[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
I didn't know CP was Shaq. :nerd:

Shaquille O'Neal has some advice for former teammate Kobe Bryant when the rivals play against each other for the first time -- stay out of the lane.

"If you've got a Corvette that runs into a brick wall, you know what's gonna happen," he said in a halftime interview on ABC's "Monday Night Football." "He's a Corvette. I'm a brick wall. So you know what's gonna happen."

Totally get that. But he said Kobe would come back AS explosive, if not more than he was last year, or year before, etc.

And healthy or not, explosion does not increase at 35-36-37, no matter how in shape you are, or how great your enhancements are.

Kobe obviously won't be AS explosive as he's been in the past.

why are you guys even having this discussion?

You act as if this is the only matter you're stubborn on.

Some fans think this team could be solid, "we're delusional"

and a bunch of other crap I'm too tired to recall right now.

You make extremely solid points, 99.9 % of the time you speak facts, you write extremely well. You're actually one of my favorite sports niketalkers.

but you're arrogant as hell and it makes me
mad.gif

:lol:

Sorry, for speaking facts 99.9% of the time and being arrogant?

Thank you GTB, your post sums it up wonderfully.

Sorry for being an ***hole folks.

I'm the wall, while you all insist an old man with high mileage will come back off an achilles, explosive.

I'm the wall tho.

laugh.gif
Why aren't you a world reknowned scientist or a therapist?

That's a rhetorical question, but here's a real answer: because you don't know everything there is to know about the body and the psyche.

You definitely have a limited understanding; I do, too, but I'm not acting like what I know is the gospel, undeniable truth and laughing at those who disagree with my perfect mental library of undeniable facts, the only place I speak from, opinions be damned.

You do. Hence, brick wall.

Someone else said something earlier that would probably make you choke if you said it or cause your fingers to crumble if you typed it: "I don't have to be right all the time. if I'm wrong I will be man enough to admit it."

I think you think that there are times when you're right, and then times when you're a little less right.

But wrong? P-shaw.

Last edited:
And yes, a person can be... CAN BE... more explosive at age x than they were at age x - y.

Or as explosive.

You can have the opinion that it's impossible, but science and real life examples trump your opinion, no matter how factual the foundation of your opinion.

I know that you're not Kobe, or Kobe's trainer, or anyone's trainer, or anyone's doctor, or in the medical field at all, so I don't get as frustrated as others w/ your smugness.

I've said on this board SEVERAL times when I've been wrong.

I'm wrong all the damn time.

When we get there, I'll say it without qualm.

But what I won't do is sit here and change my line of thinking because 5-6-7-8 guys are upset over what I type in my own words, in my own team thread. :lol:

First of all, I'm sort of a Kobe fan.

Second, I was absolutely adamant that Kobe will still be Kobe when he returns, only without the same skills he once had, more on guile and know how and saviness.

He'll get his 25+, 5 rebounds, 5 assists or close to those marks, because that's who he is. He finds ways, he'll do OTHER things to reach those marks. For instance, he should absolutely shoot 95% from the free throw line this year. Why? Because that's the only shot he can take with an achilles. No reason for him not to be superb at it this season. He should have 6 months of free throws under his belt. WILL he shoot 95% this year? Probably not, but he should.

I'm saying nothing ridiculous. He will not have the same explosion. Don't mean he won't ever dunk again, doesn't mean he won't elevate on a fadeaway one in a while, but he will not be what he was at 29. I'm not crazy for saying that, or believing it. If he comes out like freakin Nate Rob on Halloween, then I'll come in and say hey, the HGH he takes is better than most, props to him for being better than I thought he would be. And I would be glad to do so.

Everyone can please pull their skirts back down now. Stop giving a **** what CP says and ignore me if it bothers y'all so damn much. :lol:

Jesus Christ. Getting psycho analysed in the draft thread, and now more hurt feelings in here. Let me post people!!! :lol:

*cue Clapping .gif for Skas posts*

(black and white theater crowd with cp clapping in the 60s or The Rock...either one is perfect)

Last edited:
Why am I the guy clapping in the black and white gif? Man, Ska older than I am dammit. :lol:

you guys are both old and have no explosion

sure you guys can explode off your office seats and make a quick dash to the printer once in a while but can you do it for a full calendar year?

thought so

Sure, I need to post happy joy joy thoughts so other people in the world can function better?

Yeah, I'll pass and just be me. Thx :lol:

you guys are both old and have no explosion

sure you guys can explode off your office seats and make a quick dash to the printer once in a while but can you do it for a full calendar year?

thought so

I have a printer on my desk tho. No explosion needed.

