**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

From almost stealing 2 games in denver to down 0-3. damn. Lebron chose the perfect time to show his age. Those missed 3s really did it, man smh….Lebron actually killed the momentum again earlier jacking up a 3, cant remember what quarter.

End of the day. Credit to Denver. They look like what warriors supposed to look like shooting from deep. I can honestly say it looked rare when they missed from 3 it’s unbelievable.
He can stop taking 3s. I mean nobody if forcing him to lol

So we keeping this pick or doing a draft night trade?

I'm already in off-season mode 😂

Ideally they find a trade that brings in an upgrade in talent, & brings back a lower pick (late first/early second)

Scouts have showed over & over how they can find talent in those spots

Crazy to me how the LA jersey was too heavy for Beasley. Our “shooter” that we were all stoked to get was unplayable when it mattered most

Guarantee he will kill us in a regular season game for another team

People made such a big deal out of the Westbrook trade but when you look at it, those guys weren't big contributors:

- Beasley is completely out of the rotation
- Russell was exposed and exploited, basically unplayable
- Vando had his moments in the playoffs but was playing under 20 mins towards the end

The best part about the Westbrook trade was getting him off of the roster which open things up for Reaves.

The biggest contributors were Reaves and Rui (and sometimes Walker)

Once the Lakers are officially out of the playoffs I’m done with the NBA for the season I have zero interest in watching any of the remaining teams
Same

I can only take the narrative basketball association if my team is in it

I'll be rooting hard for Miami. I'm a big fan of Butler and I would love to see him get a ring
I’ll be rooting for Miami but not necessarily watching.

I would be curious to see how well Miami attacks Denver inside. Still think paint should be wide open vs them

As long as Boston doesn’t win it all, I’m fine with either Denver or Miami going all the way. Just don’t want to see Boston get 18.

I wonder when it’s finally going to happen in the NBA when a team blows a 3-0 lead though. It has to eventually happen at some point though. But what’s wild is I can only remember 2 instances of a team down 3-0 so much as even being able to tie the series and force a game 7 (94 Nuggets and 03 Blazers).

But last time a team came back down 3-0 in a series in any sport was the 2014 LA Kings the season they won their second cup. Hopefully some of that energy can get passed to their fellow crypto occupants.

People made such a big deal out of the Westbrook trade but when you look at it, those guys weren't big contributors:

- Beasley is completely out of the rotation
- Russell was exposed and exploited, basically unplayable
- Vando had his moments in the playoffs but was playing under 20 mins towards the end

The best part about the Westbrook trade was getting him off of the roster which open things up for Reaves.

The biggest contributors were Reaves and Rui (and sometimes Walker)

While the above is true the team went from being out of the play in to a WCF birth & D’Lo, Vando were a huge part of that (both of them have performances during the playoffs where we could point & say we don’t win that game W/O them.

And I hope D’lo play in this series doesn’t get Ron thinking about that 3 star alignment again, This season showed the Blueprint on how to manage this Bron/AD team going forward

We need a deep rotation & guys to get us through the regular season… I Want Vando Back, obviously they Have to lock AR down, & I wouldn’t mind D’Lo back as long as it’s decent money

Only new guy I want gone is Beasley (Lonnie probably gonna get an offer bigger than we could match)

We didn’t get to see how Bamba looked & that’s unfortunate, because on paper he seems like a great fit next to AD

Random thought… wonder if Christie will play any summer league games this year? Thinking about going this year to check out Wemby but if Max is playing that would be cool too. I’m hoping that he’ll be ready to be a part of the regular rotation next season.

Once the Lakers are officially out of the playoffs I’m done with the NBA for the season I have zero interest in watching any of the remaining teams

Jimmy Butler is must watch and I always kept watching when the Lakers lost, even the Spurs was winning I still watched that boring *** team. :

Random thought… wonder if Christie will play any summer league games this year? Thinking about going this year to check out Wemby but if Max is playing that would be cool too. I’m hoping that he’ll be ready to be a part of the regular rotation next season.
Wemby probably won't be playing (still playing in his league playoffs now and has to prep for FIBA World Cup in August).

I might watch but def won’t be scheduling around it like I was/am when lakers are in. Was only fun watching other teams when the outcome was connected to Lakers interest.

I usually don’t care much about the playoffs if we aren’t in it but Jimmy made a fan out of me. The run he is on rn is incredible and that whole team is playing some inspired basketball.

Based on the comments the last few hours you'd think the Laker offseason started already lol.

Everyone in LA except for cedric ceballos cedric ceballos knows this season is over. Ain't no coming back from this deficit. Monday night is just a formality.

Yeah bro, it may be time to change the thread title to "Season starts next season" cause the only thing that starts on Monday is the beginning of the work week :lol:

Crazy to me how the LA jersey was too heavy for Beasley. Our “shooter” that we were all stoked to get was unplayable when it mattered most

Guarantee he will kill us in a regular season game for another team
**** was too heavy for Dlo too lol

Every time any one with any type of shooting capability comes here their 3p% drops 10% lmao

I'm so bummed, man.

Next season... 💪
No reason to be bummed out.

We weren't supposed to be here remember.

None of us truly expected to win a championship this season. Even after the trades were made.

Yes we made a commendable playoff run so props to the team for figuring out a way to win in the 2nd half of the season but I still knew this team was 1-2 pieces short of being a legit title contender.

And we found out this series that our guards save for AR weren't up to par for the challenge. NTM Ham didn't have the cajones to use Wenyen, Bamba, and TT and we will NEVER know if those bigs couldve made an impact so that's that.

Losing to #1 seed doesn't surprise me one bit. We tip our cap to Denver, we say thanks Rob for making us competitive and for removing the cancer, and..

Rob better go offseason shopping at
Screenshot_20230518_085716_Google.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom