**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

The real question is, if we strike out on a second max contract, is anyone else okay giving lopez like 15-20M a year for a couple of seasons?

Did Zubac die or something

I just don't see the value in an extremely slow footed center who can't rebound or play much defense.

Last edited:
Knowing our luck

D'lo gonna be great. Ball is going to be a bust. Tatum is the gonna be the next PG. it's just how things are in Lakers land lately. Ever since we aren't on fox sports west anymore we can't catch a break

Yeah you guys are right our team being a 25 win roster last season was much more appealing. Should have kept it as is for the next decade.
laugh.gif

its getting ridiculous
We were blatantly trying to lose for almost half the season. I would take it to mean the roster is worse than the start of last season. Not far fetched.

We lost 3 of our best scorers/3pt shooters and got Brook and 4 rookies. 

We can't tank this year so I def think we'll have more wins.

Last edited:

Yeah you guys are right our team being a 25 win roster last season was much more appealing. Should have kept it as is for the next decade.
:lol:

its getting ridiculous
We were blatantly trying to lose for almost half the season. I would take it to mean the roster is worse than the start of last season. Not far fetched.

You realize that you just described our retooling process?
Those three best shooters didn't win us much...we starting over in scratch

its getting ridiculous

One of those 'scorers/shooters' is Nick Young.
Sure hes useful and we need shooters desperately, but what was he going to do for us? He wasn't going to be the difference between 25 wins and a Championship.
He opted out, so its not even like we waived him. He left to join the Warriors.

Im not defending Magic and Rob by any means, but lets relax with how many 'valuable scorers' we lost.
The only real loss is obviously D.Lo. And we have no choice but to be hopeful that Zo and Ingram can become somewhat special enough to make sense of it long term.

Lou was a great player/scorer but i mean cmon...hes been a journey man because all he can do is score. He doesnt fill up the stat sheet in any other category, and is a worse defender than DFish past his prime. He wasnt helping us long term, and we got Kuz out of trading him which has a lot of young upside in multiple aspects of the game. So really, how did we get worse outside of losing DLo?...

laugh.gif

its getting ridiculous

One of those 'scorers/shooters' is Nick Young.
Sure hes useful and we need shooters desperately, but what was he going to do for us? He wasn't going to be the difference between 25 wins and a Championship.
He opted out, so its not even like we waived him. He left to join the Warriors.

Im not defending Magic and Rob by any means, but lets relax with how many 'valuable scorers' we lost.
The only real loss is obviously D.Lo. And we have no choice but to be hopeful that Zo and Ingram can become somewhat special enough to make sense of it long term.

Lou was a great player/scorer but i mean cmon...hes been a journey man because all he can do is score. He doesnt fill up the stat sheet in any other category, and is a worse defender than DFish past his prime. He wasnt helping us long term, and we got Kuz out of trading him which has a lot of young upside in multiple aspects of the game. So really, how did we get worse outside of losing DLo?...
What does that have to do with the roster being better this upcoming season? I thought that's what we were talking about. 

Brook led his team to how many wins last season? We're counting on him, 4 rookies, BI who had a historically bad rookie season, JC, Randle and the rest of the bench. 

To me this current roster is just as bad as the roster we had going into last season.

Doesn't mean our young guys can't turn into something better, but we really shouldn't have higher expectations than we had last year. Only difference is that we won't tank so we will get extra wins.

Nick Young wasn't coming back regardless whether Voldermort was here or not. Lou was already gone. Brook is better than Voldermort so we should be slightly better at least than if we still had Voldermort & Mosgov and the same roster now.

It's a process...you are sounding impatient right now
2018 or bust
laugh.gif

No one said anything about 2018. We're talking about last year's opening day roster compared to this current roster.

This has nothing to do with the plan or how it happened. It's just an observation. If you look at both rosters, last year's is probably better.

It's a process...you are sounding impatient right now

2018 or bust

No one said anything about 2018. We're talking about last year's opening day roster compared to this current roster.

This has nothing to do with the plan or how it happened. It's just an observation. If you look at both rosters, last year's is probably better.
Frankly, if BI and Randle improve, and Lonzo produces at a similar rate that DLo did, our team will probably win 30-35 games.

And really, there's no point in comparing last year to this year unless you want to make the playoffs now...it ain't happening this year.

Knowing our luck

D'lo gonna be great. Ball is going to be a bust. Tatum is the gonna be the next PG. it's just how things are in Lakers land lately. Ever since we aren't on fox sports west anymore we can't catch a break
This! the curse of the tv deal is real

Bring back Alen massengale on the pregame show!!! Glory days. Time warner curse

But for real, Dlo may be better than Zo next season . But Brook is so much better than Moz that it'll more than make up for the Dlo /Zo gap

Last edited:
Bring back Alen massengale on the pregame show!!! Glory days. Time warner curse

But for real, Dlo may be better than Zo next season . But Brook is so much better than Moz that it'll more than make up for the Dlo /Zo gap
DLo will probably score more than Lonzo
Passing wise though.....I doubt it

I just dont understand how we could upgrade at every position in athleticism, youth, talent and still be 'worse' than last year at the beginning of the season.

The only thing we lack right now is shooting. The only shooter we lost that we had control over is D.Lo.
Yeah that hurts, but every other aspect of our team is better. A lot better? No.

But better is better.
It doesn't mean we'll win a lot of games, it just means we have upgraded at each position on both ends of the court.

I just dont understand how we could upgrade at every position in athleticism, youth, talent and still be 'worse' than last year at the beginning of the season.

The only thing we lack right now is shooting. The only shooter we lost that we had control over is D.Lo.
Yeah that hurts, but every other aspect of our team is better. A lot better? No.

But better is better.
It doesn't mean we'll win a lot of games, it just means we have upgraded at each position on both ends of the court.

Yep. Then you figure existing player improvement on top of that.

Kennard is BALLIN. Really hope Zo shows out in summer league

Yep. Then you figure existing player improvement on top of that.

Kennard is BALLIN. Really hope Zo shows out in summer league
I remember hearing about Lakers wanting to trade D'lo to a top 12 lotto pick team so they can get Kennard but teams didn't want Mozgov with him

Last edited:
All these teams tying up long term cap space got me hitting the bird man handrub. Feel like only Philly, Dallas, SAS & NYK are the main competition next summer.

Back
Top Bottom