[:: LAKERS 2014 THREAD | POLL: Who Should Coach Next Year? ::]

WHO SHOULD COACH THE LAKERS NEXT SEASON?

• Mike _'Antoni

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stan Van Gundy

• Byron Scott

• George Karl

• Jerry Sloan

• Kurt Rambis

• Nate McMillan

• Doug Collins

• College Coach (Mention Name and School)...

• Total voters
This thread really reminds me of how us black people argue and fight with each other on how to get to the top and stick it to da white man :smh::lol:

thats true. but one factor that people forget when it comes to drafting is the environment the player is put in, its part of the reason why the spurs always seem to get late round steals. there are a lot of draft picks that are considered busts because they were drafted by the wrong team, now im not sure how suited this lakers team and coaching staff is for developing young talent but i think its safe to say that a 7th pick level player from this years draft will be less likely to be called a bust if he is drafted by an organization like the lakers than if he's drafted by the mess that is the bobcats. 

so yeah the one year college rule evened the playing field in terms of drafting, but i have faith in our organization to bring out the most in whoever we draft 
agreed. give me a hug

the_rick_james_gif_by_marupage82-d38mfzq.gif

I don't want to keep harping on the pro/anti tank argument, but I just need to say that those on Team Tank aren't "Laker haters," "fake fans," or lesser fans than those who root for the team always.

I guess I get where you guys are coming from, saying how can you be a fan and not root for the team every time they're on the court, but it's not that simple.

You guys gotta realize this draft pick is an important way to add a player of the future to the team. An opportunity we won't have in 2015 and 2017. It's one of the only chances we have of adding a player that can become a part of the future core. Outside of that and the 2016 pick, we have very little opportunity to add assets.

Assets = trade chips, and/or potential core guys.

I'm not saying everyone needs to root against the team. I'm perfectly fine with those who still root for the team. But everyone needs to see why some people want value out of this pick, and that doesn't make them bad fans.

The Lakers can only build so much of a team through free agency. Cap space is not a solution in itself.

They can't even engage in trade talks, as good as Mitch is at pulling off miracles. Most of the roster is made up of one-year guys, journeymen... those are not trade chips.

Last edited:
But why do I have to sit in front of my tv and root for losses every night to prove to some dudes in my own fan base I'm not delusional?
But why do I have to sit in front of my tv and root for losses every night to prove to some dudes in my own fan base... that I am indeed a fan of my team?
Why is there all of a sudden an unwritten rule that "IF YOU CHEER FOR YOUR TEAM TO WIN, YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO BE A PART OF DRAFT DISCUSSIONS NEXT YEAR."

implying that people in here are as soft as pau gasol?

i know its technically not a personal attack but that should be ban worthy...
mean.gif

when are you guys gonna realize no matter how hard you try you aint gonna convert the other sides view and personality? Relaaaaxxx. he dont agree with you? who gives a **** lol. the whole point of a discussion is to see different perspectives, no need to get emotional up in here

Although the polarization is strong in here, its just a testament of our profound love for the Lakeshow.

Friday can't come soon enough.

i personally do not think we NEED to tank, this team is bad enough (although a lot more enjoyable than last year) to lose a bunch of games come later in the season even with the return of an aged kobe.

to be tank/antitank is only a matter of what you believe, not necessarily what can be controlled.

Taking is a part of a loosing teams culture.

maintaning a winning culture even when your loosing >>>>>>

You play the game to win. Thats it.

manup, you should have been banned already for that avy.

Seriously, what is wrong with you with that joint? :lol: :lol: :lol: That thing is beyond creepy. If he wasn't on the Lakers, I would swear he was an owner of a white van with no windows. No doubt in my mind at all.

Switch that thing up man, please. :lol:

Seriously, what is wrong with you with that joint? :lol: :lol: :lol: That thing is beyond creepy. If he wasn't on the Lakers, I would swear he was an owner of a white van with no windows. No doubt in my mind at all.

Switch that thing up man, please. :lol:
:stoneface:

have some holiday spirit. check out the lights on that tree :pimp:

Seriously, what is wrong with you with that joint?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
That thing is beyond creepy. If he wasn't on the Lakers, I would swear he was an owner of a white van with no windows. No doubt in my mind at all.

Switch that thing up man, please.
laugh.gif
roll.gif

dude just has something about his face that makes you mad/creeped out

let me try to find someone worthy of my avy (inb4 wow look at CP bossing people around as usual
laugh.gif

was actually surprised that steve blakes face turned into a triangle when spun around

then again i should have known a celebrity of his caliber would be in the illuminati 

CP and I have come to a peaceful understanding.
There will be no more "pro tank/anti tank" yelling between he and I. That's settled and done with.

Hands have been shaken. Peace has been made. Life will move on!...

MDA still sucks tho... :nerd:

:tongue:

Last edited:
Im still Team Vujacic "You cant make it if you dont take it" I need to revive my old sig. Dude married Sharapova, or some other [Cameron Crazies]OVERRATED![/Cameron Crazies] female, cant remember... and disappeared on us :smh:

This is back to the TeamMikeBrown or TeamFireMikeBrown.
Basically. Which is funny, because Essential and CP were arm in arm last year, a frustrating force of giant, indestructible walls of text.

Now? Straight Hatfield & McCoy status.

No?

Montagues and Capulets?

Nothing?

Ummmm... Nas & Hov? Steve Smith and Aqib Talib?

Back
Top Bottom