**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Philly cheese was 40% from 3 last year on 5 attempts a game *shrugs* seems like an upgrade to me

Last edited:
Read who typed up those posts and you will see that they are giving Magic/Rob a chance for the most part. The people that were mad at DLo getting traded the other hand.....
Only one consistent with the slander on both is really you.

I'm not saying your take was "spicy", I'm just saying that there's a difference of attitudes towards moves that are "controversial", whether it be a FA signing or trade.

If Mitch/jim would've made the same trade followed up by inactivity in free agency guess what..it would still be stupid. If magic/Rob would've signed George hill I would've called it a solid move

Read who typed up those posts and you will see that they are giving Magic/Rob a chance for the most part. The people that were mad at DLo getting traded the other hand.....
Only one consistent with the slander on both is really you.
Consistent with the hate
pimp.gif

I get both sides of it though.  On one hand, you want to give them the benefit of the doubt.  But on the other hand, we have seen how hard it is to attract good players to ****** teams by just having cap space.  I'm assuming this is where the hate is coming in.  They are literally trying the same pitch with a different pitch man.

Who knows though, maybe Magic is the change that makes it happen.

Last edited:
Philly cheese was 40% from 3 last year on 5 attempts a game *shrugs* seems like an upgrade to me

You have to actually sign people first before they can upgrade the team. You already jumped the gun with rondo and hill. Keep it in your pants this time, sparky

Last edited:
I'm not saying your take was "spicy", I'm just saying that there's a difference of attitudes towards moves that are "controversial", whether it be a FA signing or trade.

If Mitch/jim would've made the same trade followed up by inactivity in free agency guess what..it would still be stupid. If magic/Rob would've signed George hill I would've called it a solid move
It's been 5 months, you guys got less patience for this FO than with DLo. I was giving a chance to DLo for three to four years prior to the trade, perhaps they deserve the same.

It's been 5 months, you guys got less patience for this FO than with DLo. I was giving a chance to DLo for three to four years prior to the trade, perhaps they deserve the same.

I'm criticizing them based on what they've done/failed to do. I acknowledge that they can still turn it around but that's different than praising them for signing two max guys that aren't even available yet

I didn't care for Waiters to begin with, but I'll wait on the numbers before any criticism is hurled towards Magic and Pelinka.

Adrian Wojnarowski‏Verified account @wojespn 5m5 minutes ago

Free agent guard Dion Waiters is finalizing a deal with the Miami Heat, league sources tell ESPN.

Breathe easy people.

Now that this offseason is a wrap, when is the first summer league game?  I'm anxious to see if Ingram has actually been working on his shot.

Last edited:
Adrian Wojnarowski‏Verified account @wojespn 5m5 minutes ago

Free agent guard Dion Waiters is finalizing a deal with the Miami Heat, league sources tell ESPN.

Breathe easy people.

Now that this offseason is a wrap, when is the first summer league game?  I'm anxious to see if Ingram has actually been working on his shot.

Actually glad we whiffed on waiters

BI being more vocal out there
He's the captain now

Last edited:
I will gladly sit thru a season of Rondo if it means LeBron is coming [emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji]

Are guys like hill and waiters still considered upgrades for us even tho they signed with other teams?

All bs aside tho, does this summer's free agency really make anyone confident for next year? Pelinka's relationships with former clients i.e. waiters seems to be overblown in terms of making deals. Magic's charm and salesmanship so far has made other teams like Indy go completely out of their way to avoid working with him. Being completely objective, what is there to make anyone believe that we will definitely sign two max players next summer?

Last edited:
Riley must be an idiot giving a bum like Waiters a 4 year deal, right?

Last edited:
Bron, PG, etc might be confident enough in themselves (arrogant) to believe they can turn things around with some luck.

That's the best I got.

4 years, 52 million? That's Jordan Clarkson money!

I thought Magic/Rob would've been able to fineese Waiters into a 1 year deal here.
1 year @ 17 mil vs 4 years @ 52 mil.
He's missing out on 35 mil but that's over 3 years... he would've had to tank really badly or have a catastrophic injury to not be able to sign a 3 year, 35 million dollars next year.

But I get it, Spoelstra, Miami, Heat Culture, no taxes, 35 mil guaranteed >>>>>>> playing on a 1 year deal for the Lakers on one of the worst teams in the NBA with only Ball/Ingram as selling points. Hoping that way of thinking doesn't apply to Lebron & PG next summer.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom