[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
WHY SKA WHY 
frown.gif

Sounds like the thought process is similar to what we already knew, but with diff names.

We had all spoken about getting 1 max in 2014, and 2 maxes in 2015. As an example, Melo 2014, Love and Rondo in 2015. Y'all remember those convos?

LA has similar idea, only they INCLUDE Kobe as one of the maxes.

As an example, Melo 2014, Rondo 2015, AND Kobe. Kobe = the #3 Max.

Greedy folk like myself, wanted Melo, Love, Rondo AND Kobe. ( :lol: )

* sidenote, I am not saying Melo/Love/Rondo is the 3 I want at all costs, just using their names as the examples.

So, LA believes they can sign one max in 2014, and then one more max in 2015. Kobe + 2014 Draft Pick will be the other parts of the puzzle.

If you check the Spurs, they had Old Duncan, Manu and TP and then mid rd 1 lotto guy in Kawhi.

Old Kobe (old Duncan)
Max 2014 (Tony Parker)
Max 2015 (Manu)
2014 mid round lotto (Kawhi)

1-2 year window for title contention.

I assume, this is their game plan. And if we can develop and keep X, Wes, Farmar, etc on the cheap cheap, then they become the Danny Green's, Boris Diaw types to fill out the roster.

Jordan Hill, I wonder if we sell him. :nerd:

Pau, Blake, Kaman, Nick Young, sell please. Meeks too if you can.

Sell everything but Jeannie.

I think Ska and I are related in some way. :lol: :lol: :lol:

He's just smarter.......

And can delete me from NT. :lol: :lol:

And yo, I'm the one that posted Good Will Hunting, not LTB. Come on fam.

Yeah.kob was gonna be one of the max players no matter what. 1 max/1 other decent fA and/or full MLE plus vets min signings and a #1. Srs, look at the 14 fa list...its alot of the same guys sans lbj/melo/wade/bosh..etc..and thats assuming they even terminate early.

Ah, I like to speedread, but that's not happening. Were gonna get one decent player, and scrubs to fill out the squad.

I actually appreciate that post by Ska.
No sarcasm.

I feel what you're saying.
Instead if fighting it I'm going to learn from it, real talk.

I know this is just NT, but it's scary realizing how transparent some of my flaws are to you just based on my posting in a Laker forum.
It's actually quite a bit of a reality check. If you can read me like that here, how easy am I to read in person? :smh:

So yeah, I gotchu darthska darthska

View media item 668481

as long as you pass up on as many chicks as you score 
wink.gif
It's not so much me passing up as many chicks as I score on... as much as it is getting passed on like 8 times as many chicks as I score on. :lol: Excellent father, great w/ kids, which brings them in... then they realize I'm a jerk, and search for dambs regularly, and can't ever find any. Then it's curtains. And no dambs are given about that, either. I've got a healthy, happy son. Literally need, or care about, nothing else. :smokin

Lol@this outrage over something we all knew was coming.

Sign 1...kobe, will u consider a paycut?
Kob-scoffs, and gives the "we'll see" approach (im all about my business)

Sign 2...jim buss-"making kobe a laker for life is the top priority"

Sign 3..(before dwight negotiations)...."I can play at a high level for 2 or 3 more yrs"....13-14,14-15,15-16....

LAL didnt wanna go into FA neg. Cap hold hanging over their head. Im glad this is out of the way.

Peesonally, u expected about 18-20 per thru fa negotiations. Minimum.

So 23.5 and 25 thru extension, although somewhat high..doesnt put me up in arms at 2 yrs.

LA aint on lebrons radar...melo...meh....its luol deng and a few other fringe all stars plus rfas like bledsoe or monroe who may or not be matched....outside LBJ...I think this next yrs FA class wasnt worth the hoopla.

Besides....the cap in 14 will be in the low 60s..which is almost a 10 mill increase over this past summer.

Stretch provision Nash and enter FA negotiations with everybody else(hill/young/farmar/x/wes/pau)/renounce a few bird rights to a guy here and there and its not as bad.

Whatves..im happy to see kobe locked up...

thank you for helping bring some sense to this thread. what did people really think was gonna happen this offseason? every scenario but Kobe+lebron+melo is still alive, and even that is technically alive just slightly more of a longshot than it already was

and all these petty long winded arguments where people try to be cute reminds me why I have avoided this thread over the years. we are mostly all grown men right? if it's not about hoops how about we not even acknowledge it and keep it moving instead of bickering like little girls all the time

Don't lie Ska, how many trips to the mall with kid in tow? Couple a week? :nerd:

Cuz walk thru a mall with a 1 year old little girl, dressed in pink, diapers on & ****, carry her around, it's like walkin in as a Backstreet Boy or somethin. They flock to that like no other.

Ladies, ladies, sorry, I'm taken. No you can't babysit, ok maybe you can over there with the blonde hair and I think you're wearing a shirt, you can watch her, I need the help.........

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited:

as long as you pass up on as many chicks as you score 
wink.gif
It's not so much me passing up as many chicks as I score on... as much as it is getting passed on like 8 times as many chicks as I score on.
laugh.gif
Excellent father, great w/ kids, which brings them in... then they realize I'm a jerk, and search for dambs regularly, and can't ever find any. Then it's curtains. And no dambs are given about that, either. I've got a healthy, happy son. Literally need, or care about, nothing else.
smokin.gif
as someone who has been told "you dont seem to care about much" one too many times, I can tell you that saying "i honestly dont care" when I actually dont care is a great feeling 
pimp.gif

It will be interesting to see how the Lakers fill out their roster, this year and the next.

Having Bird Rights is only an advantage after you've signed your stars via free agency, and hit the salary cap wall.

Whoever they keep after this year is a detriment to the cap space for 2015... unless it's another one-year and/or small deal.

I know this is just NT, but it's scary realizing how transparent some of my flaws are to you just based on my posting in a Laker forum.
It's actually quite a bit of a reality check. If you can read me like that here, how easy am I to read in person?
mean.gif
Don't take it to heart, man. My field is Behavioral Analysis. 
wink.gif
 (srs) And I'm sure there are some that can also 'read' people online with some level of accuracy, and they might say "Man, I'm no behavioral analyst and I can read that ****", and my response is that they should consider the field if it's that easy for them.

And then there are those who just like to think they have some sort of intuition and get stuck on whatever they think about people.

Well, off work. Quite an eventful day in Lakerland and NT. My conjecture a lot of people have already:

1276798322_drinking-a-jug-in4-secs.gif

Can someone explain whether the Kobe thing is a good or atrocious thing... Like one of those "hopefully the chips fall in the right places" type things, or just a dumb move by the Lakers?

I'm currently leaning towards atrocious.... :x

Back
Top Bottom