**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

You will realize by reading most of the posts that most of the ones that aren't overreacting to Magic/Rob's moves were the ones that criticized Mitch/Jim because it was happening for YEARS

there were posts like these last year

We needed a Center. We ALLLLLL knew this.

Whiteside wasn't coming.
Horford wouldn't either.
Pau is 36. Y'all hated him years ago.
95% of you never heard of Biyombo til a month ago.
Dwight? laugh.gif
Noah got 72 mil and just as washed.
Y'all hate Hibbert.

We needed a Center.

WHO did you think we'd get? Realistically.

We all wanted Whiteside, he didn't want us. Thee end.

They spent 16 mil on a starting Center.

11 mil in yesterday's money.

It's a dumb contract, but they ALL bout to be dumb contracts. Parsons is getting 96 mil. Beal 130. DeRozan 139. Its gonna be chaos out there.

We have 60-65 mil in space and spent 16 on the starting Center. Hope he can hold the fort for two years til #32 (Zubac?) turns 21.

It's not crippling. Bad, but not world ending.

And 6 hours ago you guys said we weren't signing anybody. So you should be happy then. You got somebody. And he's quicker than Hibbert. Just hope his knee heals........or, fails the physical. nerd.gif

Anyone know how to forge MRI scans? wink.gif

Same dude that wants Magic/Rob's head served on the platter already

Like, what the **** did you read from my post that was POSITIVE of the deal? :lol:

It's a dumb contract,

It's not crippling. Bad, but not world ending.

Just hope his knee heals........or, fails the physical

Anyone know how to forge MRI scans?

I mean..... :lol:

The difference is, MItch is an actual GM. The same GM that brought in Bynum, Odom, Gasol, Ariza, Farmar, Shannon, re-signed Kobe and Fish, made moves to bring in Dwight and Nash, also CP3 technically, he was an actual GM.

Magic is a former player with zero NBA front office experience. Pelinka is a ******* Agent.

So yeah, Mitch gets more benefit of the doubt than those two ******s do. Mitch even managed to keep our picks by protecting them, even tho we all "knew" we'd never care about the picks because we'd be winning titles with Dwight and Nash into 15-16 etc. (Blind luck, clearly, but hey. :lol: )

And I screamed to high hell for MItch's head when he didn't flip Pau, and when he and Jeanie gave Kobe the 48.5, if you choosin to misremember that **** now, I have ALL the receipts. :wink:

Bradley makes sense for us, one year remaining on the contract but we have no one to trade for him nor will Celtics wanna trade with us :lol:

Last edited:
Bradley makes sense for us, one year remaining on the contract but we have no one to trade for him nor will Celtics wanna trade with us :lol:

Bradley is solid. I thought Boston can't take back salary because they need to free up money for Hayward? If that's the case, can't we just trade draft picks?

Last edited:
Like, what the **** did you read from my post that was POSITIVE of the deal? :lol:

I mean..... :lol:

The difference is, MItch is an actual GM. The same GM that brought in Bynum, Odom, Gasol, Ariza, Farmar, Shannon, re-signed Kobe and Fish, made moves to bring in Dwight and Nash, also CP3 technically, he was an actual GM.

Magic is a former player with zero NBA front office experience. Pelinka is a ******* Agent.

So yeah, Mitch gets more benefit of the doubt than those two ******s do. Mitch even managed to keep our picks by protecting them, even tho we all "knew" we'd never care about the picks because we'd be winning titles with Dwight and Nash into 15-16 etc. (Blind luck, clearly, but hey. :lol: )

And I screamed to high hell for MItch's head when he didn't flip Pau, and when he and Jeanie gave Kobe the 48.5, if you choosin to misremember that **** now, I have ALL the receipts. :wink:

You: Lists Mitch's accomplishments that span over a period of YEARS
Also you: Magic and Rob are "******s" 3 months into their regime

And I would argue getting rid of The Future Superstar Elite Vision Point Guard who shall not be named and shedding Mozgov's contract is on par with those Mitch deals. :lol:

Bradley makes sense for us, one year remaining on the contract but we have no one to trade for him nor will Celtics wanna trade with us
laugh.gif
Bradley is solid. I thought Boston can't take back salary because they need to free up money for Hayward? If that's the case, can't we just trade draft picks?
lakers can absorb a players salary since we are under the cap

and only send Boston a trade exemption and the rights to any player (a euro) 

but i dont know if they can use that exemption towards signing a player 

someone might have to confirm that

doubtful that it happens tho

Last edited:

Draft picks make the most sense for Bradley, but none that the Lakers have. Lakers have measly second round picks from the Nuggets and Bulls from the Calderon trade.

Draft picks make the most sense for Bradley, but none that the Lakers have. Lakers have measly second round picks from the Nuggets and Bulls from the Calderon trade.

Plus they want the Lakers to be bad next season. 2-5 bad. Why help the Lakers.

People need to ease up the complaining about the new regime. I hate the Dlo trade and think it's beyond dumb. Correct me if I'm wrong but there were other avenues for opening up two max slots than trading him away to dump Moz. I also can't recall a team doing a salary dump a year in advance. That makes me think something is coming up that they know about.

The new regime made their plans clear and it's about next summer. I do think no matter how stupid this sounds, Lebron has a good chance of coming here. There's too much smoke for all this to be just noise. I don't get why he thinks PG and him are going to win it all, but supposedly it's a business decision rather than a basketball one.

Also Ingram and Ball need to get good quick to help attract those two here. Also even if the Lakers got LBJ and PG that wouldn't be close to enough to win the ring IMO unless the two young guys are really good soon or if injuries riddle the league.

Well Magic said it was going to be a five year process, so I will reserve my judgement by then.

Plus they want the Lakers to be bad next season. 2-5 bad. Why help the Lakers.

People need to ease up the complaining about the new regime. I hate the Dlo trade and think it's beyond dumb. Correct me if I'm wrong but there were other avenues for opening up two max slots than trading him away to dump Moz. I also can't recall a team doing a salary dump a year in advance. That makes me think something is coming up that they know about.

The new regime made their plans clear and it's about next summer. I do think no matter how stupid this sounds, Lebron has a good chance of coming here. There's too much smoke for all this to be just noise. I don't get why he thinks PG and him are going to win it all, but supposedly it's a business decision rather than a basketball one.

Also Ingram and Ball need to get good quick to help attract those two here. Also even if the Lakers got LBJ and PG that wouldn't be close to enough to win the ring IMO unless the two young guys are really good soon or if injuries riddle the league.
View media item 2484633
:lol:

Knicks shipping out Z-Bo and Crawford in 2008 to prep for Bron in 2010.

Totally forgot about this. But from what I recall there wasn't this much noise about LBJ going to the Knicks was there? Also sports media was totally different then even though 2008 feels like yesterday.

Last edited:
Totally forgot about this. But from what I recall there wasn't this much noise about LBJ going to the Knicks was there? Also sports media was totally different then even though 2008 feels like yesterday.

The orange & blue bird from that Nike commercial

If their plan is a failure, I'll criticize them. But we won't know until next summer. We don't know what will happen. If BI, Zo and Randle show huge strides this year and the team gets 35 wins maybe more, I can see 2 superstars teaming up here, absolutely.

That's what you and others are overlooking. It's not about hanging back and twiddling thumbs until next summer. The plan is already underway. Step one was to shed salary. Step two was bring in guys on one year deals that can make the team competitive and attractive to the guys you just cleared cap for. This is all part of the grand plan, otherwise you offer reasonable deals and could probably land a George hill. You don't make all these calls and setup these meetings with the goal of coming up empty handed. That's not the plan and it makes it that much harder to move into the next phase of the plan

Last edited:
That's what you and others are overlooking. It's not about hanging back and twiddling thumbs until next summer. The plan is already underway. Step one was to shed salary. Step two was bring in guys on one year deals that can make the team competitive and attractive to the guys you just cleared cap for. This is all part of the grand plan, otherwise you offer reasonable deals and could probably land a George hill. You don't make all these calls and setup these meetings with the goal of coming up empty handed. That's not the plan and it makes it that much harder to move into the next phase of the plan

The offseason isn't over yet man. Still 3+ months to go. A lot can happen. What if a month from now they trade Deng + Clarkson? How much cap space will we have then? What if someone is bought out or waived or forces a trade? Let's see what transpires before opening night

Last edited:
A lot of these young rookies showing out so far in the Summer league hopefully Lonzo does the same. Wish we got the number 1 pick so we could gotten Fultz :smh:

Ingram will be my player to focus on the most though... hopefully we can see a noticeable increase in strength and I also want to see an aggressiveness from him like he wants to dominate. Its only SL but I want to see that confidence from him I think thats extremely important. We know he has tools and is talented but the mindset is just as important for these young guys and want separates the good from great players in this league.

Back
Top Bottom