[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
'Potential' is a word that has been overly and immensely stretched. At this juncture however, what do we really got to lose.

Nothing is guaranteed via the draft.

Opportunity. Injury. System. Position transitions. Attitude. Money/fame.....and most of all...noy everyones college gm translates to nba play.

Good players r found all over the draft...all over the world.
Yes, the probability is higher when u dradt higher....

It has to be mix of solid drafts, whatever your draft position, proven vets via FA signings/trades...system...execution...and luck.

Don't see anything special in Emblid.

Exum and Parker are the future.

Wiggins will be a bust imo

Last edited:
:smh:

I figured you guys would all ignore the draft. :smh:

Spurs
Thunder
Pacers
Heat

Duncan, Parker, Manu, Kawhi
Durant, Russ, Ibaka
George, Hibbert, Stephenson
Wade (and then add 2 guys)

Warriors, Curry, Klay, Barnes
Blazers, LMA and Lillard and Batum.....

Bulls, MJ, Scottie
Jazz, Stockton and Malone
Lakers drafted Magic, Worthy, Scott, Green, Nick, Eddie, Kobe (draft day trade) Bynum, Farmar, hell Marc Gasol.
Celtics draft Bird, McHale and Parrish on draft day deals.
Sonics built on Kemp and Payton

The two teams that have won titles with FA signings, Boston and Miami. Both had drafted one of those stars. Wade and Pierce. Without them, they don't get Bron/Bosh or KG/Allen

Mavs title? Dirk.

Clippers, Blake Griffin. No Blake, no Chris Paul.

The draft gives you, GIVES you, a Franchise player, for FOUR years at less than 5-6-7 mil per season. Then you can sign them to their first extension for an extra 3-4 years at like 48-50 mil, whatever Curry got last year. Pennies on the dollar. Pennies.

Signing a FA like Melo, Shaq, Bron, how often do those bring you a title, or contention for a title? How often? 1-2 times a decade?

Draft picks are the lifeblood of the league. And we have folks in here talkin about the failures. :smh: That's because those teams are ****** idiots. If your team isn't an idiot, then you draft just fine, and you dominate. You contend. You matter.

Come on guys.

The draft is also important because the salaries are fixed and cheap. These are also the players that Mitch can go over the salary cap threshold for, once those deals expire.

Remember, once the books are cleared and the Lakers fall beneath the threshold, they can't just choose to go back over it.

The Knicks should be a cautionary tale about having to fill roster spots 5-10 with cheap, one-year vets year after year.

Last edited:
i agree with CP. it would be nice to see the development of (hopefully) the next franchise player for the Lakers. i am ready

and just to add to his post, gsw extended curry for cheap since he had his ankle issues that year prior. i have no doubts that curry would have received more had he been healthy

Last edited:
Next Poll:

If you had to choose 1, who would you like to see back in the purple and gold next season?

1. S.Williams
2. Xavier Henry
3. My boy dirty rock aka Kaman
4.Nick Young
5. Swagless P aka Pau
6. J.Hill
7. W. Johnson
8. Blake daGawd
9. Ears
10. Meeks

Next Poll:

If you had to choose 1, who would you like to see back in the purple and gold next season?

1. S.Williams
2. Xavier Henry
3. My boy dirty rock aka Kaman
4.Nick Young
5. Swagless P aka Pau
6. J.Hill
7. W. Johnson
8. Blake daGawd
9. Ears
10. Meeks

Jordan Hill by far..

But just in order

6, 10 , 7, 9, 4, 8, 2, 1, 3, 5

CP, the more you post, the more I realize you are entirely too one-sided to debate w/. 
laugh.gif
 Like, I seriously wish I would have realized this before.

I mean, millions of words before.

You think ANYONE in their right mind fails to recognize that those dudes you mentioned were drafted? C'mon, man.

But... championship Shaq, championship Lebron, championship Jesus, championship Garnet, championship Pau: moved teams to do so.

But since MJ, Scottie, Bird, Magic, Kobe, Wade, Duncan, Parker, Manu, and Dirk won chips w/ their original teams, then DRAFT OR BUST. NOTHING else matters. There are 3 options here:
1. Draft someone

2. Draft someone else

3. Tank... for the next draft.

laugh.gif

CP, the more you post, the more I realize you are entirely too one-sided to debate w/. :lol:  Like, I seriously wish I would have realized this before.

I mean, millions of words before.

You think ANYONE in their right mind fails to recognize that those dudes you mentioned were drafted? C'mon, man.

But... championship Shaq, championship Lebron, championship Jesus, championship Garnet, championship Pau: moved teams to do so.

But since MJ, Scottie, Bird, Magic, Kobe, Wade, Duncan, Parker, Manu, and Dirk won chips w/ their original teams, then DRAFT OR BUST. NOTHING else matters. There are 3 options here:

1. Draft someone
2. Draft someone else
3. Tank... for the next draft.

:lol:

KG, and Allen were traded for. For what? Draft picks. Al Jefferson, the #5 pick, etc. Joined the Drafted Paul Pierce, Rondo, and Perkins.

Bron and Shaq, yes, they are exceptions. However, they joined Wade and Kobe, draft day pieces.

Pau? Traded for. With? Crittenton, Marc Gasol, and a future draft pick. Same as KG/Allen

You're telling me I argue one side, yet I've used nothing but facts in this case. I'm sorry for doing so. I hope we just keep rooting for that 18th pick every year, maybe someday the rest of you guys will catch up on how that works out.

Yeezus:

^ After he got thrown out of his final game LA

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom