**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

If we ain't signing anyone
FO needs to start calling teams trying to shed salary and take on expiring deals into our cap space

The only contracts to shed are Clarkson and Deng.
Right now Deng's value is too low so they're gunna build it up and try again at the deadline when only 2.5 years remain.

I would imagine they want to build JC's value up and trade him at the deadline too but they could probably trade his salary next summer to create space.

Whoever they sign this year, they should sign him with the idea of getting a Lou Williams to the Rockets type package at the deadline.

Kind of sad that the lakers summer league starting line up may be a line up we frequently put out there in the regular season.

We are that bad

Last edited:
So who can we realistically get at this point for our backcourt and to address shooting needs?

slim pickens out here:

CJ Miles
Monta Ellis
Morrow :x
Ian Clark
Tyreke :x
Hardaway Jr
Vujacic? Farmar ? lol

I wouldn't mind Isaiah Canaan tho

Can PJ Dozier shoot?

Last edited:
So who can we realistically get at this point for our backcourt and to address shooting needs?

slim pickens out here:

Monta Ellis
Morrow :x
Ian Clark
Tyreke :x
Hardaway Jr
Vujacic? Farmar ? lol

Can PJ Dozier shoot?

Rondo hasn't signed anywhere yet has he?

Might as well not sign anyone tbh. Nobody that would actually take a 1 year deal will help this team. It's all about 2018 anyway. Just hanging back until then

All these teams tying up long term cap space got me hitting the bird man handrub. Feel like only Philly, Dallas, SAS & NYK are the main competition next summer.

Screen_Shot_2017-07-06_at_6.21.40_PM.png

Starting 5 lookin like

Brook, Randle, BI, JC, Lonzo

Bench

Zubac, Nance, Kuzma, Nwaba, Hart, Deng, Brewer

Now that I think it about it.... does it even matter who we sign if this season doesn't matter and it's all about 2018?

Just sign 3 Shelvin Macks on 1 year deals and call it a wrap.

Last edited:
really chaps my hide that Boston has all these assets because they traded KG, Pierce and Rondo

Makes me wonder what could have been if we got rid of Pau, Odom and Dwight when we should have

Last edited:
Now that I think it about it.... does it even matter who we sign if this season doesn't matter and it's all about 2018?

It matters bc you wanna put shooters around Ball to maximize his game which is important to get him off to good start and also show the teams Potential

Also we literally have no back up pg

It matters bc you wanna put shooters around Ball to maximize his game which is important to get him off to good start and also show the teams Potential

Technically nwaba is a PG

Technically nwaba is a PG

Brook is a shooter

Back
Top Bottom