**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Brook > Mos
Randle this year > Randle from last year
BI this year > BI from last year
JC > Swaggy
Ball > Voldermort

Hmm

Well we got rid of 3 bigs who can't shoot, so Luke is shaping the roster to fit his style more.

It won't be as bad as many think.

Lol it's jokes man. I don't need the side by side.

I really don't feel like this is a real upgrade from last yr as for as talent for next season only. Some dont agree its cool. We still have young guys to root for.

Houston and Boston trying to get rid of cap space.

Anyone we would be interested in :nerd:

CP or Bradley

What y'all think about these guys on expiring deals :

devin Harris (team option for next season) solid vet, though injury prone
Shabazz Napier,( Portland could look to shed any kind of salary )

Don't count Lou
And Brook will give us Dlo's 3-point production :lol:
Plus Zo can shoot and we will eventually sign a shooter this offseason

Lol it's jokes man. I don't need the side by side.

I really don't feel like this is a real upgrade from last yr as for as talent for next season only. Some dont agree its cool. We still have young guys to root for.

My bad bro :lol:
Repped as an apology for the misunderstanding.

Don't count Lou

Don't put too much into "zo can shoot"
BI shot as good as him in college and we saw how much he struggled , plus he doesn't have a funky shot like Zo
But like I said, a lot remains to be seen

I'm hoping for the best

Last edited:
Don't count Lou

BI shot as good as him in college and we saw how much he struggled , plus he doesn't have a funky shot like Zo
But like I said, a lot rensinsvto be seen

I'm hoping for the best

I never really fell into the 'Zo can shoot' narrative (sorry Mamba). I know that mentioning his shooting motion is like kicking a dead horse but i really feel like he's going to get blocked a lot from good NBA defenders with how awkwardly long he takes to wind it up (especially with how he basically puts it in a perfect spot to be slapped away for a split second every time he shoots).

If he ends up shooting well thats just a cherry on top of the sundae for me.
Hoping for the best. :smokin

But like I said, a lot remains to be seen

I'm hoping for the best

Repped. That's true, I'm hoping the fact that Zo took NBA-range 3's in college, like 5 ft behind the line, he'll be more NBA ready with his long ball

Don't count Lou

But like I said, a lot rensinsvto be seen

I'm hoping for the best

I never really fell into the 'Zo can shoot' narrative (sorry Mamba). I know that mentioning his shooting motion is like kicking a dead horse but i really feel like he's going to get blocked a lot from good NBA defenders with how awkwardly long he takes to wind it up (especially with how he basically puts it in a perfect spot to be slapped away for a split second every time he shoots).

If he ends up shooting well thats just a cherry on top of the sundae for me.
Hoping for the best. :smokin
Sport science did a test on how fast Lonzo's shot is and if I remember, it's faster than the average.
The only problem was actually the potential of less accuracy

Brook > Mos
JC > Swaggy
Ball > Voldermort

Hmm

:rofl:

Lotto numbers plz?

What aspect of those comparisons screams psychic or abnormal to you?
Do you really not believe that injuries aside Randle and Ingram won't be better next year than they were before?
You don't believe in growth and development?

Also keep in mind how many teams got better this offseason. You could probably go down the list of teams we actually beat and see that most improved more than we did. 30 wins is gonna be a challenge

Do you really not believe that injuries aside Randle and Ingram won't be better next year than they were before?

JC being better than young is a slight reach. Especially when you consider JC started about 20 games last year. Also not really smart to assume a rookie will be better than a 3rd year player

Last edited:
Also not really smart to assume a rookie will be better than a 3rd year player

Don't you think what we gain in Brook compared to Moz will outweigh what we lost in Dlo?

ie. if Lonzo scores 5 pts less per game than Dlo, in aggregate we'll be ok because (1) Lonzo will get assists at or above Dlo level and (2) Brook will get waaaaay more than 5 pts above Moz's level.

really chaps my hide that Boston has all these assets because they traded KG, Pierce and Rondo

Makes me wonder what could have been if we got rid of Pau, Odom and Dwight when we should have

That Kobe contact really set us back. That was the nail in the coffin. Mitch & Jim was done after that really

Brook > Mos
JC > Swaggy
Ball > Voldermort

Hmm

:rofl:

Lotto numbers plz?

So it's ok to think Lonzo is gonna come in and be better than a 3 year pro... who played fairly well for the situation he was in?

I hope I'm wrong and Lonzo is the next Penny but y'all setting yourselves up for MAJOR disappointment if you think he's gonna come in and have a great impact.

I've never been a Brook Lopez fan and I don't think he'll be good for us... we're gonna get dominated on the boards and every other facet of the game unless Randle and Ingram have OUTSTANDING seasons.

I wouldn't say JC is much better than Young either tbh.

Don't you think what we gain in Brook compared to Moz will outweigh what we lost in Dlo?

ie. if Lonzo scores 5 pts less per game than Dlo, in aggregate we'll be ok because (1) Lonzo will get assists at or above Dlo level and (2) Brook will get waaaaay more than 5 pts above Moz's level.

It's more so about running the offense for zo which will take time, not just getting assists. That's why I think it hinges on Randle/Ingram improving, a rookie pg is gonna be a negative regardless along with the other rookies we drafted to replace vets. And you're talking about the starters but as a whole we probably lost more scoring than we got back.

Back
Top Bottom