**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

So you’re telling me Tristan going to give Murray a flying knockout while he drives to the hole? 🧐

Been saying it since game two. Denver just better.

Just sucks because after the 2020 chip we really didn't get a real chance to defend due to injuries and then the worst trade in sports history getting Westbrook.

We finally put something together and just run into a better team. It happens.

Bench dlo. Start Beasley. Max AR, Rui
AD hoisting 3s. Idgaf.

Lebron's decision making and passing has taken a level down since ARs emergence where he's confused on what he needs to do on offense except for 24hr fitness 3pt chucker. He makes it look so effortless at times he's almost averaging a triple double but for some reason doesn't have as much as an impact of how Joker influences the game.

Respect to Joker eff Murray.
We could have drafted Porter Jr but just threw in 2018 pick for Steve Nash.

The inability to not attack the paint when joker is out and losing/tying the none joker minutes is the difference in each of the games.

Been saying it since game two. Denver just better.

Just sucks because after the 2020 chip we really didn't get a real chance to defend due to injuries and then the worst trade in sports history getting Westbrook.

We finally put something together and just run into a better team. It happens.
Pretty much.

Team put together last minute. Battling a physical Memphis team, chasing around Curry and Klay every other day, and running into a well coached Denver team plus the altitude.

This team was in a game 7 type games since the trade deadline battling for position. Injuries didn’t help either.

Rui and AR are must signs this off season

Austin and Rui are both restricted free agents, I don’t really get concern about the Lakers not bringing them back.

If Ham starts D.lo again, he deserves all the slander.

I really like Ham. I felt he has done a great job with what he was given to start the year.

But man....come on. D.lo is just not effective right now. His confidence is shot.

“Nuggets are just a much bigger team and can shoot over us” - Rui

Lakers twitterverse:

“KYRIE IS THE ANSWER!”

Sounds sweet till dude decides to take a 35 game sabbatical in the middle of the season

As a franchise we need to stop falling in love with big names and build around the big names that’s currently slotted. It’s been shown that depth is the answer not 3 superstars and a gutted roster.

He can make starting lineup moves. But it doesn’t change the totality of the series. Denver is better.

If he goes DS/Vando. The offense will be just as bad if not worse. And the defense still isn’t great. Use size on Dennis. And use screens to switch off Vando.

If they go DS/Rui. You’ll need to play every starter 42+ minutes because the only bench guy you have is DLo and Lonnie. Which then creates the it’ll go downhill as the game goes.

As grim as it is. The only way they win this series is if DLo plays to his normal ability. WhilenAD/Bron/AR/Rui have good games. Or Lonnie or Beasley can give you 20 with AD/Bron/Rui/AR good games

Lakers ran out of gas and personnel. Ended up meeting the better team.

What worked so well is they had scoring by committee the last 3 months. And were able to use Vando. Needed a perfect series and didn’t get it.

how much you guys bet dlo starting game 4?
I think he will start.

For all his warts, D Lo is still that streaky player who can go for 30 or 3… you got this far with his up and down play, I get riding with him (especially going into a contract year they probably want to bring him back since they can’t really afford to lose him for nothing). See if he has anything early and if not give him the quick hook…. Most games aren’t won or loss in the 1st quarter anyway.

Hopefully AD and Bron can match the level of Murray and Joker then this D Lo thing is a moot point. Hasn’t really happened most of the series, w but in an elimination game maybe they’ll both play more desperate.

We really just need some shooters and a big lol
AR will get better but I wouldn’t mind a sort of different look at the pg spot over Dlo so long as he can shoot :lol:

Hard to imagine us winning another chip with Lebron unless we have a team built to load manage Lebron during the season. Dude can’t play 70 games and have energy for a deep playoff run

3 years with the 3rd year a team option. Lines up with Bron and AD.

Lakers offering AR 4yr/50 mil, but DLo getting 3yr/75 mill is wild me. Think he’s worth that? Have to choose wisely who you want going forward, only so much cap space

Lakers offering AR 4yr/50 mil, but DLo getting 3yr/75 mill is wild me. Think he’s worth that? Have to choose wisely who you want going forward, only so much cap space

The way the cap works, it’s in our best interest to sign Dlo to a reasonable deal where we can trade his salary later

If we let him walk, we cant get anybody with the money we would’ve used on Dlo. All that cap space will be gone. So letting him walk makes zero sense. Two years 40 mill makes sense to me. Then trade his ***** *** later

Minnesota gave us poison pill :smh:

Retain AR and Rui my only hopes. Reshuffle the deck with the rest

Back
Top Bottom