[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
As a person of sarcasm, I hope you understand that some people... REALLY... don't like it. Others don't get it, but LOTS don't like it.

I decide who I let my hair down for and who gets the reserved side of me. NT gets the reserved side.

Earlier this year, my second shift with this one manager, Hannah. She's telling what had to be the single most boring story in the history of narrating. Like, we were all sitting around listening, because she's a manager, and we were totally dead from her boring *** boring story.

So at the end of her story, I ask "Hmph. You know what's really interesting about that?"

She looks at me all super happy and
happy.gif
ing that someone showed interested in her boring story and answers "What?"

And I shake my head really slowly from side to side and say "Absolutely nothing."

*shrugs*

I'm pretty much sarcastic like that all the time... and it is definitely doesn't go over so well all the time. And like, I think I'm joking at the moment, and people crack up, like they cracked up at that moment after a 2-second pause... but that manager stormed off and I swear to god she didn't talk to me for like 2 weeks.

I'm not exaggerating on that 2 weeks. I would say something to her, "Morning, Hannah." Nothing.

Yes, I get it. But on their end (L2B, et al), I get that people like that don't like it. And on our end (you, me, fellow sarcastic jerks), I get that some people don't like. And I don't care. I'll hold back my sarcasm for situations where I feel it should be held back; I'm not holding back for people.

Hannah ended up quitting after one more shift of me and her working together.

Last edited:
LEGIT LULZ

(I swear, I will never shake the Flanders moniker on here.
laugh.gif
Which is ironic now because of how far from Flanders I am now, despite who I was when I joined in '03.)

Last edited:
ska, the WNBA logo was too elongated for me to use without making things more awkward. |I

I guess. People may not like sarcasm, or whatever, but why they care I do not, nor will I ever, understand.

Hannah ended up quitting after one more shift of me and her working together.

So there was a happy ending at least, that's good. :lol:

Trust me.

It's not the sarcasm that people have a problem with.
Ska I like you am a very sarcastic person in real life too.
I dont mind harmless sarcasm.

Like when CP said 67%, talk to me. I admit, at that moment i did overreact.
It was clever and funny, sort of sarcastic... and if i wasnt so upset over a bunch of things at the time i would of laughed initially instead of acting so sensitive... I can admit when i make a mistake. I should of laughed at that and moved on.

So those jokes aren't what people get upset over.
Its the fact that anyones opinion is absolutely stupid if it is not the same as CP's.
Its not said directly, but in a subtle way it is implied in various ways, at various times...including the mocking that you've mentioned.

You look at it as being 'happy joy joy'... when all it simply can be is respectfully disagreeing.
It doesnt have to be so condescending when you disagree with someone or you think they're wrong.

That, at the end of the day is the root of the 'problem' of which people like Kal El speak of.

Nothing against whit and humor.
And nothing against anyone on a personal level.

Because at the end of the day without CP the Lakers thread experience would suck.
Same goes for Ska.
Same goes for P.
Same goes for ACB.

Okay, now i've gone too far.

Last edited:
Just saying, I'm not asking you to change, or even suggesting it.

Just trying to help you understand where people are coming from w/ all this disgust and what not.

Doesn't bother me at all, because I recognize sarcasm, and because I recognize that you're not the end all, be all of any topic.

But you seem confused at people being 'off set', and I'm confused at that confusion.
laugh.gif

(Hannah made sure to write me up for being unprofessional before she left. I sent her flowers to her new job, w/ a card that said "Totally miss your sincere smiles and awesome stories." Fellow employee here told me she's not past calling the cops on me for harassment, so that's the end of that. Suffice it to say 2 things hold true: she was NOT a fan of banter/sarcasm at work, and she is probably hoping I had rusty nails for lunch today.)

Man, I thought the 67 talk to me was a great line. Thought for sure only laughing would come of that.

Boy was I wrong. :lol:

Hannah, hot? Not hot? Where we at there? Conservative blouse, hair up, glasses maybe?

Same goes for ACB.

Now THIS is funny. :lol:

Hannah, hot? Not hot? Where we at there? Conservative blouse, hair up, glasses maybe?
If you find Roseanne Barr hot, then Hannah was for you.

She's like a super smiley, boisterous, bouncy Roseanne Barr look-a-like.

Looked exactly like Roseanne, but nothing like Roseanne's personality; Roseanne is far less annoying and fake.
laugh.gif

[QUOTE url="/t/570758/lakers-2013-14-season-thread-pre-season-10-10-vs-rck-shaq-new-poll/720#post_18888256"]
Ska I like you am a very sarcastic person in real life too.
Sorry, not buying it. :lol:
[/quote]

:lol: it's okay I know there's no way for me to prove it over the Internet. But I assure you, it's gotten me into a lotttttt of trouble in my life. I promise you. :lol:

pmatic pmatic ........no 2nd rounder next year. Meaning, have to get full value out of our #1.

2015 1st to Phoenix, but it's top 5 protected. We also have no 2nd in 2015, however, it is protected 31-40.

Sounds freaking insane, but possible to let it all go this year, finish with say......8th pick. Pau walks. Kobe would be, Iono, pissed probably, maybe he bails.

Not go after huge FA. 2014 becomes HUGE tank, get top 5 in 2015, keep our pick, and try to build with 2014 #8 + 2015 top 5, then have absolute clear cap with Nash gone, and go forward into 2016?

You looked at any of that yet? Too soon?

At some point, 2016 would then flip to Phoenix, and 2018 to ORLD.

@PMatic........no 2nd rounder next year. Meaning, have to get full value out of our #1.

2015 1st to Phoenix, but it's top 5 protected. We also have no 2nd in 2015, however, it is protected 31-40.

Sounds freaking insane, but possible to let it all go this year, finish with say......8th pick. Pau walks. Kobe would be, Iono, pissed probably, maybe he bails.

Not go after huge FA. 2014 becomes HUGE tank, get top 5 in 2015, keep our pick, and try to build with 2014 #8 + 2015 top 5, then have absolute clear cap with Nash gone, and go forward into 2016?

You looked at any of that yet? Too soon?

At some point, 2016 would then flip to Phoenix, and 2018 to ORLD.
Still think Laker's power move is not gonna be lebron or melo.

It's gonna be one of the guys from Okc when they become free agents.

Until then, they keep flexilbilty and hopefully, draft well.

Wow so the only shot shot eazy earl was the 3 I saw on the highlights the other day? :x

Back
Top Bottom