**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I don't know who needs to lose minutes but Max has to play more.

Wood decent out there and D.lo finally looked better tonight.
Glad to see these playing better but it’s against one of the worst teams in the league…need to see some consistency and solid performances against better competition.

Well that game kind of settled some stuff, and a few guys should have earned back more minutes going forward.

DLo, AR & Max should be eating into a majority of Cam’s minutes.
Rui, TP and Vando should be splitting minutes pretty evenly +/- 5 minutes I guess.
Wood should take all of Hayes’ minutes and should have some more looks as a sole backup big

(Do something with Gabe’s contract).

As long as Max isn't over dribbling, he is really helpful.
Or throwing the ball into the backcourt after being pressured 😂

All jokes aside there’s just too many players on the roster who deserve regular rotation minutes

Not sure how you guys feel but at least as of today the more I see of Vando the less I want to see him on the floor. Hopefully that changes…but he seems to be doing more harm than good out there.

I think if you can get Vando moving on offense, and not a stationary shooter. Cutting and dunking or cutting and dishing.

Just to have movement to force a team to react.

If he cuts weak side and they ignore him, it should be an uncontested shot at the rim. If they do. It could open up something elsewhere.

Vando’s problem is if they play him and Cam heavy minutes. That’s asking to lose games. I’ll take Vando over Cam, more defensive positional versatility, size and better rebounding.

I think if you can get Vando moving on offense, and not a stationary shooter. Cutting and dunking or cutting and dishing.

Just to have movement to force a team to react.

If he cuts weak side and they ignore him, it should be an uncontested shot at the rim. If they do. It could open up something elsewhere.
He's just gonna bobble the ball on the catch or take too long to load up and let the defense catch up to him. :lol:

can’t win them all :lol:

He did have 3 assists last night though.

Not as excited about his passing as this guy is but could be something.

FB_IMG_1703862480707.jpg

Unless the Lakers can beat the elite top 5 teams in the NBA, all these stats amd splits don't mean much.

The Eye Test tells you everything you need to know when you watch how the Lakers play against the teams that matter most, aka the teams you will likely face in the playoffs or the Finals.

The top 5 right now is BOS, MIL, PHI, MIN and DEN.

Lakers are 0-4 against these teams and have lost by an average of 18.5 points in those 4 L's. And it will probably be 0-5 after they likely lose again tomorrow against MIN.

Right now this Lakers team is nowhere close to being a contender. No stats are needed to make this obvious observation.

Changes to the personnel are desperately needed if this organization truly wants to capture #18 before the Celtics do.

Last edited:
Unless the Lakers can beat the elite top 5 teams in the NBA, all these stats amd splits don't mean much.

The Eye Test tells you everything you need to know when you watch how the Lakers play against the teams that matter most, aka the teams you will likely face in the playoffs or the Finals.

The top 5 right now is BOS, MIL, PHI, MIN and DEN.

Lakers are 0-4 against these teams and have lost by an average of 18.5 points in those 4 L's. And it will probably be 0-5 after they likely lose again tomorrow against MIN.

Right now this Lakers team is nowhere close to being a contender. No stats are needed to make this obvious observation.

Changes to the personnel are desperately needed if this organization truly wants to capture #18 before the Celtics do.

Correct , those teams have destroyed us

But we also saw how they can “flip the switch” when they treated the OKC game as a must win. That tells us they have another gear like last years playoff run

Correct , those teams have destroyed us

But we also saw how they can “flip the switch” when they treated the OKC game as a must win. That tells us they have another gear like last years playoff run
The "flip the switch" theory is unproven with these Lakers and highly unreliable.

Why couldn't they flip the switch against the top 5? Why can't they "flip the switch" against Sabonis, Fox, and the Kings?

Consistency is the key in a 7-game series. Can't be hoping to "flip a switch" when you're deep in the playoffs cause being able to flip a switch is not what got them there.

Yes, regardless of how up and down this team is....

there is a switch.

We flipped it on last year during the Play-in and rode it all the way to the WCF

We saw it activate in the IST

It's there....you try not to use it for regular season meaningless games, but we saw it.

Back
Top Bottom