[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
For the long-term, Kobe shouldn't be counted on.

He's not going to be playing in three years. And if he is, God help us all.

For the long-term, Kobe shouldn't be counted on.

He's not going to be playing in three years. And if he is, God help us all.

kobe-bryant-return.jpg

Last edited:
I think we are all forgetting that all these freed up cap space isnt just for this next off-season

It would take about 3 years (if done correctly) for this Lakers team to be back in title contention
So lets say we land a top 5 pick in this magical world we are living in ...by the time that rookie has really started to develop (a la Paul George)
We would have hopefully gotten some more stars to come aboard along with some viable role players

And who knows Kobe might be here in 3 years playing Tim Duncan to our Tony Parker lol

1st off if Kobe comes back from this injury ok then he def could play effectively for the next 5 years if he is not trying to be THEE MAN anymore
aaaaaaand if he doesnt pretend like he is trying to play defense either :lol:

didnt we get shaq the same year we got kobe?

Got Shaq before Kobe.
okay well the point is we draft future superstar kobe Bryant and we draft future superstar magic Johnson. In both situations the rookies are thrown into a contending team and both young players win championships early in their careers. So I dont see why you're saying that if we draft wiggins we will be forced to have a mediocre team while we hold his hand for a few years letting him develop. Whatever big free agent signing plans we have for next year will be avaliable to us whether we have wiggins or not. Building by draft and building by free agent signing are not mutually exclusive, we can do both

Got Shaq before Kobe.
okay well the point is we draft future superstar kobe Bryant and we draft future superstar magic Johnson. In both situations the rookies are thrown into a contending team and both young players win championships early in their careers. So I dont see why you're saying that if we draft wiggins we will be forced to have a mediocre team while we hold his hand for a few years letting him develop. Whatever big free agent signing plans we have for next year will be avaliable to us whether we have wiggins or not. Building by draft and building by free agent signing are not mutually exclusive, we can do both

It would be better if we had another star with Kobe and got a great pick.. Regardless it will be nice to get a great pick..

My point was, it won't be immediate turn around.. And unfortunate for us.. Trading assets, or draft picks since we have inconsistent supply of them (Thanks Steve Nash).. It makes it tougher.

Who knows Mitch may go Liam Neeson on someone and steal a star player and that changes it 100%..

We'd all love Wiggins, Parker or Exum.. My favorite of the 3 is Exum... But we are not that bad.. My hope is we somehow Lakers make 2 Mitch like trades.

Last edited:
Oh and when I say wiggins I mean any top draft pick this year.

I am not saying that we will be bad enough to get a top pick im just stating my reasons on why it would be better for us to tank and get a better draft pick. Of course at the end of the day none of us have any control over the direction our beloved franchise chooses to take.

Oh and when I say wiggins I mean any top draft pick this year.

I am not saying that we will be bad enough to get a top pick im just stating my reasons on why it would be better for us to tank and get a better draft pick. Of course at the end of the day none of us have any control over the direction our beloved franchise chooses to take.

We both get that.. It's just easier to say the top top picks.. As opposed to trying to guess who gets picked at 7 or later.. Chances are some team will really bungle up the draft for everyone else.

And although MJ somehow stumbles into the playoffs because the East is a wasteland for everything.. I would guess MJ ***** up the draft for everyone.

Last edited:
Freakin Essential is too nice. I can't be mad at him. :smh:

He called me a douche tho which is probably the most right he's been. :lol:

Kobe was in the cards BEFORE Shaq.

West had Mutumbo and one of the Davis's (Anotnio or Dale, I forget which) as his backup plan.

So, on the "official" side, Shaq signed with LA on July 18, 1996.

The Draft as you all know is late June. June 26th 1996. The actual trade of Kobe couldn't take place til July 1 however.

West knew he had Shaq in the bag (per Shaq's word) and that's how he completed the Divac deal to get Kobe, but Kobe's workout came before he had word from O'Neal that he was coming. Hence, West had Davis's agent already on the way to a hotel to sign a contract with LA before Shaq gave Jerry his word that he would sign.

West was bringing in Kobe regardless, he just didn't know if Shaq was coming, or it would be Mutumbo and Davis. (I need to freakin figure out which Davis it was. I think it was Antonio, lookin at both their salaries on Reference, Antonio's jumps up that year, Dale's was a year before Shaq/Kobe)

So without Shaq, it would have been

Mutumbo, Antonio Davis, Kobe, Van Exel, Eddie Jones, Fisher, Elden Campbell, Cedric Ceballos, Byron Scott, Jerome Kersey, Travis Knight and they later added Robert Horry in January. Rick Fox came the following year.

The joke writes itself!

Well the choice is Blake or Pau..

And I am beginning to write Blake.. But not that much.. There's still a chance I could despise him..

And at least Pau has a title. :lol: And I can randomly scream gibberish.. That's worth it.

So many lulz!!

Twitter beefing, the 'Shots everywhere' gif, the 'more popcorn' gif... y'all dudes, man. :lol:

Last edited:
Well the choice is Blake or Pau..

And I am beginning to write Blake.. But not that much.. There's still a chance I could despise him..

And at least Pau has a title. :lol: And I can randomly scream gibberish.. That's worth it.

Essential there is know way you still hate Blakes guts lol
He has been playing extremely well

Back
Top Bottom