**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I'm relaxed. Drinking a corona right now actually with the ac on in my room in Vegas. But I mean you can't say it's not a little discouraging when the front office can't get meetings when their whole plan revolves around getting meetings and selling elite players on an unattractive situation. We've had some pretty solid 1 year deals in recent years, why not this year?

I'll be in Vegas next weekend :smokin

get off the interwebz and go get it to poppin.com pleighboi 8)

Why would a free agent meet with us if they don't want a 1 year deal

A 1 year deal is very risky for a player. You may be out of the NBA if you get hurt or if you have a bad year or if you don't fit and you ride the pine all year

I'm here all the time :lol:. Was just here two weeks ago and will be back like 3 more times this summer. Got established yambs out here and everything. I'm coolin right now

A 1 year deal is very risky for a player. You may be out of the NBA if you get hurt or if you have a bad year or if you don't fit and you ride the pine all year

Yep . And this is how it goes:

Magic/Rob: what's your client looking for?
Agent: 3-4 year deal at about $18 per year
Magic/Rob: alright then, good luck. If he'll take 1 year at $15 let us know

Last edited:

So you're saying it's pretty dumb to even offer one year deals then?

With Magic Johnson and Rob Pelinka determined to have as much cap space available as possible so they can chase stars in the summer of 2018, all they can offer this summer is one-year deals to players like George Hill and Dion Waiters. While the Lakers would love to add a player of that caliber, most of the top players available are looking for the security of a multi-year deal.

Still, Los Angeles is trying, ultimately losing Hill to a three-year, $57 million deal with the Sacramento Kings and Waiters to a four-year, $52 million deal with the incumbent Miami Heat. Reportedly, the Lakers pushed all their chips in on Waiters, offering him just about everything they could, according to Michael Scotto of Basketball Insiders:

The Miami Heat and free agent guard Dion Waiters have agreed to a four-year, $52 million deal, a league source told Basketball Insiders. The deal does not contain any options, Basketball Insiders has learned.

Waiters also received interest from the Los Angeles Lakers, New York Knicks and Chicago Bulls.

The Lakers made a one-year, $17 million dollar offer to Waiters, a league source told Basketball Insiders. New York and Chicago verbally expressed interest, but neither team made an offer.

Another failed attempt. We're down to rondo, the great locker room influence who got suspended for throwing a towel at his coach's face this past season, and Rodney stuckey

Last edited:
Thought you were talking about Robert Horry for a second

Not sure what point you're trying to make, or if you're even trying to make a point, but the difference would be that horry was in his prime, still productive, and it was an isolated incident as far as I know. Not the type of incident he was known for during every single year of his career. Plus he threw a towel at Danny ainge so if anything that's actually a positive. Kinda debunks the idea that we don't really want these guys we are setting up meetings with and making our best offers to tho

I know we have no pick this year so losing won't benefit us in an shape or form.

But sometimes doing nothing can be better than doing something stupid right? (***cough Mozgov / deng ***)

I just want a drama fee season of Lakers basketball. I want to see progression from them all throughout this season and im looking forward to see if Julius can make himself into something special since its a contract here. Theres still a lot to evaluate for our future even if we don't sign anyone else.

I know we have no pick this year so losing won't benefit us in an shape or form.

But sometimes doing nothing can be better than doing something stupid right? (***cough Mozgov / deng ***)

I just want a drama fee season of Lakers basketball. I want to see progression from them all throughout this season and im looking forward to see if Julius can make himself into something special since its a contract here. Theres still a lot to evaluate for our future even if we don't sign anyone else.

Just need to sign a shooter and we gucci.

Yea I'm pretty cool with not signing anyone now, just keep the cap space. Hopefully all of the young guys improve and the vets boost their trade value.

I just think it'll be similar to last season minus the tanking, which was still pretty fun.

An injury to Brook and/or another key player and it could get ugly.

True story Jud Buechler's dad was my high school driver ed class teacher :lol:

Jud grew up and played in Poway CA before he went to play college ball at Arizona and then was a bench warmer journey man career player with MJ's Bulls 2nd 3 peat team in the 90's.

Last edited:
At this point they need basketball players.

Apparently Lakers were in on Bradley until he got traded. Not surprising Boston didn't **** with us tho.

BBB ERA STARTS TONIGHT. LONZO GUNNA DROP 8 THREES AND 10 DIMES.

Back
Top Bottom