game he is putting up numbers in a short period of time, what is the deal?

Honestly, I only started following the Lakers this year after Kobe came back. Can somebody explain to me why Nick Young is 3rd in the rotation after meeks? I thought he was going to be starting. Every time I watch a Lakers game he is putting up numbers in a short period of time, what is the deal?
he's one of the main reasons our bench scores so many points each game

doesnt work as well playing alongside kobe

Back
Top Bottom