**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

This is when Magic's smile needs to pay off. Sell KCP that a year in LA under the spotlight and playing with Lonzo will rebuild his value and allow KCP to cash out next summer.

Not sure he takes it over whatever Brooklyn offers but we need to go hard after him.

nets have their money tied up right now with the otto porter offer and the wiz were gonna milk their grace period before matching last i read. 

True but Washington is gunna match eventually. Why would KCP be in a rush to sign if he knows he can wait a week and get cashed out by Brooklyn?

Yeah let's sign KCP to a long term contract and kill our chance at Bron+PG next year :rolleyes

Last edited:
Y'all crazy, after the Hardaway and Porter deals, KCP lickin his chops

4 years 70 mill at least

Last edited:
nets will move on to Jonathon Simmons. 

who am i kidding  
laugh.gif

id rather just let the kids get the minutes 

Our only competition is Brooklyn but like you guys said, I don't see him passing the guaranteed money for a 1 year in LA.

Dude, you really need to get over this. He's far too insecure to sign with the Lakers, and he's not dumb enough to leave the east. He's going to re-up with Cleveland for the supermax.

I would be willing to bet a lot of money he's not resigning with Cleveland. Just look at how the GM situation is playing out right now. That is not a stable organization. Plus all the rumors of him coming to the Lakers, it's way too much smoke to act like it's all a fantasy.

He's definitely not signing a super max tho. He's all about shorter term contracts so he can opt out and resign for more $$$ at any time.

Long shot, but gotta try at least. He's not a shooter in any sense, but maybe he's willing to bet on himself. Doubt it though.

Would have preferred Hill or Bradley but KCP would still be a decent fit. 

Dude, you really need to get over this. He's far too insecure to sign with the Lakers, and he's not dumb enough to leave the east. He's going to re-up with Cleveland for the supermax.
I would be willing to bet a lot of money he's not resigning with Cleveland. Just look at how the GM situation is playing out right now. That is not a stable organization. Plus all the rumors of him coming to the Lakers, it's way too much smoke to act like it's all a fantasy.

He's definitely not signing a super max tho. He's all about shorter term contracts so he can opt out and resign for more $$$ at any time.
Yup I think he's definitely leaving and we will be one of the options.

Yeah let's sign KCP to a long term contract and kill our chance at Bron+PG next year :rolleyes

Cleveland doesn't even have a GM right now. And the only guy Cleveland signed so far is Jose Calderon.

As much as I'd hate the move there's too much smoke around this Bron to the Lakers thing. It's like the return to Cleveland thing except it's way more mainstream. I don't know why he'd do it from a basketball standpoint but oh well.

Beggers cant be choosers.
If you think going after KCP with nothing to lose is a garbage move then you're probably the kinda dude who thinks James Johnson and Kelly Olynyk being paid 120 million together is a great deal.

As much as I'd hate the move there's too much smoke around this Bron to the Lakers thing. It's like the return to Cleveland thing except it's way more mainstream. I don't know why he'd do it from a basketball standpoint but oh well.
this will hinder on the progress of our young guys

if they ball out, its a no brainer to come play here instead of being stuck with myrie and aging bums like TT, Shump, Klove and JR

What's wrong with KCP?

I'd take him in a heartbeat, KCP and Rondo wrap it and up and hope the kids go hard.

Back
Top Bottom