I had it during kickball tho. :wink:

Annnnnnnnd that's how I dislocated my shoulder, so, yeah, explosion needs to be kept in check. :lol:

Happy, joy, joy? Yeaaaahno.

Refraining from mocking opinions different than yours? Hey, try it on for size.

And yes, the success/failure of Kobe's return is, indeed, an opinion.

The sun is hot. Laugh at anyone who says it's a cold ball of cheddar.

"Kobe will not be as explosive" is an opinion, no matter the facts behind that opinion. "Kobe will be more explosive"; same thing.

Realizing someone else's opinion is different, and neither yours or theirs is quantifiable, which deems neither one more or less silly, that's not 'happy, joy, joy'.

Tolerant? Understanding? Mature? Sure.

And on the topic of unquantifiable opinions, if someone were to posite that Peyton and the Broncos won't win another game this season and he'll finish the year w/ 20+ interceptions, I'd laugh at that opinion my damn self... until they showed me something that gave that opinion merit. With the understanding I currently have, there's no way he's finishing w/ 20+ INTs and no more wins, but that's WITH THE UNDERSTANDING I CURRENTLY HAVE. Give me something that could make me understand differently, and I might.

There are PLEEEEENTY of things to support TONS of opinions that differ from yours on MANY examples; if you don't want to see them or just continuously refute them or laugh at them, that's you.

But entertaining those ideas isn't 'happy, joy, joy'.

Now we're talking about philosophy.

Go Lakers.

And stuff.

Last edited:
Happy, joy, joy? Yeaaaahno.

Saw Demolition Man on tv last night......

Now we're talking about philosophy.

Now we're lost, I got none of that.

If I don't bow down immediately to a post, I'm mocking it? If I say you're crazy (an expression as much as it is an actual observation) I'm mocking?

I have no idea what the issue is, if I'm an ***hole, great, I'm an ***hole. Everyone can live their lives still.

I've posted the same way, every post, since the very first time I posted and went for Zo's throat. :smokin

I am, who I am. No one should care one damn bit. Post what they want, we'll either chop it up, or ignore. They can quote and yell at me, or ignore me. I can quote and "mock" them, or ignore them. Why on earth are we talking about this? I feel like I should be typing on a black leather couch.

I apologize, Kobe will be 26 year old Kobe this year and next. He will guide us to the playoffs. Everyone happy now? Am I ok to keep posting? Do I need to sacrifice a goat or anything?

Last edited:
 If I don't bow down immediately to a post, I'm mocking it?
No. If you laugh at it, you're mocking it. That's pretty much a general understanding. You say the Jags are going to make the playoffs, I laugh at you: I'm mocking you. You say an all-ice cream diet will get you toned and healthy, I laugh at you: I'm mocking you.

Sorry you didn't get the memo.

Now you've got it.

And the reason I'm talking about this, personally, is because I revel any conversation that is even remotely close to a discussion of personality.

And the reason I know what I'm talking about (undeniably, forever and always, with all forms of laughing emoticons directed towards anyone who disagrees with me in this discussion) is because I am a SSSSSUUUPPPPPPPRREEEEEMMMEEEE sarcastic JERK offline, and everyone who knows me in person knows that about me. Bosses, coworkers, my ex-wife, closest friends, nemesis'... but I know what it is that defines that personality, because I 'turn it off' sometimes. NikeTalk is one of those times. I'm like all 'staffy' and try to be all pc or whatever on here, so as not to set a poor example of what we want on here.

I apologize, Kobe will be 26 year old Kobe this year and next. He will guide us to the playoffs. Everyone happy now? Am I ok to keep posting? Do I need to sacrifice a goat or anything?

I swear CP is typing this stuff with a big *** troll smile on his face. :lol:

I don't get sarcastic people.

At all.

*smiley face*

I laugh at everything man. I guess that means I mock everything too.

That car accident I was in, livid, wanted to kill dude til I see he's some old man. Can't kill some old man, so I chill.
Wife is ok, I'm ok, but car is DONE. Done.

Fire dept comes, grab an axe, an axe y'all and start swingin at my hood, I walk up behind them, "hey!!"...."what'dya doin????"

"I'm gonna try and have this repaired"

They hold for about 2 seconds, then start crackin up.

I laugh at everything. Tell jokes, "mock(I guess)" make fun of my own self, exagerate, and just generally giggle at anything I'm around. It's just me.

Same today, as I was in Feb 07. Gon be the same in June of 19.

The wall.......

......of knowledge.

Back
Top Bottom