[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
So Nash gonna retire or what?

He's contemplating and we hope so. I just don't want him to try and make a comeback; 15mins on the floor with 4 points, 2 assist and more importantly a defensive liability is obtrusive to watch.

shaking_head_breaking_bad.gif

Sorry Essential but that's just not making sense.

We don't have a 2015 or 2017 first-rounder, so why bother making something out of this year's? Huh????

The Lakers need to start building a core they can keep going forward. More than 3/4 of this team are just stopgaps to fill out the roster. Getting value out of the draft pick we do have (even if it's not #1-3) is one very important way for us to do that.

Cap space is not the solution to everything. To me, it's going to be very very hard to find everything we need in free agency, especially within one or two summers. Stars and role players, all who fit together? That's a tall order.

Trades are another avenue to build the team, but it's hard to do without any assets.

Maybe I'm just not understanding what you're getting at?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I can only imagine the bunch of ******** being said right now.

He thinks he knows what he's talking about, he doesn't. He just pretends he does.

This page has literally like 5 posts in it. It's so clean. :pimp:

a new twist to the CP Essential war would be for both of them to block each other and only respond to each other indirectly based on the reactions of other lakers fans

*popcorn.gif*

its what other top NBA pgs see when he's running circles around them (and apparently doing cartwheels..)

just trying to create an authentic steve blake experience for you guys
bruh you and grandtheft always providing infinite lulz
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Sorry Essential but that's just not making sense.

We don't have a 2015 or 2017 first-rounder, so why bother making something out of this year's? Huh????

The Lakers need to start building a core they can keep going forward. More than 3/4 of this team are just stopgaps to fill out the roster. Getting value out of the draft pick we do have (even if it's not #1-3) is one very important way for us to do that.

Cap space is not the solution to everything. To me, it's going to be very very hard to find everything we need in free agency, especially within one or two summers. Stars and role players, all who fit together? That's a tall order.

Trades are another avenue to build the team, but it's hard to do without any assets.

Maybe I'm just not understanding what you're getting at?

Had something typed... Outlook somehow froze firefox for me. Hopefully I touch on each part.

So there's 3 ways to build.... Draft, Free Agency, Trade.

Let's just for sake of keeping the argument easy say we get the #1 pick... We draft Wiggins.

Now we have Wiggins & Kobe.. Kobe's on his last couple of years. Wiggins is a rook. The guy we all want (Lebron) is not coming here anyway. Nor is Wiggins going to change his mind. He could go to Cleveland if he wanted to play with a young guy, or stay put.. So now we enter 2014-15 season with spare tires, Kobe & Wiggins.. Team will be ok. Not any better than last couple of seeds in the playoffs. 2015 pick is top 5 protected.. So we likely lose it. 2015-2016 Maybe Wiggins is now turning it on or putting everything together to catapult himself into star status . So we probably get a mediocre pick. Is Wiggins & Mediocre pick better than what KD has with Russ or Russ with KD... Kev Love would have already signed to keep playing with Rubio because that situation is vastly improved. We'd have to wait for Wiggins to grow. But the KD's, Russ', Kev Love. None of them will leave their current situation for an uncertain one with LA. And if they did decide to come to LA. It will be as Kobe leaves.. So we have to wait for that 3rd star again or someone who takes you from playoffs to finals.

Now we look at trading for someone........ We don't have assets so we can't put that star with Wiggins/ Kobe or whoever else we have in place of Kobe.

There's only two ways tanking would work for this franchise.
1. If we had a steady flow of picks over the next 4 years. Which would allow us to build through the draft uninterrupted. Or trade the picks for someone
2. We have that 2nd star already in place next to Kobe who will be there as Wiggins (to keep the scenario going) grows.

That Nash trade killed any concrete tanking plans because it left us devoid of assets, or picks.

Also we can talk pro-tanking, anti-tanking all day long.. And what pick do you want... We do this, or do that.. We have 0 control over where we draft. This team isn't even in the bottom 10 worst teams. That's without a steady #1 scorer, and our star player. So pro-tanking is still putting us in the same range of picks as playing your *** off.. Tanking or not tanking is out of our control... There's unfortunate question marks about both..

Best case, Mitch works mid-season magic twice. We need a Pau Gasol like trade, and a luck trade trying to flip some of the bench mob mid-season who increased their value with our pick for another pick and the team we trade with catches the plague and somehow LA ends up with a #1 pick... I think we can agree. That is the best case scenario.

Last edited:
a new twist to the CP Essential war would be for both of them to block each other and only respond to each other indirectly based on the reactions of other lakers fans

*popcorn.gif*

No need, he has my name on his breath on Twitter.

