[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
Pringles had something going with set rotations during the stretch where we beat bk, det, gs, NO, sac..etc..

Now, those same jumpers just arent falling and integrating kobe....who isnt even looking to take over gms, makes it look worse.

On top, the tm defense is even worse..From interior d, rotations, communication/intensity (lack thereof)...

Combine that with no farmar, who has not only energized the tm..but closed out a few gms when blake wasnt his best...

Living by the J..dying by it..integrating kob...pau having a roller coaster go of it....farmar/blake out....

How do u fix?

Farmar back on fri. Kobe needs to get back up to 35 mins/gm and looking to attack while getting the other wings shots.Better tm defense. More consistent rotations by pringles.

You hit it on the head. There is not one problem to fix. The team is not built well on multiple levels, and it's starting to show. The Lakers more or less struck gold in that run before Kobe came back to be semi-successful.

I think Kobe looks good. It's not so much anyone's fault, just changing dynamics. MDA has to see who fits together all over again. I'm not sure anyone can do that... I'm surprised anyone could the first time.

The most tangible problem is the D and D rebounding. The Lakers are leaving shooters open too much, even for an average/bad team. It's infuriating to watch.

Last edited:

sat a few rows behind the lakers bench last nite and this is what I noticed:

-Pau is a playing like a traded man (in his mind already)
-every time the hawks scored and Kobe was in, Carroll was up in his grill pressuring the ball
-as much as I can't stand Swaggy P, he was the only offensive threat last nite
-they run the same sets over and over on offense, and I thought D'Antoni was an offensive genius
-in the fourth quarter after Kobe got back in with about 7 minutes or so they ran the same pin down, post up play on EVERY possession with Kobe in. To Gasol's defense I can see how that can get frustrating. As well as Gasol complaining about the offense. But running that same play is what D'Antoni said he didn't want to see with people standing around. well that's what you got
-Jordan Hill was going hard for rebounds, while Gasol was just watching
-I think it's going to be this time next year before Kobe gets it back, With all the pump fakes in traffic and no explosion it really looked like a Michael Jordan Wizards impersonation.
-when Kobe was on the bench,or they were pressuring him that he couldn't get the ball to bring it up the team looked lost. Especially when Kobe was off the floor, just athletes on the floor that couldn't run an offense.
-when Kobe had the ball stolen from him from behind, he was HEATED, it probably was ugly in the locker room after that
-offensive rebounds and not be able to guard on defense killed them
-i was not on the tanking bus or missing the playoffs to get a good pick, but from what I saw last nite it's not a bad idea...

^boom.
the 28-12 run, it was the same offensive sets. 2 or 3. High pick for kobe, horns, kobe on the left block and steve blake probing. Not much else, which is an onus on pringles to am extent (this yr) with the integration of kobe with this personnel.

Carroll was picking up kobe full court all 2nd half.......my mans legs were tired and he cannot continue to be the primary ball handler. The FO shouldve brought someone in as soon as farmar tore his hammy. Now its an absolute black hole. In a pringles offense, a probing PG is crucial. We have none. How does that work.

I still think kobe is better than wiz MJ. This isnt it.

This team is garbage.
They aren't living to Laker standards.
I really don't see a Laker 'chip coming anytime in any of most niketalker's lifetimes.

We'll be gone from this Earth before they hang another one.

This team is garbage.
They aren't living to Laker standards.
I really don't see a Laker 'chip coming anytime in any of most niketalker's lifetimes.

We'll be gone from this Earth before they hang another one.
there is a cp/ska age joke to be made here.....

So Deezy is older than me, yet I am the one that is always in all the old jokes. :lol: :smh:

And people STILL voting, and voting wrong? It's an open book test you tools. The answer is already in the thread, how the hell people keep voting wrong? :rofl:

All the above. Dont 2016 FA (KD).

Its just gonna be a disappointment on 2 fronts.

1-a 1st rnder between 13-18 in 2014.
2-when, not if, pau is exiled to chi/nyk/memph/wherever...we will abaorb a big contract that expires in 15 or 16.

Can't it be both 2014 draft and 2015 FA signing? Say we get a solid rookie in the draft (basketball gods pls), it's just a first step to our rebuilding plan. We gotta sign players for next season, don't overspend on players just to sign one. Develop the team we have and look for a major piece in the coming 2015 FA.

Can we sign both Love and Russy in '15 or just one for it to work financially?

Last edited:
All of it, but I think you know that CP :lol:

The Lakers could land two or three stars in free agency but they'd still be a bad team. They need to start building the rest of the roster too.

Best case: the Lakers have their own core of talent built up, which is possible via cheap rookie deals. Remember Pau came in '08 and the team already had some of its own young talent in place: Farmar, Turiaf, Vujacic, Walton (who was no longer on his rookie deal, but still), plus they added a young player running out of chances in Ariza, and of course they had Bynum on top for the next year.

Worst case: the Knicks. Get your star(s) or big money players then start buying up whatever you can every year. Sometimes it works (last year), a lot of times it doesn't (this year).

In order:

- 2014 FA signings

- 2015 FA signings

- 2014 draft

I just... yes, I know that every few years, there's a draft like '96 and '84 and '03... but EVERY draft, EVERY year has Glenn Robinson, Kwame Brown, Mateen Cleaves, Darko, and the list literally goes on and on AND OOOONNNNN.

Say a couple years ago, I was looking at either luring in Ray Allen, or grabbing Anthony Davis in the upcoming draft. Upside to Davis is the franchise changing potential; defensive IQ, length, quick learning curve, excellent attitude, Upside to Ray Allen is... 3-ball. And... at THIS point in his career, that's it. This ain't the Bucks or Sonics Jesus. This dude is a 3-point threat, and that's it (and sometimes these days, even that's a stretch).

I would choose Ray.

**** potential.

I expect my Angels to make decisions on potential. Lakers? If I pick Ray and a few years after that decision, Ray is garbage for me and Davis is destroying the league, unload Ray and acquire Davis somehow.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom