**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

The NBA Draft Lottery was first implemented in 1985 and has endured a few changes to the formatting along the way. It wasn’t until 2005 that the current allocation of lottery combinations among the 14 teams was put in place. Now, just twelve lottery events with the current format is a relatively small sample size, but here is a look at how teams with the three worst records wound up each year.

View media item 2394697

http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2017/4/3/15147230/la-lakers-nba-draft-lottery-odds-tanking

I'll take the 2013 treatment

We were gonna win 2 out of the Sac/Min/NO games anyway. Impossible to tank at home vs that weak tier.

I got heated hearing we beat the Spurs. Damn it Pop, dude is straight trolling. I could imagine him doing this to #teamtank 
roll.gif
16QD0.gif

It's still so odd to want my team to lose. However, on the brightside, at least we have Luke and not the Tank Commander anymore. I gotta say, this is great for Draft lottery TV ratings. I'm going to be on the edge of my seat during the draft lottery legit praying.

full

Even if we're lucky enough to keep our pick this season, next year's pick is unprotected. :x :smh: . If we can dodge the bullet again this year we're gonna have to try and make big moves during free agency. Being a bad team next year and watching Philly take our pick regardless is going to be tough to watch. This his most definitely the last year of tanking.

IF the team loses the pick this year, I think it'll force management to be patient and not make a drastic move involving the youngsters.

IF the team loses the pick this year, I think it'll force management to be patient and not make a drastic move involving the youngsters.

If we lose this pick we're gonna be Brooklyn status. We'll be out of our pick this year and 2019. Worst case scenario is we lose the pick and miss in free agency and we're forced to roll out this same 25 win team next year.

If we lose this pick we're gonna be Brooklyn status. We'll be out of our pick this year and 2019. Worst case scenario is we lose the pick and miss in free agency and we're forced to roll out this same 25 win team next year.
Basically, but I'm speaking in the short term of next year if the team loses the draft pick.

I think they'll be forced to trot out the younsters again, and sign a free agent or two to a one year deal.

Basically, but I'm speaking in the short term of next year if the team loses the draft pick.

I think they'll be forced to trot out the younsters again, and sign a free agent or two to a one year deal.

None of these guys are gonna be stars IMO. D'angelo is who he is at this point. If anything I can see Ingram and maybe Randle greatly. Other than that we're just a team of role players. Also Randle's rookie deal is up after next year and he's gonna want to get paid. He need to be traded.

What are yall really expecting out of that 19 pick that it's such a tragedy to lose it? If we're still depending on a lotto pick in 19 we got bigger problems

What are yall really expecting out of that 19 pick that it's such a tragedy to lose it? If we're still depending on a lotto pick in 19 we got bigger problems

Look at 15 and look at now. We're still awful. Unless one of these young guys because a star in the next 2 year or we get a big name FA we're mostly likely gonna still be a top 5 team in 2019. We need all the picks we can get as either a piece to trade or a quality player to build our roster. Very few teams go from bottom 3 to in the playoffs in 2 years unless they get a star.

Last edited:
I got heated hearing we beat the Spurs. Damn it Pop, dude is straight trolling. I could imagine him doing this to #teamtank :rofl:
16QD0.gif

It's still so odd to want my team to lose. However, on the brightside, at least we have Luke and not the Tank Commander anymore. I gotta say, this is great for Draft lottery TV ratings. I'm going to be on the edge of my seat during the draft lottery legit praying.

full

PERFECT execution of Gifs man.

Just perfect

+1 :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom