**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

You're forgetting that dion is on his 3rd team
Dude needed to get the bag before he came down to earth and seemingly out the league
That stretch he had for them literally saved his career

SoHi, an athletes career can end at any moment, you take more guaranteed money whenever you can. Some take the risk and bet on themselves, some don't. Waiters loves Riley and Miami anyways.
Everyone pretty much would agree Riley is better than Magic/Rob, what marquee free agent has he signed so far this summer?

Last edited:
But I get it, Spoelstra, Miami, Heat Culture, no taxes, 35 mil guaranteed >>>>>>> playing on a 1 year deal for the Lakers on one of the worst teams in the NBA with only Ball/Ingram as selling points. Hoping that way of thinking doesn't apply to Lebron & PG next summer.

[emoji]129300[/emoji][emoji]129300[/emoji][emoji]129300[/emoji]

I don't get how just the thought of signing hill/waiters is met with praise but then striking out on them is no big deal? All part of the plan I guess

Last edited:
I am only criticizing Magic or Rob if they fail to land 2 max free agents next year. I'm not talking about Gordon Hayward or Otto Porter max level either, they need to sign 2 legit stars next summer or Ima be asking for them to get fired daily.

Until then, their plan is boring and we're gunna suck again next year but if we land those 2 stars next year, it will all be worth it.

If they don't, I would hope the Buss family sells the team.

Last edited:

I don't get how just the thought of signing hill/waiters is met with praise but then striking out on them is no big deal? All part of the plan I guess

"At least we're getting meetings now!" Or something like that

Pretty simple really
We get excited at the thought of adding some of these guys to one year deals. They end up taking more money and more years elsewhere. So we move on. The plan is to give 1 year deals. Do u get it?

Reactions: God
Pretty simple really
We get excited at the thought of adding some of these guys to one year deals. They end up taking more money and more years elsewhere. So we move on. The plan is to give 1 year deals. Do u get it?

So they struck out on their plan to get free agents this year because guys had better options elsewhere. But it's not a big deal because they will be successful doing this next year. Let's get excited at the thought of adding some of these guys on max deals. Yea bro I think I get it

Last edited:
They can give more than just 1 year deals next summer FYI
:rofl:. Jesus h Christ man

You excused them for striking out on guys that passed up their offer for better situations. You think there's not gonna be better situations than the Lakers next summer? Dudes really wanna be in state farm commercials that bad? You should at least be able to see the flaw in your logic. I mean it's your logic after all

I am only criticizing Magic or Rob if they fail to land 2 max free agents next year. I'm not talking about Gordon Hayward or Otto Porter max level either, they need to sign 2 legit stars next summer or Ima be asking for them to get fired daily.

Until then, their plan is boring and we're gunna suck again next year but if we land those 2 stars next year, it will all be worth it.

If they don't, I would hope the Buss family sells the team.
 on the clock

We gotta put faith in Rob and Magic on this one. Our commitment to preserving 2018 cap space has caused us to miss out on many potential free agents next year and guarantees that we're gonna be garbage this upcoming season (not even mentioning the fact that we don't have our 2018 first round pick). If we go through all crap, miss out on FAs this season, suck next season only to miss out on Paul George, Lebron, Westbrook, Cousins, etc. I'll be livid :smh:. We're employing the same strategy Mitch and Jim had only with better salesmen. Let's hope it works and we don't end up panicking and wasting our precious cap space on 2nd tier free agents.

Don't know why you continue to go back & forth with that dude. He's been trolling for 2 weeks now.

You excused them for striking out on guys that passed up their offer for better situations. You think there's not gonna be better situations than the Lakers next summer? Dudes really wanna be in state farm commercials that bad? You should at least be able to see the flaw in your logic. I mean it's your logic after all

If their plan is a failure, I'll criticize them. But we won't know until next summer. We don't know what will happen. If BI, Zo and Randle show huge strides this year and the team gets 35 wins maybe more, I can see 2 superstars teaming up here, absolutely.

Bron, PG, etc might be confident enough in themselves (arrogant) to believe they can turn things around with some luck.

That's the best I got.

lebron and george would turn this franchise around :lol: not championship turn around but playoff good team in the west turn around

if ingram grows some balls and ball pans out maybe even top 5 in the west

We gotta put faith in Rob and Magic on this one. Our commitment to preserving 2018 cap space has caused us to miss out on many potential free agents next year and guarantees that we're gonna be garbage this upcoming season (not even mentioning the fact that we don't have our 2018 first round pick). If we go through all crap, miss out on FAs this season, suck next season only to miss out on Paul George, Lebron, Westbrook, Cousins, etc. I'll be livid :smh:. We're employing the same strategy Mitch and Jim had only with better salesmen. Let's hope it works and we don't end up panicking and wasting our precious cap space on 2nd tier free agents.

Wait were we not going to be trash this year anyway? Even with Voldermort still here y'all were expecting us to be good?

im not sure what everyone is looking for in here. i thought it was already a given jamal crawford is coming over once he gets bought out?

We gotta put faith in Rob and Magic on this one. Our commitment to preserving 2018 cap space has caused us to miss out on many potential free agents next year and guarantees that we're gonna be garbage this upcoming season (not even mentioning the fact that we don't have our 2018 first round pick). If we go through all crap, miss out on FAs this season, suck next season only to miss out on Paul George, Lebron, Westbrook, Cousins, etc. I'll be livid
mean.gif
. We're employing the same strategy Mitch and Jim had only with better salesmen. Let's hope it works and we don't end up panicking and wasting our precious cap space on 2nd tier free agents.
Wait were we not going to be trash this year anyway? Even with Voldermort still here y'all were expecting us to be good?
Possibly, but my issue has always been that if we needed to trade him then get another young player that fits our timeline. 

There was no need to play the cap space card right away.

We gotta put faith in Rob and Magic on this one. Our commitment to preserving 2018 cap space has caused us to miss out on many potential free agents next year and guarantees that we're gonna be garbage this upcoming season (not even mentioning the fact that we don't have our 2018 first round pick). If we go through all crap, miss out on FAs this season, suck next season only to miss out on Paul George, Lebron, Westbrook, Cousins, etc. I'll be livid
mean.gif
. We're employing the same strategy Mitch and Jim had only with better salesmen. Let's hope it works and we don't end up panicking and wasting our precious cap space on 2nd tier free agents.
Possibly, but my issue has always been that if we needed to trade him then get another young player that fits our timeline. 

who cares if we suck, we still own our pi....

oh wait

So if it's possible that we weren't going to be trash with him, why is it out of the realm now that we picked up a better player in Brook. If everything remained equal, Nick gone, Tarik waived, etc. How are we in such a worst position for this upcoming season than we would have been anyway had Voldermort been here? He would have been moved in a dump regardless seeing as they wanted to get cap space for 2 guys anyway.

Last edited:

We were gonna be bad regardless, but the Rob and Magic's strategy of preserving 2018 cap space by trading Dlo and not signing anyone for longer than one year has caused us to miss out on players that could help us win now (Waiters, George Hill, etc) guarantees that we'll be bad. If it works out and we sign two top tier FAs next summer then it'll be worth it, if not then we'll look real dumb a year from now. All I'm saying is that we're employing a very risky strategy that's backfired on us before.

Back
Top Bottom