**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

:rofl: @ dudes saying we 'Struck out' because we didnt sign the Dion ******* Waiters' of the world

Blessing in disguise man, good riddance.

Last edited:
We were gonna be bad regardless, but the Rob and Magic's strategy of preserving 2018 cap space by trading Dlo and not signing anyone for longer than one year has caused us to miss out on players that could help us win now (Waiters, George Hill, etc) guarantees that we'll be bad. If it works out and we sign two top tier FAs next summer then it'll be worth it, if not then we'll look real dumb a year from now. All I'm saying is that we're employing a very risky strategy that's backfired on us before.

You're not making sense if Voldermort is still here, Mosgov is still here, we have the same amount of cap space for this summer to be in the mix for those same guys. So it's literally the exact same thing or worse depending on how you look at it going forward. They weren't going to sign another Mosgov or Deng deal to 'win now'.

Last edited:
So if it's possible that we weren't going to be trash with him, why is it out of the realm now that we picked up a better player in Brook. If everything remained equal, Nick gone, Tarik waived, etc. How are we in such a worst position for this upcoming season than we would have been anyway had Voldermort been here? He would have been moved in a dump regardless seeing as they wanted to get cap space for 2 guys anyway.

It's easy to move contracts once you have the players you want. Look at Golden State last year, they were able to move Bogut within days on the Durant decision. We could have easily made this move next year, not to mention that Mozgov's contract would be easier to move with only 2 years on it as opposed to 3. Lopez makes us better next year but its a guarantee he won't be here after next season. Imagine if Dlo would've continued progressing; we could have gotten even more for him. I just don't understand the timing of the trade. Now imagine if we strike out on FAs next year...we'll look very dumb for giving away Dlo for 1 year of Brook Lopez

Looking at the list of UFA's that actually moved to a new team......Hill is the only one I would have liked for this team, and he rightly took a multiyear deal with more money

Calderon Cavs
Heyward Celtics
Gallinari Clippers
MacLemore Grizzlies
George Hill Kings
Millsap Nuggests
Darren Collison Pacers
Amir Johnson Sixers
Reddick Sixers
Patrick Patterson Thunder
Swaggy P Warriors
Casspi Warriors
Jodie Meeks Wiz
Teague Wolves

Ya'll really upset at Magic/Rob over this list of players? Most of which would not sign a 1-year deal

Magic/Rob haters......who should we have gone after on this list? How many of these players actually took a one year deal? These are the only UFA's that moved to a new team

It's easy to move contracts once you have the players you want. Look at Golden State last year, they were able to move Bogut within days on the Durant decision. We could have easily made this move next year, not to mention that Mozgov's contract would be easier to move with only 2 years on it as opposed to 3. Lopez makes us better next year but its a guarantee he won't be here after next season. Imagine if Dlo would've continued progressing; we could have gotten even more for him. I just don't understand the timing of the trade. Now imagine if we strike out on FAs next year...we'll look very dumb for giving away Dlo for 1 year of Brook Lopez

Bogut was an expiring deal. Mosgov isn't. You still would to have attach an asset to move him. Is still going to be D'Lo and you may not have another guy next summer who's expiring or the money matches up.

Possibly, but my issue has always been that if we needed to trade him then get another young player that fits our timeline. 

There was no need to play the cap space card right away.
So if it's possible that we weren't going to be trash with him, why is it out of the realm now that we picked up a better player in Brook. If everything remained equal, Nick gone, Tarik waived, etc. How are we in such a worst position for this upcoming season than we would have been anyway had Voldermort been here? He would have been moved in a dump regardless seeing as they wanted to get cap space for 2 guys anyway.
Is Brook the better player for 17-18? Probably. But Brook won't be here long term, and if he is it's because we weren't able to get the other big free agents.

And like I said, I don't really care that they moved Dlo. I said when he liked that twitter comment about us not needing Zo it was a bad look and wouldn't be surprised if he isn't here.

But they definitely could've gotten a lotto pick for him if they weren't attaching Moz or Deng. I much rather have another really good young player rt now than the chance to possibly maybe sign someone in another year.

I believe that we could've moved Moz or Deng next summer when they only have 2 years left and our 2020 pick is a little close. You don't agree, that's cool.

But I feel like that would have at least gives you more options. They played that card too quick. How do you not see that?

But they definitely could've gotten a lotto pick for him if they weren't attaching Moz or Deng. I much rather have another really good young player rt now than the chance to possibly maybe sign someone in another year.

Definitely? Weren't there reports that the Lakers were making calls on Dlo? We really don't know what happened. It's possible they didn't get good offers for him, unless you had a chat with Magic and can fill us in on the offers they got since you said "definitely"

Definitely? Weren't there reports that the Lakers were making calls on Dlo? We really don't know what happened. It's possible they didn't get good offers for him, unless you had a chat with Magic and can fill us in on the offers they got since you said "definitely"
So for Dlo AND Moz we got the 27th pick and a pretty good player.

What do you think we could've gotten for just him? 

Swaggy P 
smokin.gif

Funny how the entire world loves Swaggy and Javale when just 2 years ago everyone was laughing at them as if they were the most useless clowns in the world. :lol:
All it takes is one season to change everyones perception of you.

Funny how the entire world loves Swaggy and Javale when just 2 years ago everyone was laughing at them as if they were the most useless clowns in the world.
laugh.gif

All it takes is one season to change everyones perception of you.
from shaqtin a fool to world champs (assuming swag el gets his chip) 

jJF1QS.gif

kinda feelin all this cap space we have right now

you never know who gets bought out, waived, stretched or whatever before the season starts.

Let's move Deng and go all in for next summer.

Nah bro, answer my question.

:lol:
I don't know what we could have got for Dlo, but if you believe reports, they shopped him. They didn't make a deal, so maybe they didn't like the offers they got. Nobody can say they "definitely" could have traded him for lottery pick straight up, we just don't know what the offers (if any) were.

What did the Wolves get for Rubio?

The Utah Jazz acquired Minnesota Timberwolves point guard Ricky Rubio on Friday for a ‎2018 first-round pick via the Oklahoma City Thunder.

The pick is top-14 protected, sources said.

and he averaged 16 and 10.5 last year

Last edited:

Nah bro, answer my question.
laugh.gif

I don't know what we could have got for Dlo, but if you believe reports, they shopped him. They didn't make a deal, so maybe they didn't like the offers they got. Nobody can say they "definitely" could have traded him for lottery pick straight up, we just don't know what the offers (if any) were.

What did the Wolves get for Rubio?
A lotto protected pick.

He's making more than twice what Dlo is making.

I'm 99% positive they could have gotten a lotto pick if they weren't intent on attaching a bad contract.

I guess we'll never know. Maybe they insisted Moz be attached to any Dlo deal. Maybe they shopped him by himself at first. We don't know

He's gone though, we know that.

Is Brook the better player for 17-18? Probably. But Brook won't be here long term, and if he is it's because we weren't able to get the other big free agents.

And like I said, I don't really care that they moved Dlo. I said when he liked that twitter comment about us not needing Zo it was a bad look and wouldn't be surprised if he isn't here.

I believe that we could've moved Moz or Deng next summer when they only have 2 years left and our 2020 pick is a little close. You don't agree, that's cool.

But I feel like that would have at least gives you more options. They played that card too quick. How do you not see that?

And I don't believe that we could have moved them without attaching Voldermort (another asset who wasn't in the future plans :wink: ).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom