**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I have a feeling it's gonna come down to DLo/Deng/28th pick

I wouldn't be mad at that

Honestly you really can't be. We get a star, cap relief, keep our untouchable assets, and become a player in 2018 FA. It'll definitely be WW3 in here though. Voldermort is a cult hero already.
Magic and Rob just can't give these guys a future first,the Pacers aren't in a position to ask for more.

If we ultimately have PG, Ball (or Dlo), Porzingis and Ingram I'll be happy.

That's probably impossible though even if we trade Dlo (or #2), Randle, JC, Nance, Zu, 28

As has been reported, #2 and Ingram are the only things off the table. Everything else is in play, even Voldermort.

League sources tell @RamonaShelburne and me: The Pacers and Lakers have engaged on Paul George trade talks in advance of Thursday's draft.
— Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) June 20, 2017

giphy.gif

I'm thinking if a deal gets done it's one of these:

Clarkson/Randle, 28
Clarkson/Deng, 28, 2020
D'Lo/Deng, 28

Honestly can't be mad at any one of those.

Only deal I'd be happy with.

No reason to budge off of that.
Agree on JC/Black/28 and 2020 being the ONLY deal I'd be ok with.  Would be angry if D'lo, Ingram, #2 are involved.  You have all the freaking leverage here.  Dont do it!!!

JC im ok with bc we know who he is already.  Dlo and Ingram can get better. 

I'm thinking if a deal gets done it's one of these:

Clarkson/Randle, 28
Clarkson/Deng, 28, 2020

D'Lo/Deng, 28

Honestly can't be mad at any one of those.
Taking on Deng is only worth one 1st? Dont think that's enough to take on his contract.

Why wouldn't they just do Clarkson 28 and Tarik instead?

We also have some 2nd rounders from the Calderon deal.

Taking on Deng is only worth one 1st? Dont think that's enough to take on his contract.

Get rid of salary to be players next year in free agency.

Get rid of salary to be players next year in free agency.
I'm saying one future 1st isn't enough to dump him with 3 years left.

I think Pacers are going to get pennies on the dollar, but they're not gonna take on a bad contract too.

Hopefully Deng plays well first half of the season and then trade him at deadline- BEST case scenario.  He sounded motivated in interviews, said he has something to prove to doubters

Last edited:
JC, Black, 28, and thats that.

Randle needs to be kept to be moved for other pieces later. I dont need PG now, get him next year. or not idgaf. im ready to roll with our young guns. If pacers dont want accept the offer then **** them. They need this now more than we do

JC, Black, 28, and thats that.

Randle needs to be kept to be moved for other pieces later. I dont need PG now, get him next year. or not idgaf. im ready to roll with our young guns. If pacers dont want accept the offer then **** them. They need this now more than we do
agree

if its both JC and Randle then we LOSE big time.

The whole attractiveness of getting PG was that we didn't have to gut the team to get him.  This would be opposite of that.

Hearing it might be JC/Black/28/2020
I'm not sure I want to give up the 2020 first rounder. I'm all for playing hardball. At the moment the main threat to getting PG is the Cavs and their front office is in shambles. Now it's possible another team swoops in, but no need to negotiate against yourself at the moment.

agree

if its both JC and Randle then we LOSE big time.

The whole attractiveness of getting PG was that we didn't have to gut the team to get him.  This would be opposite of that.

How is this gutting the team? We still have Ball, D'Lo, and Ingram (our top 3 guys) plus Zu, Nance and Nwaba. Team is going to be consolidated in some fashion whether it's now or next summer. We can't keep everybody and give them all minutes.

Back
Top Bottom