[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
Can someone explain whether the Kobe thing is a good or atrocious thing... Like one of those "hopefully the chips fall in the right places" type things, or just a dumb move by the Lakers?

I'm currently leaning towards atrocious.... :x
On the negative side, the Cap has been at 57-58 mil for the past 4 years.

You snag Melo and you're right at 50 mil in the next off-season with Kobe's deal and this year's pick.

A 2nd max deal is out of the question until Kobe retires.

So they miss out on max players in the '15 free agency class which includes Kevin Love, Rondo, & Aldridge.

On the plus side, they're set up for Durant in '16.

as long as you pass up on as many chicks as you score 
wink.gif
It's not so much me passing up as many chicks as I score on... as much as it is getting passed on like 8 times as many chicks as I score on.
laugh.gif
Excellent father, great w/ kids, which brings them in... then they realize I'm a jerk, and search for dambs regularly, and can't ever find any. Then it's curtains. And no dambs are given about that, either. I've got a healthy, happy son. Literally need, or care about, nothing else.
smokin.gif
as someone who has been told "you dont seem to care about much" one too many times, I can tell you that saying "i honestly dont care" when I actually dont care is a great feeling 
pimp.gif

Yyyyyyyyeeep!!! I've annoyed so many people who I could totally tell were trying to get at me, so we get into this verbal 'thing', and they storm off. #feelsgoodman 
smokin.gif

I'm like you; I've have had all kinds of people tell me I'm super chill, unflappable, don't care don't care don't care. I don't get pissed, like ever, don't let things bother me, don't care about the opinions of people who don't have my best interest in mind, and generally maintain a playful sarcasm that is often mistaken for arrogance, which I'm also ok with.

CP: man, that whole myth about single dads pulling chicks is exactly that: a myth. You're married, right? Wear a ring, right? Even if you're not and you don't, chicks can tell you're taken, so they flock. Not the same if they know you're on the prowl. 
laugh.gif

Telling a top 3 player in the history of your franchise to kick rocks is never a good look. Plus, just kobe by himself would bring in money for the lakers so if we're talking business wise it always makes sense.

Honestly if there were some big FAs i would feel differently, but there's nobody for us in 14, and Love in 15 if he decides to opt out.

I guess I'm just not surprised

Last edited:
So much more respect for Dirk, KG and Duncan who took pay cuts for the benefit for the team.

I needed Kobe to take that route. :smh:

You are worth what someone will pay for you. Mitch overpaid and Kobe signed happily.

WORST CASE SCENARIO for me....If we take this team, sign Pau to an extension and go after and get Melo. :x :x

Can someone explain whether the Kobe thing is a good or atrocious thing... Like one of those "hopefully the chips fall in the right places" type things, or just a dumb move by the Lakers?

I'm currently leaning towards atrocious.... :x
On the negative side, the Cap has been at 57-58 mil for the past 4 years.

You snag Melo and you're right at 50 mil in the next off-season with Kobe's deal and this year's pick.

A 2nd max deal is out of the question until Kobe retires.

So they miss out on max players in the '15 free agency class which includes Kevin Love, Rondo, & Aldridge.

On the plus side, they're set up for Durant in '16.

They can still offer a 2nd max deal. Depends on Nash though.

By agreeing to a '14-'15 salary of $23.5 million and a '15-'16 salary of $25 million (the collectively bargained 7.5 percent raise), Bryant is accounting for the expected decline in production for a player his age while also opening up cap room for the Lakers to spend over the next two free-agent summers. With only Bryant and Steve Nash ($9.7 million) on the books next season, the Lakers will have room for a max free-agent with about $12 million to spare. (Room for a second max player would open up if the Lakers were to waive Nash and "stretch" his remaining obligation over the next three seasons).

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/writer/ken-berger/24280657/why-kobe-bryant-is-worth-it-and-then-some

and i dont see them giving the Max to anyone but Lebron. [ Hell NO to Melo ]

I can see them going after Bledsoe, Monroe or Hayward in 2014.

2 more years of Kobe >>>>> 5 years of Melo :x

I can almost promise that if we have Melo and Kobe on the same team, you guys will virtually never hear from me.

Like L2B keeps saying, it's not like ANYTHING we speculate/hope for/create in here matters at ALL, but the talk I support in here is any and all talk pertaining to Rondo and Love. And Durant... for the most part.

But Melo? He's the Shaq-less, Phil-less, Pau-less, swaggerless, younger version of Kobe, in PF form (meaning more rebounds, and less assists... A LOT less, I don't care what the numbers show. Melo passes 4 times every season.)

Last edited:
Those guys werent playing at elite levels, though.

I bet the laker FO saw kob practicing and thought the investment was worth it(reinforced the thinking). Its a business move.

Its a bit high, im not arguing. But.let us be honest....did u really...really think he was taking 8-14 mill??? So 16-18??? Sure....23.5 and 25? High..still have room for 1 max or 2 iguodola type FAs. Plus a #1. Plus full MLE. Plus u can sign 3 other vets min deals...

I can almost promise that if we have Melo and Kobe on the same team, you guys will virtually never hear from me.

Like L2B keeps saying, it's not like ANYTHING we speculate/hope for/create in here matters at ALL, but the talk I support in here is any and all talk pertaining to Rondo and Love. And Durant... for the most part.

But Melo? He's the Shaq-less, Phil-less, Pau-less, swaggerless, younger version of Kobe, in PF form (meaning more rebounds, and less assists... A LOT less, I don't care what the numbers show. Melo passes 4 times every season.)
Phil-less?

Im slowing resigning to the fact that the only free agent we have a chance with is Melo...

He's the desperate "6" girl at the bar at the end of the night, take a couple shots and kanye shrug

Last edited:
Team oriented nice guys who get buckets?

Nah.
Agreed. Imo, we're not signing a superstar. I don't see why anybody believes we will. Our best bet in getting a dude like Durant, which isnt going to happen btw, is through a trade. What's gonna happen most likely, is that we will sign 2 stars over the years, and maybe Mitch will buss a ***** and land us someone big.

as long as you pass up on as many chicks as you score :wink:
It's not so much me passing up as many chicks as I score on... as much as it is getting passed on like 8 times as many chicks as I score on. :lol: Excellent father, great w/ kids, which brings them in... then they realize I'm a jerk, and search for dambs regularly, and can't ever find any. Then it's curtains. And no dambs are given about that, either. I've got a healthy, happy son. Literally need, or care about, nothing else. :smokin
as someone who has been told "you dont seem to care about much" one too many times, I can tell you that saying "i honestly dont care" when I actually dont care is a great feeling :pimp:  
Yyyyyyyyeeep!!! I've annoyed so many people who I could totally tell were trying to get at me, so we get into this verbal 'thing', and they storm off. #feelsgoodman :smokin

I'm like you; I've have had all kinds of people tell me I'm super chill, unflappable, don't care don't care don't care. I don't get pissed, like ever, don't let things bother me, don't care about the opinions of people who don't have my best interest in mind, and generally maintain a playful sarcasm that is often mistaken for arrogance, which I'm also ok with.

CP: man, that whole myth about single dads pulling chicks is exactly that: a myth. You're married, right? Wear a ring, right? Even if you're not and you don't, chicks can tell you're taken, so they flock. Not the same if they know you're on the prowl. :lol:

That Kobe arrogance huh?

what if kobe was going to take 10 mil a year but mitch told him "oh thank blake you're taking a pay cut, now we have enough money to sign melo on the off season"

"actually i take that back, i demand 48 mil now"

"but then what about melo?"

"
wink.gif
"

Back
Top Bottom