And Mods can't warn me there. :wink:

Yeah but if we get Wiggins (unlikely but just going along with your example) we have Wiggins and Kobe. Your argument is that a KD or a Love will see rookie Wiggins and say "why would i sign with LA, as of now Rubio/Westbrook >> Wiggins" which is understandable. However its not just Wiggins (not going to count Kobe in this argument if we are talking long term) that we can use as leverage for a potential big free agent. Our biggest asset is the HUGE amount of cap space we have, so we can talk to Kevin Love AND Westbrook and say "hey Kevin, we have enough money to sign you AND Westbrook AND we have this kid named Wiggins who is pretty good". Thats a whole lot more convincing than hey come play with this rookie and 85 year old Steve Nash. Its like what happened to miami, would Lebron want to go to Miami to play with Wade? That sounds good but im sure there are better options. Now would Lebron want to go play in Miami with Wade knowing that they would also sign Bosh? Now thats something a lot harder to pass up.

Just because pick a potential franchise player in the draft doesnt mean we have to spend the next X amount of years developing him and rebuilding. Both with Magic and Kobe we drafted amazing talent and used that talent to win a championship soon after we drafted them. 

what's funny to me is that as much as CP and essential/LTB are going at it, essential/LTB at the very least acknowledge CP's point of view.

CP just goes off that they have no idea what they're talking about, as if he has more control over the lakers' destiny or something.

you've been feeling yourself a bit too much lately, bruh.

at least in this thread.

Last edited:
It doesnt even have to be the number one pick tho. We better off in the future to miss the playoffs this year.

You fools saying they cant believe laker fans want to tank need to quit feeling themselves for a second. Dudes acting like their **** dont stink :lol: swallow that garbage *** pride. Yall sounding like kings fans getting the moral victory :lol:

Last edited:
Yeah but if we get Wiggins (unlikely but just going along with your example) we have Wiggins and Kobe. Your argument is that a KD or a Love will see rookie Wiggins and say "why would i sign with LA, as of now Rubio/Westbrook >> Wiggins" which is understandable. However its not just Wiggins (not going to count Kobe in this argument if we are talking long term) that we can use as leverage for a potential big free agent. Our biggest asset is the HUGE amount of cap space we have, so we can talk to Kevin Love AND Westbrook and say "hey Kevin, we have enough money to sign you AND Westbrook AND we have this kid named Wiggins who is pretty good". Thats a whole lot more convincing than hey come play with this rookie and 85 year old Steve Nash. Its like what happened to miami, would Lebron want to go to Miami to play with Wade? That sounds good but im sure there are better options. Now would Lebron want to go play in Miami with Wade knowing that they would also sign Bosh? Now thats something a lot harder to pass up.

Just because pick a potential franchise player in the draft doesnt mean we have to spend the next X amount of years developing him and rebuilding. Both with Magic and Kobe we drafted amazing talent and used that talent to win a championship soon after we drafted them. 

Kevin Love is 2 years from being a Free Agent

KD is 3.

Kobe is gone by then.

As for Magic & Kobe there was an established dominant star there with the rookie for more than 2-3 years.

So once Kobe goes we go square 1. Maybe we get a super team in a few years. Maybe. But since you don't have these guys coming out into FA same time, maybe they don't want to risk it. Or maybe they join another stars team.

If we had the star who will be around for years with the top draft pick... Tanking now is different because we have something to build for many years.

I'm just pointing out that even best case in draft (which we all agree is extremely unlikely) has just as many holes in it.

what's funny to me is that as much as CP and essential/LTB are going at it, essential/LTB at the very least acknowledge CP's point of view.

CP just goes off that they have no idea what they're talking about, as if he has more control over the lakers' destiny or something.

at least in this thread.

Bruh, have you ever read his stuff?

He thinks no one will come to THE LAKERS, because we just have a rookie. The end.

Get a rookie, have to tank for FOUR YEARS. :lol: :lol: :lol:

You want me to acknowledge his side of that? Why? It's beyond ludicrous. It's one of the dumbest things I have EVER read.

We don't land Free Agents because of a Draft pick, we land Free Agents because the city is LA, and we have butt loads of cash, and we have banners for everybody, and they will be the absolute star of the city and on TV even when we suck, and a million other reasons.

Not because of one single pick. :smh:

When he makes a valid point, and has a clue how players will move about, then I will fully acknowledge anything he gets right.

at least in this thread.

He has been going extra hard with this tanking stuff. :lol:

Whether you're for tanking or not it's pointless to bang on the table saying "this is the way to go" when we wont find out whats the right decision until 2 or 3 years from now. I'm just chilling until the off-season to see what happens.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom