**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Well, could have let it grow slowly, organically, and let the young guys develop together over a period of time while the Warriors run comes to an end, but hey, let's rush back into their window like a bug against a windshield. What could go wrong?

At this point I'm just focused on ball/Ingram/Randle/Nance/Zu etc. No expectations for anything outside of that. Actually expecting to bring back Lopez and a mid tier guy going forward

Most of which would not sign a 1-year deal

This is the issue. The difference between the old plan and the new plan is that this time we have better pitchmen right? That has to be the difference because it's the exact same plan. And so far it doesn't seem like they have the chops as of right now. Going to be hella competition for those max guys and we'll be coming to the pot luck with just a pot. No different from how it's been for years

Last edited:

Looking at the list of UFA's that actually moved to a new team......Hill is the only one I would have liked for this team, and he rightly took a multiyear deal with more money

Calderon Cavs
Heyward Celtics
Gallinari Clippers
MacLemore Grizzlies
George Hill Kings
Millsap Nuggests
Darren Collison Pacers
Amir Johnson Sixers
Reddick Sixers
Paul George Thunder
Patrick Patterson Thunder
Swaggy P Warriors
Casspi Warriors
Jodie Meeks Wiz
Teague Wolves

Ya'll really upset at Magic/Rob over this list of players? Most of which would not sign a 1-year deal
They are still mad that DLo got traded. Who we could easily replace his production with Dion Waiters.
Would you agree that Magic/Pelinka have failed if we don't get 2 max players next year?

Would you agree that there's a good chance that this team will be bad next yr, to the point that max level players won't want to come?

We're punting this season for a chance to get some guys. Not sure why some of you don't see how risky that is, especially when that's part of the reason the old regime is gone.

And if we're going to say it'll be different this time, then yea he should've been able to work his magic and lure some of those guys you listed on a team friendly deal.

Most of which would not sign a 1-year deal
This is the issue. The difference between the old plan and the new plan is that this time we have better pitchmen right? That has to be the difference because it's the exact same plan. And so far it doesn't seem like they have the chops as of right now. Going to be hella competition for those max guys and we'll be coming to the pot luck with just a pot. No different from how it's been for years
Exactly.

Looking at the list of UFA's that actually moved to a new team......Hill is the only one I would have liked for this team, and he rightly took a multiyear deal with more money

Calderon Cavs

Heyward Celtics

Gallinari Clippers

MacLemore Grizzlies

George Hill Kings

Millsap Nuggests

Darren Collison Pacers

Amir Johnson Sixers

Reddick Sixers

Paul George Thunder

Patrick Patterson Thunder

Swaggy P Warriors

Casspi Warriors

Jodie Meeks Wiz

Teague Wolves

Ya'll really upset at Magic/Rob over this list of players? Most of which would not sign a 1-year deal
They are still mad that DLo got traded. Who we could easily replace his production with Dion Waiters.
Would you agree that Magic/Pelinka have failed if we don't get 2 max players next year?

Would you agree that there's a good chance that this team will be bad next yr, to the point that max level players won't want to come?

We're punting this season for a chance to get some guys. Not sure why some of you don't see how risky that is, especially when that's part of the reason the old regime is gone.

And if we're going to say it'll be different this time, then yea he should've been able to work his magic and lure some of those guys you listed on a team friendly deal.
If they can't get any good FAs in 2018, they deserve the slander that Mitch and Jim got the previous 2-3 years.
Other than that, they don't really deserve any criticism yet. Nothing substantial has happened so far.

I would've offered Meeks or McLemore 1 year overpays instead of hoping Waiters or Hill would accept your ****** offer. Not sure how that makes me still mad Dlo was traded but yeah Magic ****** that up.

I wanted to see what Mclemore could offer on a one year deal. Memphis got him on a decent deal.

At this point I'm just focused on ball/Ingram/Randle/Nance/Zu etc. No expectations for anything outside of that. Actually expecting to bring back Lopez and a mid tier guy going forward

their plan is to go all in next summer. So they're pitching 1 year deals to some players who would rather take long term security and more money. I don't see the issue in those players turning that down, doesn't mean "we don't have the chops". Now if we preserve all this cap space and give it to the 2018 equivalent of Moz and Deng, then we should be irate.

Agreed. The play is to get 2 max superstars next summer. I have to assume they have some intel on that front.

Last edited:
the intel is PG saying he wants to come home, same for Westborrok and  that LBJ is open to leaving Cleveland and moving to LA to pursue off the court endevears

oh and @Mamba MVP  's well being

the intel is PG saying he wants to come home, same for Westborrok and  that LBJ is open to leaving Cleveland and moving to LA to pursue off the court endevears

oh and @Mamba MVP
 's well being

yep, that's what us common folk have heard. Don't you think Magic and Rob are privy to more information than the average fans are? Maybe the answer is no, I don't know. I hope they have some type of back channel information

Last edited:
laugh.gif
@ them doing the same **** that hasn't worked for us the past 5 years
but but 24k magic in the air
tenor.gif

It's been 5 months and you guys are freaking out already
Yikes
Where was this energy when we signed Deng and Mozgov to multi year deals

Yikes
Pretty sure everyone was screaming about how terrible those deals were and have been ever since the signing.  I think the difference now is we for sure arent going to get a pick and we are throwing away assets for the chance to get an opportunity to speak to PG and Lebron and pitch them the same thing that failed us the last few years.

Last edited:

Yikes

Pretty sure everyone was screaming about how terrible those deals were and have been ever since the signing.
LOL
this thread was trying to justify the signings for the most part when it happened

"well you know we need some veteran support for the youngins"

I literally had this convo with CP about Mitch and Jim and he said the same thing to me YESTERDAY
and you know what, if it was a one year deal, it would have been fine
but it wasn't

LOL
this thread was trying to justify the signings for the most part when it happened

I literally had this convo with CP about Mitch and Jim and he said the same thing to me YESTERDAY
but it wasn't
I can't find that thread, but considering everyone is still complaining about those contracts you are going to have a hard time telling me everyone was on board.

LOL

but it wasn't

Yup and those people are the same chicken littles right now.

Who knew that Voldermort was going to make this year not be a punt. I must have missed when he became a star.

Yikes

Nobody was happy with that either?
I really never seen this type of vitrol and anger towards Jim and Mitch
The most I saw was people being "confused" and justification posts
It only turned to hate when Deng and Mozgov showed to be the doodoo butter that they were

Also don't understand why they haven't been linked with cj miles. It's a bad sign when you lose George hill to the kings and you offered the same money. So now how are you gonna sell two max guys who can choose a more appealing situation that offers the same money? Wasn't the knock against the old plan the fact that they were hoping to draw max guys to a bottom dwelling team and they needed to improve before chasing top free agents?

I really never seen this type of vitrol and anger towards Jim and Mitch
The most I saw was people being "confused" and justification posts
It only turned to hate when Deng and Mozgov showed to be the doodoo butter that they were
http://niketalk.com/t/637233/lock-dis-up/18720

Here you go.  Page 625 is where the rumors of Moz to LA begin.  But zero vitriol in there at all.

Looking at some of these reactions makes me feel better for my extreme over reaction toward the D'Lo trade 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
 Originally Posted by tyisny  

i was livid at hthe thought of Biyombo... these mutha******* went out and reached MOGZGOV at 12 Dickface Timothey really was the First FA we called... Hopes of KD and we turn to Mogz 
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
I about pissed my pants when I read this from the Moz signing.

people hating on magic and rob cuz they traded Dlo why would these players take a one year deal if they can get a multiple year deal? Now if they miss out next season then we panic

Just to be clear do y'all want them to sign more Mosgov/Deng type deals or nah?

Back
Top Bottom