**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Didn't watch the entire last game so I'm rewatching but it's nice to see fans getting behind Bron and booing Brooks everytime he get the ball. That and Bron got a big clutch moment at our first capacity playoff game is pretty big for him.

wbqv7zcsbbwa1.jpg

You didn’t ask me but it’s mostly due to his hip injury and Memphis entire defensive strategy revolving around stopping AD. He gets 2-3 bodies on him everytime he gets a paint touch.
Also our guards have been terrible at hitting him as a roll man or when he has a small switched onto him. Dennis has zero vision and Austin has really regressed there since he’s looking for his shot more.

I'd love to see an epic meltdown and some fighting on the Memphis bench tonight. The memes will be legendary :lol:

Considering Their Lack Of Mental Focus All Season I See A Meltdown Moment Absolutely Happening.

Expecting At Least 1 Ejection On Their End Tonight.

You didn’t ask me but it’s mostly due to his hip injury and Memphis entire defensive strategy revolving around stopping AD. He gets 2-3 bodies on him everytime he gets a paint touch.

So, to recap, he's super mega super duper super star AD defense........but he's not good on offense.....cuz he's hurt? 🤔

:lol: :rofl:

Klutch needs to hire you. No joke. If they ask me, I'll put in my recommendation.

AD’s offense has struggled because of Memphis defense and lack of gameplan adjustment.

If you watch when AD gets the ball with space to drive or take the shot. He looks down right dominant. Because it’s 1 on 1 and not enough time to get the help defense on him.
When he gets it in the post, which Grizz want. They favor it. And bring the help quick enough to get AD in a tight contested shot by bringing over the help guy.
And because as a hole, the team hasn’t shot well from 3. It shrinks the court, and keeps the off ball defenders close to AD

He just went for 31 and 17 the previous game though. His aggressiveness and decision making was much more quick and not playing tentative. Everyone came in saying this was his series to dominate and that should be the case every night.

Here's why AD is scoring less in the playoffs in 2023 and why he isn't scoring as much this year compared to the 2020 playoffs when he averaged about 28 ppg. Bron's playoff numbers meanwhile are comparable both years

Screenshot_20230426_150126_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230426_150342_Chrome.jpg

2023 - team has more scorers, AD scores less but his rebounding and block numbers are up compared to 2020 because guess what....in 2023 Lakers have no bigs to help AD board, block, and secure the paint whereas in 2020 he had Javale, Dwight, Keiff, and a defensive minded rebounding guard named Rondo.

And notice how Bron is averaging more boards and blocks in 2023 than he did in 2020 cause Bron is now playing power Forward and providing more help inside for AD.

It's clear as night and day as to why AD is scoring less and rebounding/blocking more in 2023

AD better sustain his excellent defensive play as the team goes deeper in thr playoffs cause by the time the WCF and Finals rolls around, AD gonna have more wear n tear with little help inside. Ayton or Jokic will be waiting.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: MVP
So, to recap, he's super mega super duper super star AD defense........but he's not good on offense.....cuz he's hurt? 🤔

:lol: :rofl:

Klutch needs to hire you. No joke. If they ask me, I'll put in my recommendation.

The entire gameplan for Memphis is to stop AD.
On defense, damn near our entire gameplan is AD.

I didn’t even say he wasn’t good on offense. He’s averaging 20/12. Jokic is averaging 26 with no defense and Embiid is averaging 20 while carrying more injuries than AD.

People just expect AD to be the most dominant defender in the playoffs and put up 30/15 every night. **** is hilarious.

Draymond is going to the HOF strictly off his defense. AD gives you Draymond’s defense (you could argue it’s better too, not trynna disrespect Dray tho), while averaging 20/10 and being the best player on the court but the way he’s covered you’d think he was playing like ***.

I’m sure AD would tell you he needs to be better on offense too, I’m not arguing that. I just find the convo and discourse around him hilarious. People really don’t account for defense at all.

What team's game plan isn't to stop or slow down the other teams best player? Is that unique to AD where the scheme is so damn good that he can't produce like he should on a consistent basis? Like c'mon man.

Every team's game plan in the 2020 playoffs was to stop AD as well.

So why is AD rebounding more and blocking more shots in this year's playoffs and scoring less?

Y'all should already know the answer.

Put AD at PF, Bron at SF, go get a defensive starting center and we'll find out again just like we did 3 years ago :lol:

No, man. Every team gameplan is to stop the other team best player.

Here, ill try it your way. :nerd:

Steph is a God on offense.
Maybe his ankle botherin him on defense......

Jimmy scorin at will.
But his knee be a lil sore on defense.

You don't get to praise dude for being a God on one side, but then claim injury on the other. :lol:

That's not a thing.

He just has to play well, as he has. Bron too. And DLo, and Rui, Reaves etc. Just play, and hopefully well.

I *think* the Grizzlies will play Kennard more to open up the floor, which also means more opportunities for Bron and the guards to target him on defense.

Back
Top Bottom