**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I have zero issues with DLo and I hope we have him with Bron and AD a few years. Like I said before, he's not perfect, but he's a valuable piece, specifically for his passing, and more specifically for his entry passing/runout passing.

I think a majority of the energy aimed at trading him is fueled by people wanting Kyrie, without realizing we'd have to gut the team [AGAIN] to make it happen.

There is a way to do this and not "gut" the team. Is it likely, no?

D'Lo had a critical stretch that saved the game on Monday, but he still has never shot 50% in his playoff career in a single game. He's been downright awful for most of the postseason and probably shouldn't be in the closing lineup.

There's a good chance we trick this game off tonight. I expect a similar outcome to a game 2, We basically get blitzed and are down double digits early in the game. I would be very impressed if we win this game tonight but I don't see it.

The Lakers basically do the least amount effort it takes to win games

I do expect them to win, but not confident they will. AD too fickle man.

I find the discourse on AD hilarious. He’s been far and away the best defensive player of the playoffs but you wouldn’t realize it based on the discussions around him.
He's still needed on offense. You can't be half great.

I find the discourse on AD hilarious. He’s been far and away the best defensive player of the playoffs but you wouldn’t realize it based on the discussions around him.

Is he a one way superstar now?

He's still needed on offense. You can't be half great.

Is he a one way superstar now?

He’s averaging 20/12 this series.

6 points less than Jokic (who doesn’t provide anything on defense) and 0.5 less than Embiid for 3rd highest scoring big of the playoffs.

Obviously we need more from the offensive end. Games 2 & 4 weren’t ideal but the discussions from national podcasts, to general nba fans to even our own fans is hilarious.

He’s averaging 4.8 blocks a game.
#2 is JJJ the DPOY at 2.5. That’s almost ******* double.

He’s averging 1.8 steals a game.
That’s 6.6 stocks a game. That is INSANE.

Nba media has been gushing about JJJ’s defense all year (rightfully so) but he doesn’t hold a candle to what AD does. I just find this **** hilarious. Just because he doesn’t average 25+ people think he’s not playing well. He is the best defender on the planet and it isn’t even close to me.

I almost feel like the AD discourse would be better for him if he had an offensive game like Rudy Gobert. Average like 10 points a game and people will focus on how good he is defensively and anything he would provide on offense would be considered a bonus.

I guess what I’m saying is people doesn’t realize how much effort and energy is required to be that good defensively and still be an all-star on offense.

He had 7 points at end of regulation on Monday, that's inexcusable.

They have nobody on that team who can stop him, he's a terror on defense, great...but the damn inconsistentcy he's bringing on offense is infuriating.

Bron misses that layup, he's getting excoriated for that performance.

He's not a role player man, he should be expected to be great on both ends because clearly he's capable.

Not saying he doesn’t deserve criticism. I just find the discourse hilarious. Nobody recognizes how ******* good he is on defense because it’s easier to quantify points/offense.

He is legit other worldly on defense. He played more minutes than JJJ during the regular season and he didn’t even get a vote for the award. He’s not even going to make any of the all defense teams despite being the best defender in the world.

Him not making all NBA, being in that DPOTY has everything to do with his lack of availability and ability to stay healthy. It's why he's got the caveat of being a top 5 talent disclaimer *when healthy*.

He played more minutes than JJJ though.

Cool you aren't getting serious consideration for awards playing less than 60 games though. Everybody knows AD has talent, is an all star player with superstar ability but he goes through the motions way more frequently than any of us would like not even getting into the injuries.

The narrative that every time he has a bad game he's hurt or injuries is equally as ridiculous.

You didn’t ask me but it’s mostly due to his hip injury and Memphis entire defensive strategy revolving around stopping AD. He gets 2-3 bodies on him everytime he gets a paint touch.

Its the only defensive strategy that seems to work against the Lakeshow.

The thing that remedies this though is the other players gotta step up and score a little more than their averages.

Toronto did this and it was working, but DLo made up for it by scoring 28 when AD only took 8 shots the entire game.

AD lacks focus IMO. When he's engaged he's absolutely the best "BIG" in the league.

He's just not consistent with his decision making on the offensive end. He needs to make quicker decisions and stop waiting and reacting to what Memphis shows.

Him not making all NBA, being in that DPOTY has everything to do with his lack of availability and ability to stay healthy. It's why he's got the caveat of being a top 5 talent disclaimer *when healthy*.

He played 150 more minutes than JJJ this year and only 7 fewer games

He played 150 more minutes than JJJ this year and only 7 fewer games

The number of games played is going to always take precedence for awards, why you think they just made it a rule in the CBA? I think AD's the 2nd grade defender in the league at worst when he's engaged.

At the end of the day, AD needs to be effective offensively. Anything less than 16 points is a waste.

At the end of the day, AD needs to be effective offensively. Anything less than 16 points is a waste.
AD on defense >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

He had a stinker and we still won....but if he doesn't bust his *** on D and we got 0 chance.

most doods cant get it going on offense and they dissapear

this dood can still dominate

Appreciate this man.

AD on defense >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

He had a stinker and we still won....but if he doesn't bust his *** on D and we got 0 chance.

most doods cant get it going on offense and they dissapear

this dood can still dominate

Appreciate this man.

Eh, he had a stinker in game 2 as well and we lost, he was good on D that game as well. We need him to play great on offense to close this series out.

Back
Top Bottom