[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
Kobe arguing over the score of the scrimmage saying they cheated and gave the other team an extra point.

Final score was 21-3.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
So Kobe hit a 3, and no one else scored? 
ohwell.gif

Gonna be a looooong season. 
mean.gif

This is back to the TeamMikeBrown or TeamFireMikeBrown.
Basically. Which is funny, because Essential and CP were arm in arm last year, a frustrating force of giant, indestructible walls of text.

Now? Straight Hatfield & McCoy status.

No?

Montagues and Capulets?

Nothing?

Ummmm... Nas & Hov? Steve Smith and Aqib Talib?

One grew up... One is a child.

One knows exactly what this team is... One thinks this team is a 20 win team...

One has delusions of grandeur.... Who can make the argument and when he gets called falls back on calling them delusional.

Does everything to follow that he has this WIN attitude.. And goes at the neck of anyone who says you succeed without a title sometimes. Then he's now Charlotte Bobcats extreme and pulls out his Tank Welcome Mat and arguing that well you give up when you can't.

Also completely ignores that if you tank and let's say you get the #1 pick... You will have to tank a couple more years after that to even sniff contention. Because even if we got Wiggins.. Ain't no Veteran Star coming to a time to play with a developing player. Even if it is in LA. Unless you are thinking Melo to play with Kobe because not one person in the next few years would have a better situation in LA with a #1 pick compared to where they play now.

Last edited:
Also, I'm going to say this about tanking.

Who wouldn't love a number 1 pick? That's nonsense to say anyone would hate a #1 pick in the draft.

But tanking is NEVER a 1 year thing.

If you get Wiggins, Parker or Exum. There is not one star in the NBA who will leave their team July 1st and join the Lakers. With the exception of maybe Melo. And from the survey, none of you want that.

Kev Love won't leave Minnesota with Rubio. WB won't leave KD. KD won't leave WB.

Every single star will wait a few years to see how this pick pans out. Now if you had the star for next 5 years in place first... Then tanking this year would make sense.

But unless you're willing to tank and wait in 2014-15, 2015-16, 2016-17... Then tanking this year is as pointless as going for a title.

Last edited:
Makes sense.

Except for the fact that we have Kobe.

No, we don't know how he's going to be, but if he's anything close to what people are accustomed to, surely you recognize that superstars see 'building around a rookie' differently than 'building around a rookie and Kobe'.

Last edited:
Makes sense.

Except for the fact that we have Kobe.

No, we don't know how he's going to be, but if he's anything closed to what people are accustomed to, surely you recognize that superstars see 'building around a rookie' differently than 'building around a rookie and Kobe'.

I see that. And I consider it.

But there was a guy just left to play away from Kobe. Different circumstance, but still. If Dwight was here, with Kobe. I'd hope for a better draft pick.

And yes it is right.. But how much Kobe do we have left? How many years after this.

So who branches us from Kobe? That now 3rd year guy? All the other players we wanted in the upcoming years are back with their teams.

Also let's not forget WE DON'T HAVE A 2015 FIRST.. WE DON'T HAVE A 2017 FIRST... SOOOOO you can't really continue a tank over years.

Last edited:
Sorry Essential but that's just not making sense.

We don't have a 2015 or 2017 first-rounder, so why bother making something out of this year's? Huh????

The Lakers need to start building a core they can keep going forward. More than 3/4 of this team are just stopgaps to fill out the roster. Getting value out of the draft pick we do have (even if it's not #1-3) is one very important way for us to do that.

Cap space is not the solution to everything. To me, it's going to be very very hard to find everything we need in free agency, especially within one or two summers. Stars and role players, all who fit together? That's a tall order.

Trades are another avenue to build the team, but it's hard to do without any assets.

Maybe I'm just not understanding what you're getting at?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom